If Joe Douglas is the GM you guys think he is....

14 in Green

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

He's on the phone right now, working feverishly to tear this team down and accumulate every draft pick he can.

Nobody should be safe, except for Sam Darnold. Anyone who can bring back a 4th round or better draft pick should be traded. This team is worse then anyone thought. Adams, Leo, Mosely, Bell, Robbie (and I love these guys)... everyone. Tear it down. This team is 2 or 3 years away from competing for a Super Bowl IF Darnold becomes a FQB, so they have no value to us today. Give Sam a year, two tops to prove he can be the guy, because if he's not, what's the difference? We're going to be bad for even longer, and need even more picks.

Miami already has a jump on us with the way they're going about this season. We need to accumulate as much capital as we can for the '20 draft. There will be a lot of teams looking for QBs, and if we pick in the top 2 or 3 next year, we can trade down with one and accumulate even more picks. The worst case scenario is us finishing with 6 or 7 wins and not being able to trade back with one of those teams.

Get it done JD.

As I stated earlier, I'm still rooting for wins. I think we can overcome adversity and get some W's going for a solid 8-8 season which is what I honestly thought at the beginning. That said, if they felt that it was better to tear it down and begin again, I'm ok with that.  I keep Mosley, Darnold and Bell for sure. 

I like Jamal a lot but if we can get a first during a tear down rebuild, so be it.  If that is the plan then you have to flip the capital you have.  Then JD begins with OL and WR's. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Adams is actually my favorite player on the Jets. I wish we had 10 more with is ability and heart. But given where this team is right now, I'd trade him in a second for a 1st round pick, and make sure with AT LEAST 2 #1 picks we'd then have, I got the best LT and WR in the draft I could.

Maybe... Drafts are a crap shoot... I'd rather stick with a valuable glue player then chance it on a couple of rookies. Although I think JD will be better at drafting then the bag of chips Mac was but still they are not going to hit 100% and although his value isn't appreciated here in this forum... I'd rather him stick with a known quantity.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

Look at the 2009 and 2010 Jets AFCCG Rosters.  The defense was different, but rather than Jamal Adams the Jets had Jim Leonhard.

I would rather have Jim Leonhard and make the AFFCG.  

Love this comment. Leonhard was amazing. He has made more game changing plays than that loud mouth of a safety we have had. It sucks our backup safeties aren't even decent enough to replace that loudmouth. He's good at playing different roles, but is not great at one role. Why draft a box safety at 6. We could have gotten Hooker man.

• Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Start with getting rid of Trumaine Johnson and trading big mouth no production, getting outrun by Alex Smith "Self Prick anointed Prez" Adams. He is so annoying to watch. He is a prima-dona like his buddy Beckum, Landry. All about them, and how great they are.

Act like you been there before, oops I am sorry you are all losers. You never won before. They really bring the winning culture to the locker room. These players will never lead you to the superbowl. Ray Lewis is the last loudmouth I remember that lead his team to the superbowl. It might have been Ed Reed who led them or someone else.

Sadly, you are right we wont attract any free agents to sign with us. We need to draft our players.

I'm down to trade Adams for a 1st.

We can't cut Trumaine this year, nor is anyone trading for his awful contract.  The earliest we can cut him is after June 1, 2020.

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Outside of Mosley, the entire D is up for sale. I'm not getting rid of anyone on O though. None of them will fetch real value in next year's draft, but they all have value this season in helping us see what Sam can become.

If someone wanted to offer up a 2nd rounder for Robby Anderson, I'd consider it.

Let one of the young guys on the PS get promoted and roll with Crowder, Herndon, Bell, and the young receivers.  

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Adams is actually my favorite player on the Jets. I wish we had 10 more with is ability and heart. But given where this team is right now, I'd trade him in a second for a 1st round pick, and make sure with the at the very LEAST 2 #1 picks we'd then have, I got the best LT and WR in the draft I could.

That's how you help Darnold develop.

EDIT

BTW I only buttfumbled your post because for some reason you BFed my OP, which I just realized. If I knew you played that game, I'd never have given you the courtesy of a response.

Yeah Jamal has definitely lead us to the playoffs with his game breaking plays. Only Jet fans can get excited over a loudmouth, no game breaking player like Jamal. He's a good jack of all trade player but nothing special to warrant a big deal. I hope he gets run over by a running back so he can stfu for once. I don't mind players talking, but only if they can carry their team to the playoffs or make game changing plays. Players like Jamal and Leonard only talk.  There are a lot of UDFA safeties who would give you the energy, effort that Jamal does. He's a box safety limited on speed. He's a good role player. Play him against someone who runs good routs and hes toast. He hypes himself up so much he over runs plays or gets pack caked by O-Linemen or takes horrible angles allowing players to run past by him. Ask how great he is to Alex Smith.... oh that's right he ran passed Jamal 70 yards down the field.

The amount of support he gets from his fanboys is amazing for a guy who got to the probowl not based on interceptions but publicity, and tackles and sacks.

Since he's so great. Maybe he can add a few pounds and rush the QB like an OLB. We haven't had an edge rusher in over a decade. Jim Leonard, Kerry Rhodes, Ed Reed, Dwight Lowry have made more plays in their short stints than Jamal Adams. Jamal is annoying talks way too much for what little he has done in his career so far. You know that you and I have 1 fewer interception than he does in his career. 3 Years 1 interception. That is the same as Mo Wilkerson, Leonard Williams and Sheldon Richardson. He is a safety out there in coverage. He should by mistake have at least one.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, ItsTheSameOldJets said:

I hope that what he’s doing, but he is most likely aimlessly walking alrund the campus. I just feel that there is no pressure from the Jets brasses build a contending product. 

Only silver lining for me is Joes, championship winning record.

giphy.gif.28df5728d56ed619b2964fc412bb3fa0.gif

Leo - time to trade him for picks was 6 months ago

trumaine - we couldn’t get a cup of warm piss for him in a trade

Robby - he’s our best wr still by far and won’t get us better than a 3rd at this point.  Better off extending

Unless you want to trade Bell or CJ Mosely no one is giving us significant draft picks

45 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sorry buddy no way all those guys are a "core". Montgomery is meh, Edoga hasn't even suited up, Roberts,Hairston, Ficken, Edwards are bottom feeders, the rest with the exception of Darnold, Bell, and Adams are either unproven or jags who fill out a depth chart.

I disagree and i'm not sorry. There are NFL superstars and there are core players not all players are superstar stardom they are supporting cast players. We do have a roster full of JAG's that I will agree I say it all the time if not on the NY Jets roster not in the NFL. We cannot tear down everything over and over its not working here.......50 years and counting. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If someone wanted to offer up a 2nd rounder for Robby Anderson, I'd consider it.

Let one of the young guys on the PS get promoted and roll with Crowder, Herndon, Bell, and the young receivers.  

I'd consider a 2nd for Robby too, but I just think there's no way anyone's giving up a 2nd for a deep threat who's going to be a UFA in 14 games.

1 hour ago, EdReed22 said:

JD is by far the best GM we have had in a long time. I like the fact that he is making moves. Risk and Reward types. His only mistakes so far in my view have been signing Kalil and trading for D. Thomas. Both are old and over the hill. They are way too injured and their bodies are breaking down.

The two players I would trade that have some value are Adams and Williams. We need to restart. Our best draftpick this year has been Cashman. Our best players play middle linebacker and then our entire offense has one player I would keep in Bell. If Darnold cant throw deep consistently and accurately. I think he will have defenses scheming him like they did to Chad Pennington.

We need to go into next years free agency heavily focused on adding young 24-26 year old talent and not banking on players like Trumaine Johnson likes. More Like Bell and Mosley likes. If they have game breaking talent sign them. Don't sign slugs like Williams Adams, etc. who are good players at the best to top 5 position players. Only sign players to big deals if they have a history of making game changing plays. Dwignt Effing Lowry has more interceptions and made more game changing plays than Adams in his short stint with the Jets. The Position a players plays on defense doesn't matter. Big time players make big time plays in big moments. Adams, Leonard have not, nor anyone else other than Mosley on Defense.

The JD you are talking about is the JD who runs the Rangers I hope. HE made some great moves (Panerin, Kakko, resigning Trouba), and the Rangers as a whole, are doing things correctly as the Jets should!

Joe Douglas, the other JD, has done jack squat besides signing a done Ryan Kalil and trading a draft pick to the dynasty for a broken down, finished WR. Hate to be negative as Douglas is new here, but all of this complimentary talk about him is kind of funny to me for a guy who just got here and so far has unimpressed.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

He's on the phone right now, working feverishly to tear this team down and accumulate every draft pick he can.

Nobody should be safe, except for Sam Darnold. Anyone who can bring back a 4th round or better draft pick should be traded. This team is worse then anyone thought. Adams, Leo, Mosely, Bell, Robbie (and I love these guys)... everyone. Tear it down. This team is 2 or 3 years away from competing for a Super Bowl IF Darnold becomes a FQB, so they have no value to us today. Give Sam a year, two tops to prove he can be the guy, because if he's not, what's the difference? We're going to be bad for even longer, and need even more picks.

Miami already has a jump on us with the way they're going about this season. We need to accumulate as much capital as we can for the '20 draft. There will be a lot of teams looking for QBs, and if we pick in the top 2 or 3 next year, we can trade down with one and accumulate even more picks. The worst case scenario is us finishing with 6 or 7 wins and not being able to trade back with one of those teams.

Get it done JD.

HOly sh*t this stupid mentality has to stop.

The LAST Thing Joe Douglas should be doing is panicking, listening to arm-chair GM's and start running off half-cocked.  This season is a write-off, and always was.  Mac and Idzik left this team BEREFT of talent thanks to 7 years of bad drafting.  Douglas needs about half a season to see what he has talent wise, see who is worth giving money to, see who is worthy of depth roles, starter roles, and where free agent money needs to be spent and where drafting needs to focus.

I thought firing Mac after two years was a ridiculous idea (although turning out to be true) after firing the previous GM after two years.  It takes time to build a franchise.  But some of you guys are calling out Joe Douglas after 3 months on the job without having a draft or an FA period under his belt.

11 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

The JD you are talking about is the JD who runs the Rangers I hope. HE made some great moves (Panerin, Kakko, resigning Trouba), and the Rangers as a whole, are doing things correctly as the Jets should!

Joe Douglas, the other JD, has done jack squat besides signing a done Ryan Kalil and trading a draft pick to the dynasty for a broken down, finished WR. Hate to be negative as Douglas is new here, but all of this complimentary talk about him is kind of funny to me for a guy who just got here and so far has unimpressed.

I'm not going to lie, even though I started this thread, I feel exactly the same as you do about Douglas so far.  Hence the title ...if he's the GM "you guys" think he is. 

and one more thing. LET'S GO RANGERS!!!! I'm loving the job Davidson is doing.

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not going to lie, even though I started this thread, I feel exactly the same as you do about Douglas so far.  Hence the title ...if he's the GM "you guys" think he is. 

None of us know what he is yet, unfortunately.  Even if he was an excellent scout or Assistant GM that doesn't mean he'll be a good GM.  But we really have to assume he's going to be good, otherwise there's no real point in watching this team for a long time. 

If Douglas is a bad GM that means the Johnson's have to make another GM hire all over again 4-5 years from now, and we know what that's resulted in the previous 4 times they've made that hire:  Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik, Maccagnan.  A quartet of suck.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

The LAST Thing Joe Douglas should be doing is panicking, listening to arm-chair GM's and start running off half-cocked.  This season is a write-off, and always was.  Mac and Idzik left this team BEREFT of talent thanks to 7 years of bad drafting.  Douglas needs about half a season to see what he has talent wise, see who is worth giving money to, see who is worthy of depth roles, starter roles, and where free agent money needs to be spent and where drafting needs to focus.

I thought firing Mac after two years was a ridiculous idea (although turning out to be true) after firing the previous GM after two years.  It takes time to build a franchise.  But some of you guys are calling out Joe Douglas after 3 months on the job without having a draft or an FA period under his belt.

Nice. Now go back, read my post again. Slowly.

Nowhere in it did I "call Douglas out", LOL. If anything I was doing the opposite. Saying you trust someone to turn over a roster isn't calling them out.

Good rant though. Hope you feel better now. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Without Anderson and McClendon our DL sucks. 

The newer guys that we have picked up have been more visible than either of these guys.  We seem to have a half dozne of the exact same type of player, keep the young hungry guys, trade guys that may have value.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How about adding Jalen Ramsey to the mix with Jamal Adams. Id give up 2020 #1 pick for Jalen Ramsey 

Jets are gonna pick in the top 5 you can’t give away the 2020 1st round pick unless your getting a DeAndre Hopkins, Khalil Mack, or insert best OT.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why not add-on and build this team?  Trade away the players like LW and QW who are easily replaced.   We could acquire some really good players via trades here and now, give up the draft picks who cares we usually stink at drafting anyway. How many GM's have tried to turn that all around and have failed. 

Add some good pieces to the core of this team and we are a good team.  

The glaring needs are quite evident OL,CB,#1 WR and WR's,Edge rusher. 

If not we need 2-3 years of solid drafting getting 3-4 decent starters a year before anything good happens. 

right.  the point is that they need to have all of the players peaking or near peak at the same time.  right now, with the current situation, i'm concerned about wasting the talents of guys like bell and mosley.  but i certainly can see this as a reason to trade away guys like leo  or even adams if they can get good value.  a couple of really good drafts will go a long way to making this team really good.  the way all those young secondary guys played is proof enough where the talent going forward needs to come from.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Get it done JD.

Ypu know, there is this thing called a salary cap in the NFL. I really haven't  looked at it but I'm pretty sure there would be a ton of dead money  from trading all these players. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

One huge problem with your pipe dream. You can’t trade free agents with the contracts we’ve given out. That whole fire sale idea only works when you’ve got rookie type players who haven’t had their big contract. 

49 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You can't  deny that the moves he has made have left a lot to be desired

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ypu know, there is this thing called a salary cap in the NFL. I really haven't  looked at it but I'm pretty sure there would be a ton of dead money  from trading all these players. 

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

One huge problem with your pipe dream. You can’t trade free agents with the contracts we’ve given out. That whole fire sale idea only works when you’ve got rookie type players who haven’t had their big contract. 

Was it the guy in my avatar who used to say "Curses! Foiled Again!!!"?

If so, I feel like him right now. ](*,)

Alright then, pack your bags Jamal, Leo, and Maye. You're outta here!