We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

Obviously they need to win out and would need a lot of help. They would be 9-7 & 6-6 in Conference. Its possible to get in but highly unlikely.

It’s not that crazy a scenario 

Colts and Raiders are 6-5 we’re 4-7

Colts and Raiders qbs are both not good stand struggling.  Carr got benched today he has to be mad about that

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Carr got benched today he has to be mad about that

As usual a clueless post. He didn't get benched for Glennon.....Gruden did the right thing by pulling him out when the game was a blowout.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The goals of this season are already assured so I'm very happy.  They were:

1.  Sam Darnold elevating his game and taking the next step.

2.  Adam Gase getting player buy-in and igniting our offense.

3.  Gregg Williams pushing vets and youngsters beyond their abilities.

4.  Joe Douglas making smart moves and restoring a culture of accountability.

5.  Jets playing meaningful games in December to get a taste of postseason pressure.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

The goals of this season are already assured so I'm very happy.  They were:

1.  Sam Darnold elevating his game and taking the next step.

2.  Adam Gase getting player buy-in and igniting our offense.

3.  Gregg Williams pushing vets and youngsters beyond their abilities.

4.  Joe Douglas making smart moves and restoring a culture of accountability.

5.  Jets playing meaningful games in December to get a taste of postseason pressure.

SAR I

SAR, we need the math.  4-7 equals what.  And how do we get in the playoffs?

• Haha 1

I'm thinking if the Jets actually stay focused - one week at a time - then the Jets SHOULD be 6-7 going into the December Thursday night tilt in Baltimore. We'll get crushed, but possibly still being in the chase in December would be a HUGE improvement. The Jets have been out of playoff contention every year after the 1st game.

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm thinking if the Jets actually stay focused - one week at a time - then the Jets SHOULD be 6-7 going into the December Thursday night tilt in Baltimore. We'll get crushed, but possibly still being in the chase in December would be a HUGE improvement. The Jets have been out of playoff contention every year after the 1st game.

Yup. 7-7 is when I would start to think playoffs.  But in Baltimore, on a short week to prepare for that offense.  Hard to see us winning.  But, before we think about Baltimore, lets just take care of business next two weeks against bad teams and make that game meaningful.

I have a feeling Cincy could actually be a trap game. They’ve shown some life, especially on defence recently and while they’re clearly in tank mode they’ll not want to go winless. They’d have had this game marked since we gave the Dolphins their W.

Going against run heavy Baltimore off of 5 straight wins with a #1 ranked run defence seems too good to be true. Not sure 9-7 will make it this year anyways if we somehow pulled it off.

If I know our Jets we’ll probably lose to Cincy/Miami and beat Baltimore to secure home field for the Pats.

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup. 7-7 is when I would start to think playoffs.  But in Baltimore, on a short week to prepare for that offense.  Hard to see us winning.  But, before we think about Baltimore, lets just take care of business next two weeks against bad teams and make that game meaningful.

I think we match up very well against balt. They are a running team and u cant run on us.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

SAR, we need the math.  4-7 equals what.  And how do we get in the playoffs?

Look we really are 5-6 because the bills game is a win. 

:-)

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Right now the 6th seed in the playoffs is 6-4. So we are 2 games back.  Looks like a 9-7 win team is getting in this year.

Next week the raiders are at kc so thats a loss.

Steelers play browns.  Titans play colts.  So some of these teams will be losing next week.  This is going to get very interesting.

The bills loss and the dolphins loss are going to really hurt.  I think this team can beat the bills and the Steelers.  10-6 would have gotten us in. 

The raiders are done and the steelers are done. 

Its the colts, titans and browns who are vying for the 6th seed.

Looking at their schedules, i have all 3 of those teams ending up 9-7.

So if the jets win out, we could have titans, browns, colts and jets all at 9-7.

And looking at the tie breaker when 4 teams are involved, conference record is huge.  And we are 1-6 in the conference.  So we are toast in regards to the playoffs. Dang.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The raiders are done and the steelers are done. 

Its the colts, titans and browns who are vying for the 6th seed.

Looking at their schedules, i have all 3 of those teams ending up 9-7.

So if the jets win out, we could have titans, browns, colts and jets all at 9-7.

And looking at the tie breaker when 4 teams are involved, conference record is huge.  And we are 1-6 in the conference.  So we are toast in regards to the playoffs. Dang.

If the Jets turn 1-7 into 8-8 that would be a fantastic accomplishment and set us up for a great offseason where the quarterback is validated, the media isn’t a distraction, the coach isn’t scrutinized, and the players feel excited about 2020.  

Playoffs not necessary. 

SAR I 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Right now the 6th seed in the playoffs is 6-4. So we are 2 games back.  Looks like a 9-7 win team is getting in this year.

Next week the raiders are at kc so thats a loss.

Steelers play browns.  Titans play colts.  So some of these teams will be losing next week.  This is going to get very interesting.

Assuming the Bills lose to the Cowboys, they still have 8 wins.  Either TEN or IND gets to 7 this weekend.  PIT gets to 7 or CLE gets to 6.

Were also not winning out.  The Ravens will beat us.  That’s okay.  They’re a better, SB ready team.

Its done.  Good football matters though.  That’s what we’re rooting for.  Winning all but the Ravens would be a great finish.

FO has us at a 1.1% chance, FWIW.

• Upvote 1

It is mathematically still possible that we could squeak in but we have to win all or all but one of our remaining games and many other teams in the hunt have to lose all or almost all of their remaining games. That is a lot to get right and probably doesn't happen. I am at peace with it. So much has gone not in our favor this season that I want to see the team improve and look like a playoff competitor the remainder of the year even if it isn't one. 

Far more important questions continue for the season like whether Gase can keep building on this success, how many positions outside of the OL need substantial help in the offseason, who is coming back next year after all these season ending injuries and of course how Darnold will progress through the remaining games. Darnold has had some good games and some not so good games since coming back. It is unfortunate that we have so few playoff teams left to play to get a real sense of where he is right now against the teams we will have to beat next year. I don't expect to win the Ravens game but it will be a great opportunity to see whether the team is doing a good job beating up on the bottom of the league or is really performing well. 

28 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Win out, have the Colts/Browns collapse. If there's a 3 way tie at 9-7 the Jets are out. They need to be 9-7 with the Raiders.

Don't bet your mortgage money on it.

I have done that multiple times, and I have studied the schedules pretty closely.  If the Jets somehow win out, they have a pretty good shot.  All of the teams in the hunt play each other so there could be a lot of teams cancelling each other out.  

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

The bills loss and the dolphins loss are going to really hurt.  I think this team can beat the bills and the Steelers.  10-6 would have gotten us in. 

The Dolphins loss more than anything.  

If we were 5-6 today, looking at our remaining schedule and current play quality, you could make a reasonable argument for playing meaningful games right up thru season's end.

At 4-7, that feels alot more like a stretch.  especially knowing that the Phins and Bills could both beat us, because they both DID beat us.  

But to be clear, every game left on our schedule, sans the Baltimore game, is an exceedingly winnable games.  Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, all of those teams can (and we could argue should) be beaten by the Jets we've seen the past three weeks.

But Baltimore is materially, substantially, beaten than us on our best day, and (if I recall) we're playing in their house.  

8-8 is possible.  7-9 is more likely.  6-10 is still a real potential finish.

On to Cincy.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Dolphins loss more than anything.  

If we were 5-6 today, looking at our remaining schedule and current play quality, you could make a reasonable argument for playing meaningful games right up thru season's end.

At 4-7, that feels alot more like a stretch.  especially knowing that the Phins and Bills could both beat us, because they both DID beat us.  

But to be clear, every game left on our schedule, sans the Baltimore game, is an exceedingly winnable games.  Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, all of those teams can (and we could argue should) be beaten by the Jets we've seen the past three weeks.

But Baltimore is materially, substantially, beaten than us on our best day, and (if I recall) we're playing in their house.  

8-8 is possible.  7-9 is more likely.  6-10 is still a real potential finish.

On to Cincy.

Agree with all of this. 

but playing meaningful games in dec would have been nice. 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:17 PM, Philc1 said:

It’s not that crazy a scenario 

Colts and Raiders are 6-5 we’re 4-7

Colts and Raiders qbs are both not good stand struggling.  Carr got benched today he has to be mad about that

He was pulled, he and Jacobs to avoid an injury. The game was out of reach in the 3rd.