Jump to content
johnnysd

We are still going to the playoffs

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

2002-nyj.jpg

The 2002 New York Jets lost 3 of their first 4 games by a combined score of 102-13.  "We suck!"  "We're going 4-12!" all the SOJF said, pitying themselves and not seeing the truth-  that the problem was at quarterback.

Jets corrected their QB situation, we won the division.

Sam Darnold is sick.  He played the Bills game when he should have been in a hospital getting treatment.  Trevor Semen and Luke Falk aren't NFL quarterbacks.  When Sam comes back, all will be well.  There is plenty of time left to turn 0-3 into 9-7.  The teams battling for the AFC wildcards have less talent and lesser quarterbacks. 

SAR I

We don’t have the offensive line or talent on defense that team had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We don’t have the offensive line or talent on defense that team had

We don't need to.  The AFC isn't that strong right now.  Once you get past NE and KC there is a whole bunch of crap.

2-0 Bills
1-1 Browns
1-1 Titans
1-1 Chargers
0-2 Jets
0-2 Steelers

Two of those teams are getting into the playoffs.  We had the Bills beaten, they have their tough games late, and their quarterback is dreadful.  Browns are about to go to 1-5.  Chargers are old.  Steelers and Colts lost their franchise quarterbacks.

Listen, we're not competing for a Super Bowl or anything, but we as a team are ready to take a step and grab a wildcard.  Someone is getting the #6 seed at 9-7.  It should be us.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We don't need to.  The AFC isn't that strong right now.  Once you get past NE and KC there is a whole bunch of crap.

2-0 Bills
1-1 Browns
1-1 Titans
1-1 Chargers
0-2 Jets
0-2 Steelers

Two of those teams are getting into the playoffs.  We had the Bills beaten, they have their tough games late, and their quarterback is dreadful.  Browns are about to go to 1-5.  Chargers are old.  Steelers and Colts lost their franchise quarterbacks.

Listen, we're not competing for a Super Bowl or anything, but we as a team are ready to take a step and grab a wildcard.  Someone is getting the #6 seed at 9-7.  It should be us.

SAR I

I agree we will win a bunch of cupcakes second half of the season but we are not making the playoffs especially with Mangini Jr at head coach creating a toxic environment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We don't need to.  The AFC isn't that strong right now.  Once you get past NE and KC there is a whole bunch of crap.

2-0 Bills
1-1 Browns
1-1 Titans
1-1 Chargers
0-2 Jets
0-2 Steelers

Two of those teams are getting into the playoffs.  We had the Bills beaten, they have their tough games late, and their quarterback is dreadful.  Browns are about to go to 1-5.  Chargers are old.  Steelers and Colts lost their franchise quarterbacks.

Listen, we're not competing for a Super Bowl or anything, but we as a team are ready to take a step and grab a wildcard.  Someone is getting the #6 seed at 9-7.  It should be us.

SAR I

You know what’s funny every team you have listen above is looking at the Jets as a stat game and a automatic win for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Same Old said:

I think the post I enjoyed the most was SAR's who stated Jets would be 2-0 if Mosley didn't get injured.  Talk about delusional. Like one person going down changes a great defense to one that bites. News flash, defense is built as a unit and depth is always the deal breaker. 

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying as well. The Bills finally stopped shooting their self in the foot and the better team prevailed. They have a QB who hasn’t done sh*t with a losing record anointed as the great one. I guess he is compared to the hot garbage they have put in the field in the last 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you people out of your minds??? Hahahahahahahahahahaha playoffs???? This team is playing for the number one pick in the draft which they'll screw up and win 3/4 games. This thread is priceless.. please sticky.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Atj21 said:

Are you people out of your minds??? Hahahahahahahahahahaha playoffs???? This team is playing for the number one pick in the draft which they'll screw up and win 3/4 games. This thread is priceless.. please sticky.  

 

C4237FA6-E0A6-432F-AC9E-CA3BABD79E05.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

You know what’s funny every team you have listen above is looking at the Jets as a stat game and a automatic win for them

coltds.jpg

You know what’s funny, that’s what everyone said about the 1-5 Colts last year. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atj21 said:

Are you people out of your minds??? Hahahahahahahahahahaha playoffs???? This team is playing for the number one pick in the draft which they'll screw up and win 3/4 games. This thread is priceless.. please sticky.  

If Darnold and Mosely were healthy the Jets would be 2-0 right now, would be the talk of the league, CJ would be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and people would be talking about Adam Gase as Coach of The Year.

Those of a smart enough to recognize this  also know that Sam and CJ will be 100% at Philadelphia and the schedule gets soft shortly thereafter.

And a glance at the wildcard contenders shows that talent-wise the Jets are right there with them.

9-7 teams lose 7 times.  Doesn’t matter which games they are.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

coltds.jpg

You know what’s funny, that’s what everyone said about the 1-5 Colts last year. 

SAR I

The colts had andrew luck, a great offensive line and a coach who has a clue.   

U really want this prediction on ur resume like 11-5 afc east champs, matt lienart etc,

You are a good poster SAR.  Ur terrible at predictions.  Drop this narrative now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The colts had andrew luck, a great offensive line and a coach who has a clue.   

U really want this prediction on ur resume like 11-5 afc east champs, matt lienart etc,

You are a good poster SAR.  Ur terrible at predictions.  Drop this narrative now.  

Frank Reich, the guy woody took a pass on for Toilet Bowles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

coltds.jpg

You know what’s funny, that’s what everyone said about the 1-5 Colts last year. 

SAR I

Difference the Colts hit on their draft choices, and the Jets didn't.    Just because one team started 1-5 and made the playoffs, means the Jets or another team can do that do. ( the odds are heavily against that).    

Some guy in my neighborhood won the lottery , so that means my chances are good too.  Right about the same odds the Jets having a winning record this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

We don't need to.  The AFC isn't that strong right now.  Once you get past NE and KC there is a whole bunch of crap.

 2-0 Bills
1-1 Browns
1-1 Titans
1-1 Chargers
0-2 Jets
0-2 Steelers

 Two of those teams are getting into the playoffs.  We had the Bills beaten, they have their tough games late, and their quarterback is dreadful.  Browns are about to go to 1-5.  Chargers are old.  Steelers and Colts lost their franchise quarterbacks.

 Listen, we're not competing for a Super Bowl or anything, but we as a team are ready to take a step and grab a wildcard.  Someone is getting the #6 seed at 9-7.  It should be us.

 SAR I

Agreed, the AFC is generally weak.  But look at the other teams schedules and tell me how the Jets finish ahead of all but one of them.  

AFC North: Obviously you're giving the Ravens the win.  Steelers might be finished, but the Browns, while they may lose a bunch of games in the next few weeks, are also poised for a late season up swing. 

AFC West: Obviously we give the Chiefs the win.  But, the Chargers and Raiders are both very much alive, and their greatest deterrent is playing the Chiefs twice, which the Raiders have already gotten one out of the way.  Assume the Broncos are dead.

AFC South: Looks like you're giving the Texans the win there.  But, Titans have a path to 8-3 or 7-4 possible.   Colts have a tougher road it looks like, but too soon to count them out, considering they've been competent w/ Brisset.  Call the Jags dead, I guess.  

AFC East: Pats win.  Look at Buffalo's schedule.  They could get themselves to 10 wins, potentially.  Strong chance they go 3-0 this weekend.  They're looking at 5-1 or 4-2 potential, if they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The colts had andrew luck, a great offensive line and a coach who has a clue.  

The Jets have Sam Darnold, an OL that has been rusty due to lack of preseason playing time, and a coach who was in a 1-4 hole in Miami, bonded his team, and made the playoffs.

55 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are a good poster SAR.  Ur terrible at predictions.  Drop this narrative now.

Thank you for the kind words, but I'm about 80% when I go out on a limb and make a prediction and I feel good about this one.

Why?

Because I see a 2-0 team if our FQB and our FLB didn't get hurt.  I see a D that is surprisingly better than I thought.  I see Le'Veon doing things I didn't think he would be able to do after his time away from the game.  I see passion in the eyes of our players.

Every year there is a team that is disregarded, trashed in the media, embarrasses their fans in the cafeteria,  underperforms early in the season, usually due to injuries or new playbooks.  And then shockingly grabs the #6 seed.  Every year.  This year, it's us. 

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We are beating the Dolphins twice, Bengals, Steelers and Giants

so there ya go 5-11

If we can beat those teams then we can also beat Jacksonville, Oakland, Buffalo, and Washington.  

So there's your 9 wins and the #6 seed.

SAR I

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed, the AFC is generally weak.  But look at the other teams schedules and tell me how the Jets finish ahead of all but one of them.  

AFC North: Obviously you're giving the Ravens the win.  Steelers might be finished, but the Browns, while they may lose a bunch of games in the next few weeks, are also poised for a late season up swing. 

AFC West: Obviously we give the Chiefs the win.  But, the Chargers and Raiders are both very much alive, and their greatest deterrent is playing the Chiefs twice, which the Raiders have already gotten one out of the way.  Assume the Broncos are dead.

AFC South: Looks like you're giving the Texans the win there.  But, Titans have a path to 8-3 or 7-4 possible.   Colts have a tougher road it looks like, but too soon to count them out, considering they've been competent w/ Brisset.  Call the Jags dead, I guess.  

AFC East: Pats win.  Look at Buffalo's schedule.  They could get themselves to 10 wins, potentially.  Strong chance they go 3-0 this weekend.  They're looking at 5-1 or 4-2 potential, if they do.

Good synopsis.  Titans are going to take #5 seed.  The Browns are opening 1-6, been saying that since the summer.  Colts, no Luck.  Steelers, no Ben.  Bills just beat the two worst teams in the NFL, barely, and they come back to Earth soon with the same tough opponents we have.  The Bills draw the Titans on the road, that's a big one for us.  Week 16 as we're beating the Steelers the Patriots are whipping the Bills setting up...

Jets vs. Buffalo Week 17.  Win-and-in for the #6 seed on Sunday Night Football.  And the Jets win it.  Then we lose to the Ravens the next week.

That's how I see it shaking out.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have Sam Darnold, an OL that has been rusty due to lack of preseason playing time, and a coach who was in a 1-4 hole in Miami, bonded his team, and made the playoffs.

Thank you for the kind words, but I'm about 80% when I go out on a limb and make a prediction and I feel good about this one.

Why?

Because I see a 2-0 team if our FQB and our FLB didn't get hurt.  I see a D that is surprisingly better than I thought.  I see Le'Veon doing things I didn't think he would be able to do after his time away from the game.  I see passion in the eyes of our players.

Every year there is a team that is disregarded, trashed in the media, embarrasses their fans in the cafeteria,  underperforms early in the season, usually due to injuries or new playbooks.  And then shockingly grabs the #6 seed.  Every year.  This year, it's us. 

SAR I

Buddy.. you are the Homer of all homers. Again can we please sticky this thread to come back to it over the course of the season. I need the entertainment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Darnold and Mosely were healthy the Jets would be 2-0 right now, would be the talk of the league, CJ would be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and people would be talking about Adam Gase as Coach of The Year.

Those of a smart enough to recognize this  also know that Sam and CJ will be 100% at Philadelphia and the schedule gets soft shortly thereafter.

And a glance at the wildcard contenders shows that talent-wise the Jets are right there with them.

9-7 teams lose 7 times.  Doesn’t matter which games they are.

SAR I

The jets were expected to start the season just like they did. This is a terrible team trying to rebuild. They have no cupcake games on their schedule unlike their opponents. With luck they win 4 maybe 5 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

coltds.jpg

You know what’s funny, that’s what everyone said about the 1-5 Colts last year. 

SAR I

i am with you SAR.  look the Buffalo loss might stop our playoff chances but the kid had mono.  

8-2 last 10 games.  we just need to sneak a win out in the next 4 games.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Same Old said:

The jets were expected to start the season just like they did. This is a terrible team trying to rebuild. They have no cupcake games on their schedule unlike their opponents. With luck they win 4 maybe 5 games. 

i'd love to wager you on this 4 win thing.  i'll take the over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jgb said:

If the Jets make the playoffs, Gase is a slam dunk coach of the year. It would be one of the more incredible stories in the NFL in recent years.

if we make the playoffs is Sam the comeback player of the year? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sept. 23rd..Monday morning. 

Jets are 0-3. 

Thread one: 5 bright spots from.a horrible loss.

Thread two through however  many.: it's the lines fault....we have no star receivers...if the ref would have given us the first down  in the second qtr.. we could have won.....our water and ball boys are the worst in the league, that breeds a losing culture.....I was at the game, 4th string receiver is really fast, why don't they use  him more?

Etc. et al, and so it goes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

if we make the playoffs is Sam the comeback player of the year? 

Oh no.................................................................................he's league MVP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, greasyt said:

Oh no.................................................................................he's league MVP

don't be dreaming.  he's not getting the MVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

don't be dreaming.  he's not getting the MVP.

Very true and the jets are not making the playoffs this season or next,etc,etc. Reasonable target date 2022 or 2023.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Same Old said:

The jets were expected to start the season just like they did. This is a terrible team trying to rebuild. They have no cupcake games on their schedule unlike their opponents. With luck they win 4 maybe 5 games. 

6 days ago you had them at 7 wins.  now with Luck they are getting 4 wins?  

why not take the season off.  fall sunday's are very good.  enjoy yourself.    maybe drive up to buffalo to catch Allen play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Same Old said:

Very true and the jets are not making the playoffs this season or next,etc,etc. Reasonable target date 2022 or 2023.

 

okay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Good synopsis.  Titans are going to take #5 seed.  The Browns are opening 1-6, been saying that since the summer.  Colts, no Luck.  Steelers, no Ben.  Bills just beat the two worst teams in the NFL, barely, and they come back to Earth soon with the same tough opponents we have.  The Bills draw the Titans on the road, that's a big one for us.  Week 16 as we're beating the Steelers the Patriots are whipping the Bills setting up...

Jets vs. Buffalo Week 17.  Win-and-in for the #6 seed on Sunday Night Football.  And the Jets win it.  Then we lose to the Ravens the next week.

That's how I see it shaking out.

SAR I

Dude you just called your team one of the 2 worst teams in the league, but you have them winning 9-10 games. Winning by 14 is not barely winning. Jets are 0-2 at HOME to start the season and Bills are 2-0 on the ROAD. You need to STAY OFF THE WEEEEED MAN!!!!!

By the way dont be surprised if the Jets lose to the Giants. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

Dude you just called your team one of the 2 worst teams in the league, but you have them winning 9-10 games. Winning by 14 is not barely winning. Jets are 0-2 at HOME to start the season and Bills are 2-0 on the ROAD. You need to STAY OFF THE WEEEEED MAN!!!!!

By the way dont be surprised if the Jets lose to the Giants. Just saying.

"Jets lose to the Giants "

  That should surprise no one. Their backup QB is more talented than Sammy. Giants also have a better rb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

6 days ago you had them at 7 wins.  now with Luck they are getting 4 wins?  

why not take the season off.  fall sunday's are very good.  enjoy yourself.    maybe drive up to buffalo to catch Allen play

Blame it on the jets lack luster shellacking handed to them on Monday night. No character, team mails it in after a 1-6 start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Same Old said:

The jets were expected to start the season just like they did. This is a terrible team trying to rebuild. They have no cupcake games on their schedule unlike their opponents. With luck they win 4 maybe 5 games. 

No, they weren't.  They were favored to beat the Bills in Game 1 and would have been favored to beat the Browns in Game 2.

The Jets lost their starting quarterback.  They are getting him back in Week 4. 

Bills suck.  So do you.  Thank you for using up some usernames that I didn't like before you're banned.  Again.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

i am with you SAR.  look the Buffalo loss might stop our playoff chances but the kid had mono.  

8-2 last 10 games.  we just need to sneak a win out in the next 4 games.  

Thanks Batman.  It's ridiculous that fans who had the Jets at 9-7 or 8-8 can't see that:

1.  We won the Bills game.  It's an L, but we had them beat.  Mosely doesn't get hurt, it's a 16-3 victory even with a QB with mono and no kicker, that's how bad the Bills are.

2.  We would have beaten the overhyped Browns if Darnold and Mosely weren't out.  QB3 had us close deep into the 3rd quarter.

3.  We have a very strong defense, the secondary in particular is surprising.  I had the Jets at 11-5 without a D this good.  I'm impressed.

4.  The Jets don't need any miracles.  They just need to turn 0-3 into 7-6 or 6-7 with 3 games to go which is extremely do-able considering the schedule.

5.  We are capable of stealing a game from the Patriots next month and should win either the Eagles or Cowboys game.

Hang in there.  If the forum was bad this week, just imagine what next week is going to look like.

SAR I

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...