80-85%

batman10023

if Sam was really at 80% during the buffalo game  we have a potential FQB.  he wasn't great no doubt but he did okay.
my next year super bowl prediction is still going strong.   we close out the last 10 games this year 7-3 and have great momentum into next year.

At this point, I don’t care about a SB. I just want to see us be competitive. Enough of looking pathetic week in week out. Give me a little hope before a game rather than misery preparation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I think Sam is going to be really good and I'm just hopeful that the Jets are smart with him and not short-sighted.  I have tickets for the game in Philadelphia.  They're saying he could be back by then.  I honestly hope that he isn't rushed and they give him another week or two if necessary.  Let's face it....it's not about this season.  This, unfortunately, needs to be considered yet another rebuilding year....a year to get the program in place, get the new system in place, evaluate just how urgent some of our needs truly are with respect to the OLine, CB and WR positions.

But when it comes to Sam, I honestly have very few doubts he'll become a Top 10 NFL QB at some point in the next couple years.

He ended last year great.  He started this Summer great and looked very ready in Preseason.  He got Mono and played simply average in Week 1.  That game was an anomaly in my opinion.  I just don't know how quickly he snaps back.  As you said, he was at 80-85% in Week 1...but he was heading south and it sounds like he was 50% that Tuesday.  IF he comes back in Week 5 he might still be only 80-85% in terms of strength, conditioning, recovery of lost weight, etc....but that percentage would be increasing as we go forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Jerichoholic said:

At this point, I don’t care about a SB. I just want to see us be competitive. Enough of looking pathetic week in week out. Give me a little hope before a game rather than misery preparation.

Sad part is I feel as if we need a SB for this franchise to reinvigorate fans. I know I would be able to fall asleep easier with one SB in my lifetime.

• Sympathy 1

Sam didn’t look “bad” against Buffalo. He made zero turnover worthy plays against maybe the #1 passing D. In fact, he was the 11th rated QB that week according to pff.

If he hits Anderson at the end he’s looking at 250 with 2TDs and an incredible 2 point play. That’s not to mention the first deep ball to Anderson which was a great pass (you can bitch about it being 6 inches underthrown all you want- that’s a TD 9/10 times). He was unspectacular, average. If that’s what we get from a 22 year old battling mono against a top defense... well that’s fantastic.

just look at how inept our offense looked on Monday. There was zero hope to move the ball. That’s how important Sam is to this team

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Sam didn’t look “bad” against Buffalo. He made zero turnover worthy plays against maybe the #1 passing D. In fact, he was the 11th rated QB that week according to pff.

If he hits Anderson at the end he’s looking at 250 with 2TDs and an incredible 2 point play. That’s not to mention the first deep ball to Anderson which was a great pass (you can bitch about it being 6 inches underthrown all you want- that’s a TD 9/10 times). He was unspectacular, average. If that’s what we get from a 22 year old battling mono against a top defense... well that’s fantastic.

just look at how inept our offense looked on Monday. There was zero hope to move the ball. That’s how important Sam is to this team

If we had a kicker we win that game. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, nico002 said:

There are WRs all over this league that are catching 2 of those throws from Darnold vs the Bills. The 1 in the endzone, and the one along the left sideline that was short & the announcer went crazy exclaiming what a great play the CB made. If Anderson fights back for that ball he probably gets a PI call. We have zero WRs that can fight for 50/50 balls.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jerichoholic said:

Agreed. One point, last years results have absolutely no bearing on the following seasons results, even though the team looks the same. We have seen that time after time so even if they somehow manage to win the last 5-8 games, next year is a totally different animal and has nothing to do with this past year.

41 minutes ago, nico002 said:

this is my point.  he looked okay and yet he had mono.   just one of those long passes hit or our kicker doesn't suck and we win the game.   impressive if you ask me.

Sam didn’t look “bad” against Buffalo. He made zero turnover worthy plays against maybe the #1 passing D. In fact, he was the 11th rated QB that week according to pff

============================

He didn't  look bad because  the Mono story is bull to begin with.

Just now, Hackenberg said:

Sam didn’t look “bad” against Buffalo. He made zero turnover worthy plays against maybe the #1 passing D. In fact, he was the 11th rated QB that week according to pff

Repeat if we had a decent kicker we win that game! 

2 hours ago, Jerichoholic said:

Competitive.  I’d be happy if it wasn’t embarrassing watching the game  

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Ok. So what's the real story then?

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

if, if, if.  not saying sam isn't the real deal but the ifs get a little old.  he's going to be one of the good/great ones but not until the oline gets straightened out and all of the receivers do their jobs and get open.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The 2019 Jets:   They might look like they're actually a professional team for 8/16 games.  

Can't wait for the NFL Films recap.  

are you young enough to root for another team.  i am too old so i can't switch unfortunately.  trying to get my son away from the Jets but he's a sucker like his dad.  

• Sympathy 1