If Joe Douglas is the GM you guys think he is....

14 in Green

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When the head coach hires the gm, the gm is a puppet.  This is adam gases team and all moves made are gase moves.  Joe D is a puppet.

I totally disagree with this. Joe D is more inclined to support Gase but he is not a Gase puppet. 

this ain't high school. (though they play like it is)

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Your whole argument is Janikowski was not interested in taking a job with the Jets? Why? Why would he not want to sign for a couple of million or even the Vet Minimum  which is over 600k? It's  an easy gig. The number 1 reason players retire is they want to relax. Janikowski relaxed for 19 years being a K. Have you seen him? Not exactly a Greek statue.  

Let's  just disagree.  Your position to me is ludicrous bit a team that was able to sign Mosley, Bell, Crowder, Williamson,  among others is not able to sign an old retired K. Makes perfect sense. 

1) Maybe he called him....

and 2)

RETIRED!

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

1) Maybe he called him....

and 2)

RETIRED!

I said forget about Janikowski

Was Ficken retired? He was available.

You know what, I find people like you stunning. Let me ask you this. Had Mac still been here and brought in Vedvik to be the K, would you be defending this move the same way, that Vedvik was a highly thought of K and it was worth a shot because there was nothing else or would you be crucifying  him for bringing  in a piece of garbage?

On 9/18/2019 at 1:33 PM, 14 in Green said:

He's on the phone right now, working feverishly to tear this team down and accumulate every draft pick he can.

Nobody should be safe, except for Sam Darnold. Anyone who can bring back a 4th round or better draft pick should be traded. This team is worse then anyone thought. Adams, Leo, Mosely, Bell, Robbie (and I love these guys)... everyone. Tear it down. This team is 2 or 3 years away from competing for a Super Bowl IF Darnold becomes a FQB, so they have no value to us today. Give Sam a year, two tops to prove he can be the guy, because if he's not, what's the difference? We're going to be bad for even longer, and need even more picks.

Miami already has a jump on us with the way they're going about this season. We need to accumulate as much capital as we can for the '20 draft. There will be a lot of teams looking for QBs, and if we pick in the top 2 or 3 next year, we can trade down with one and accumulate even more picks. The worst case scenario is us finishing with 6 or 7 wins and not being able to trade back with one of those teams.

Get it done JD.

So you think we should go into full rebuild mode because we suited up a sick Darnold and a 3rd string QB in game 2?

A team devoid of talent will tell us what about Darnold?  The HC?  When we at least have some talent to build around?  No

Once again, this is why fans aren't hired to be anyone's GM.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When the head coach hires the gm, the gm is a puppet.  This is adam gases team and all moves made are gase moves.  Joe D is a puppet.

Yeah, that's what's happening here.  

JD is a puppet.  You know how we can tell, he has a longer contract than Gase.  That's the give away.  ?

• Upvote 1