Jump to content
johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Same Old said:

If it is "this" then you have established Sam is nothing other than a high draft pick by a historical sh-it team and clearly has Not earned the title of franchise qb.

Took you awhile but you in the end got it right. 

Well done troll. 

I hope the mods find your previously banned IP address. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We are winning 4-5 games this year

No argument here. I think most knowledgable fans understood this team needed 3 to 4 years to be relevant. Going for it this year was foolish. The money spent on free agents was wasted. By the time this team builds itself into a contender those free agents will be useless and they will have to start over again. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sam was fine his rookie year you are too used to today’s twitter short attention span nfl where 1st round pick qbs are expected to win the Super Bowl immediately or they suck

No. Not at all. I take exception to handing the franchise tag out to players that haven't earned it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Same Old said:

Allen is clearly superior to Sam. But then again when was the last time the Jets drafted intelligently? USC should have been a warning sign. 

Of course.  Its not even close.  Allen has put his team on his back multiple times and won games.  He is a star in this league.  He has every tool you could possible want.

Thats not to say Sam is damaged goods, but I have seen nothing from him that makes me think he will be any good at this level.

The good thing is, he will be back after the bye and we will get 13 games to evaluate him.  No excuses.

  • Thumb Down 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SAR I said:

No.  No one can predict injuries, any prognosticator gets a pass for that.  Steve Young picked the New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers to meet in the Super Bowl, you can't call him a fool because he didn't also predict Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees injuries.

And unless you're a SOJ hater, it's very obvious that if Darnold didn't get mono and Mosely didn't get hurt we would be 2-0 right now and the talk of the NFL would be the buzz around our suddenly dominant defense.  Where I thought that Dallas and Philadelphia would be definite losses I'm now quite optimistic.  You should be too.  The same team we were pumped about in August is still there. 

SAR I

Like the optimistic view but let’s be fair 

1. Gase isn’t the 2nd coming.... he’s just not 

2. The OL is bad

3. The skill positions outside of Bell, Herndon, maybe crowder no good 

5-11

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Of course.  Its not even close.  Allen has put his team on his back multiple times and won games.  He is a star in this league.  He has every tool you could possible want.

Thats not to say Sam is damaged goods, but I have seen nothing from him that makes me think he will be any good at this level.

The good thing is, he will be back after the bye and we will get 13 games to evaluate him.  No excuses.

We are in total agreement while others are looking thru their rose colored glasses. I expect the team will be using a high draft pick on a QB in 2020.

 

  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’m willing to bet anyone here 1MM, no

Can someone provide me with the monetary translation of 1MM is?

 

It may be worth a bet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:


We can beat them though. Unless you are one who things we ar gonna roll over and die too.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That’s exactly what I think , our coaching staff will never hold this together, it’s a toxic environment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Well, yeah, that’s what I was saying. 

But now that we’ve established he’s a troll...

Yeah and I've established that you are a Jets homer who is delusional about his team. Its ok. We have all been there. Sorry the truth hurts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Yeah and I've established that you are a Jets homer who is delusional about his team. Its ok. We have all been there. Sorry the truth hurts

Well done again, troll. 

You’ll be banned soon enough and them slink back under another crappy username. 

Pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

Yeah and I've established that you are a Jets homer who is delusional about his team. Its ok. We have all been there. Sorry the truth hurts

I think the post I enjoyed the most was SAR's who stated Jets would be 2-0 if Mosley didn't get injured.  Talk about delusional. Like one person going down changes a great defense to one that bites. News flash, defense is built as a unit and depth is always the deal breaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We have laid a smelly turd in the first two games. Mono and lack of Darnold has led to some serious conservatism on offense, the OL is awful, and the defense is not great.

However, the defense showed improvement last week, Darnold will be back for Philadelphia and the defense will continue to get better.

I also believe that a healthy Darnold will show why he is a future Top 5 QB coming back

We will probably lose to NE this Sunday, but I expect there to be signs of improvement.

Philadelphia, Dallas and NE are a tough stretch. But I am not really that impressed with Dallas. 

Say we start 1-5.

Oh no, season over....but is it?

I realize that every team right now is penciling in the Jets game as a win for them, but the Jets did show some improvement Monday, and the Buffalo game was "won" before out epic fail.

I still believe we will be more like the TD machine we saw in preseason than our performances in first two games.

But here's the thing: After these 6 games our schedule is EPIC in its easiness We play likely only 1 team that will be in the playoffs, Baltimore and they are not as good as they look and might be on QB#3 by the time we play them.

I actually think we can start as good as 3-3 but even if we start 1-5, I think this team builds momentum wins 9 of last 10 and makes the playofffs.

Usually I would think the season is over but don't feel that way this time.

Whoever is selling you pot, I'd like their number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Of course.  Its not even close.  Allen has put his team on his back multiple times and won games.  He is a star in this league.  He has every tool you could possible want.

Thats not to say Sam is damaged goods, but I have seen nothing from him that makes me think he will be any good at this level.

The good thing is, he will be back after the bye and we will get 13 games to evaluate him.  No excuses.

Wow....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Well done again, troll. 

You’ll be banned soon enough and them slink back under another crappy username. 

Pathetic. 

There is nothing more crappy than a username of Peace Frog. Just saying. The Doors which is where you probability got your name from would not approve.  Ive only spoken the truth in your fourm BTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Same Old said:

I think the post I enjoyed the most was SAR's who stated Jets would be 2-0 if Mosley didn't get injured.  Talk about delusional. Like one person going down changes a great defense to one that bites. News flash, defense is built as a unit and depth is always the deal breaker. 

They dont want to hear the truth around here. Only sensible Jets guy on here is probability NYJUNC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

FO has us at an 8.2% chance of making the playoffs.  That sounds pretty fair right now.

Back in the early 90's the SD Chargers started out 0-4 they were terrible and I can remember vividly analysts laughing at just how terrible they were. Then they ripped off 11 out of the next 12 and won their first playoff game. I'm not saying the Jets can pull that off but I have seen teams look pretty horrible the first quarter of the season and then get it turned around. The Jets did it in 2002 starting 2-5 .

The OL can't be this bad and right now that's the focus of all our problems. The Defense has played well but they are also on the field at an alarming rate which is not good for any defense. The main problem the OL can be fixed and if that happens and we somehow start to get healthy and get Herndon and Copeland back we can make a decent run at this due to the easy schedule down the stretch.

Yes it's a stretch but we have to try and pull something positive out of this debacle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That’s exactly what I think , our coaching staff will never hold this together, it’s a toxic environment 

Where do you get the toxicity from? I haven’t seen anything that would slide the environment being toxic. Only fan and media types


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We have laid a smelly turd in the first two games. Mono and lack of Darnold has led to some serious conservatism on offense, the OL is awful, and the defense is not great.

However, the defense showed improvement last week, Darnold will be back for Philadelphia and the defense will continue to get better.

I also believe that a healthy Darnold will show why he is a future Top 5 QB coming back

We will probably lose to NE this Sunday, but I expect there to be signs of improvement.

Philadelphia, Dallas and NE are a tough stretch. But I am not really that impressed with Dallas. 

Say we start 1-5.

Oh no, season over....but is it?

I realize that every team right now is penciling in the Jets game as a win for them, but the Jets did show some improvement Monday, and the Buffalo game was "won" before out epic fail.

I still believe we will be more like the TD machine we saw in preseason than our performances in first two games.

But here's the thing: After these 6 games our schedule is EPIC in its easiness We play likely only 1 team that will be in the playoffs, Baltimore and they are not as good as they look and might be on QB#3 by the time we play them.

I actually think we can start as good as 3-3 but even if we start 1-5, I think this team builds momentum wins 9 of last 10 and makes the playofffs.

Usually I would think the season is over but don't feel that way this time.

 

 

 

 

 

Why are you doing this to yourself - trying to convince your self , that the Jets can turn this around in a lost season.

The only reason the Jets defense hasn’t look bad is they played too lousy offenses. ( Bills and Browns ) .    They play any decent offense , and that defense will get exposed big time.

The Jets offense line looks really bad ( that L Bell has looked average- some of the short runs he had were impressive when he was hit well behind the line of scrimmage. ( why the Browns despite the talent they have on offense aren’t going anywhere either - their offense line is terrible).

The Jets better make sure Darnold 100% healthy ( full strength) before they even think of playing him in a lost season already. 

Hopefully the Jets Fo more level headed,  and are looking long term , than short term.      Until they can put a decent offense line ( can protect Darnold) it’s crazy to throw him out there.   So many potential franchise QBs were ruined playing behind a porous offense line.   

Any Jet fan that thinks this team can make the playoffs is just setting themself up for more misery.

The Jets should be looking to raid every NFL practice squad looking for young  offense line.  ( build that unit up around your third round choice C Edoga - who also should be playing now at Lt - develop him now why your third string Qb out there).

Find one or two answers on the offense line, and it’s much easier to find two quality offense lineman than four in one offseason.     Jet Fo should stop looking for stop gaps on the offense line, but long term answers.  

 

 

 

Edited by Raideraholic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Jets make the playoffs, Gase is a slam dunk coach of the year. It would be one of the more incredible stories in the NFL in recent years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Why are you doing this to yourself - trying to convince your self , that the Jets can turn this around in a lost season.

The only reason the Jets defense hasn’t look bad is they played too lousy offenses. ( Bills and Browns ) .    They play any decent offense , and that defense will get exposed big time.

The Jets offense line looks really bad ( that L Bell has looked average- some of the short runs he had were impressive when he was hit well behind the line of scrimmage. ( why the Browns despite the talent they have on offense aren’t going anywhere either - their offense line is terrible).

The Jets better make sure Darnold 100% healthy ( full strength) before they even think of playing him in a lost season already. 

Hopefully the Jets Fo more level headed,  and are looking long term , than short term.      Until they can put a decent offense line ( can protect Darnold) it’s crazy to throw him out there.   So many potential franchise QBs were ruined playing behind a porous offense line.   

Any Jet fan that thinks this team can make the playoffs is just setting themself up for more misery.

The Jets should be looking to raid every NFL practice squad looking for young  offense line.  ( build that unit up around your third round choice C Edoga - who also should be playing now at Lt - develop him now why your third string Qb out there).

Find one or two answers on the offense line, and it’s much easier to find two quality offense lineman than four in one offseason.     Jet Fo should stop looking for stop gaps on the offense line, but long term answers.  

 

 

 

Im down for jets bashing anytime but to call Bills and especially browns offense lousy is a reach fam. Bills avg so far is 22.5 ppg Browns 18 ppg. Worry about your own problems. Raiders only scoring 17ppg so far and you had a game against the chiefs were you only scored 13 lol......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Same Old said:

If it is "this" then you have established Sam is nothing other than a high draft pick by a historical sh-it team and clearly has Not earned the title of franchise qb.

Took you awhile but you in the end got it right. 

 

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Whatever dude are you a millennial?  You do realize qbs usually take years to develop Sam has had one

Uh... you guys are agreeing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Im down for jets bashing anytime but to call Bills and especially browns offense lousy is a reach fam. Bills avg so far is 22.5 ppg Browns 18 ppg. Worry about your own problems. Raiders only scoring 17ppg so far and you had a game against the chiefs were you only scored 13 lol......

Bills  played the Jets and Giants.    ( would you say either had a good defense).    Browns were embarrassed by the Titans. ( didn't do anything on Titans defense).   The Browns have talent at the skill positions on offense, but their porous offense line, and the young Qb  struggling reading Defenses negate that talent.

The Raiders oFfense looked a lot better with Rt Trent Brown in there  - were up 10-0 on Kc after one quarter.    Wasn't Surprising they struggled after he went out in the first quarter ( knee as they were already down their two starting guards ( Incognito - Suspension, and Gabe Jackson injury).    Well they get back Incognito this week, and Gabe Jackson maybe next week .     They ran it great against the Chiefs and with their full healthy offense line it's a diffrent game.( not to mention their speed threats were out) .

Thats the difference the Raiders are going to get their top players back oN the offeNse line at some point, there are no such players that the Jets Can count on making a difference on the offense line.    

The Raiders are 1-1 facing a killing seven game road schedule , and the Jets are soon to be 0-3 .     ( season over if that happens).   Like my teams chances a lot better, not to mention at some point those high price free agents you signed are going to mail it in for this year.( those players are use to playing meaniful games in December, not season finished by September.  That might be Gases toughest coaching assignment keeping those guys motivated on a lost season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Back in the early 90's the SD Chargers started out 0-4 they were terrible and I can remember vividly analysts laughing at just how terrible they were. Then they ripped off 11 out of the next 12 and won their first playoff game. I'm not saying the Jets can pull that off but I have seen teams look pretty horrible the first quarter of the season and then get it turned around. The Jets did it in 2002 starting 2-5 .

The OL can't be this bad and right now that's the focus of all our problems. The Defense has played well but they are also on the field at an alarming rate which is not good for any defense. The main problem the OL can be fixed and if that happens and we somehow start to get healthy and get Herndon and Copeland back we can make a decent run at this due to the easy schedule down the stretch.

Yes it's a stretch but we have to try and pull something positive out of this debacle

Hence why it’s 8.2% and not 0%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, thshadow said:

I can't believe you guys are arguing over semantics, but for the record, you're wrong.  Statistics analyzes and interprets existing data.  Like 0-2 is a statistic, or averaging -3 passing yards per attempt.  8.2% is a probability.

image.png.93399d3e5647ede3688236330d1815b1.png

And my MIT professor would have argued that 8.2% isn't even a probability, because "the Jets making the playoffs this year" is a 1-time event, not something that can be repeated - but that's a more philosophical question.

 

 

So, what am I supposed to do with this certificate now?  It has gold foil and everything.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Bills  played the Jets and Giants.    ( would you say either had a good defense).    Browns were embarrassed by the Titans. ( didn't do anything on Titans defense).   The Browns have talent at the skill positions on offense, but their porous offense line, and the young Qb  struggling reading Defenses negate that talent.

The Raiders oFfense looked a lot better with Rt Trent Brown in there  - were up 10-0 on Kc after one quarter.    Wasn't Surprising they struggled after he went out in the first quarter ( knee as they were already down their two starting guards ( Incognito - Suspension, and Gabe Jackson injury).    Well they get back Incognito this week, and Gabe Jackson maybe next week .     They ran it great against the Chiefs and with their full healthy offense line it's a diffrent game.( not to mention their speed threats were out) .

Thats the difference the Raiders are going to get their top players back oN the offeNse line at some point, there are no such players that the Jets Can count on making a difference on the offense line.    

The Raiders are 1-1 facing a killing seven game road schedule , and the Jets are soon to be 0-3 .     ( season over if that happens).   Like my teams chances a lot better, not to mention at some point those high price free agents you signed are going to mail it in for this year.( those players are use to playing meaniful games in December, not season finished by September.  That might be Gases toughest coaching assignment keeping those guys motivated on a lost season.

Jets have a good front 7 but secondary sucks. Giants D definitely sucks. After watching the tape BILLS left some out there that we should have had but the offense looks light years better than it has in the pass.

Regarding the Raiders I will go watch that game vs KC to look for the things you pointed out  on offense. Im not sold on the Raiders D but that is for a different conversation.

Regarding GASE he sucks. 

None the less good post!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think if I lived in Buffalo or was from there, I’d probably also be taking a victory lap over 4 turnover Josh Allen barely beating the Mono-QB’d, Ray Finkled Jets, who, aren’t actually good as well as the NY Saquons, in a year where I still have no chance to win the division.  It’d be all I had.  Well, that and Mountain Dew mouth.

Leave these guys alone, JN.  This is practically their Make-A-Wish.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

His spleen was likely larger than your brain.

Oof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jgb said:

If the Jets make the playoffs, Gase is a slam dunk coach of the year. It would be one of the more incredible stories in the NFL in recent years.

Jets are going 4-12

 

 

Again

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

It’s delusional fans like you SAR that make me hate the Jets. Not because you love your team, cause we all do. The problem is that you cannot look at your team and your rivals objectively.

I have never cared about the innermost feelings of the upstate cow-tipper before and I'm not going to start now.  You have bigger problems than worrying about how city-folk feel about their football team, Jethro.

SAR I

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Same Old said:

No argument here. I think most knowledgable fans understood this team needed 3 to 4 years to be relevant. Going for it this year was foolish. The money spent on free agents was wasted. By the time this team builds itself into a contender those free agents will be useless and they will have to start over again. 

Look I was hoping for 8-8 or 9-7 which probably would have happened if we had Ficken as our kicker week 1 and Sam avoided Mono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets are going 4-12

2002-nyj.jpg

The 2002 New York Jets lost 3 early games by a combined score of 102-13.  Humiliated by the media.  Huge point spreads.  "We suck!"  "We're going 4-12!" all the SOJF said, pitying themselves and not seeing the truth-  that the problem was at quarterback.

Jets corrected their QB situation, we won the division.

Sam Darnold is sick.  He played the Bills game when he should have been in a hospital getting treatment.  Trevor Semen and Luke Falk aren't NFL quarterbacks.  When Sam comes back, all will be well.  There is plenty of time left to turn 0-3 into 9-7.  The teams battling for the AFC wildcards have less talent and lesser quarterbacks. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...