Taco Bell (Cowboys waive Charlton)

Dcat

Dallas waived Taco.  We have nothing to lose. Tremendous competition for him there.  Not here.  Sign him JD.  Plus we can have a brand new 2019 theme of Taco Bell.  Gase kind of looks like a chihuahua anyway.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/09/18/dallas-cowboys-taco-charlton-waived-first-round-pick/2364593001/

And, like every year, I completely forget how waivers works.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Dallas released Taco.  We have nothing to lose. Tremendous competetion for him there.  Not here.  Sign him JD.  Plus we can have a brand new 2019 theme of Taco Bell.  Gase kind of looks like a chihuahua anyway.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-release-taco-charlton-after-the-2017-first-round-pick-issues-demand-to-part-ways/

We should absolutely sign him.  Without question. Cut whoever and sign him.  

He's a pass rusher.  Think about him as the Polite project without the showing up late and sleeping in the classroom. 

SIGN HIM!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Dear Jets,

This season is almost lost.  Sign this guy and develop him.  Give us something to watch please.  Especially those of us who spend a lot of money on this moribund franchise.  I'd even forgive you for the ridiculous donation you made to the New England Patriots 2020 draft.  Well at least it didn't take long for Belichick to figure out how to outsmart Joe Douglas and Gase.

• Upvote 1

I get why people want to take a shot on this kid, but I don't see it happening.  Sounds like exactly the kind of guy Joe Douglas does not want.  Underachiever with questioned toughness.  Athletic traits, not production.  I get people thinking he was beaten out by Demarcus Lawrence and Quinn, but he was inactive while Kerry Hyder was leading the Cowboys in snaps.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Dallas waived Taco.  We have nothing to lose. Tremendous competition for him there.  Not here.  Sign him JD.  Plus we can have a brand new 2019 theme of Taco Bell.  Gase kind of looks like a chihuahua anyway.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/09/18/dallas-cowboys-taco-charlton-waived-first-round-pick/2364593001/

And, like every year, I completely forget how waivers works.  

We still are #3 in the claim order..I think after week 4 or 5 it goes to current season record. So only AZ & SF can claim him before Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sounds like exactly the kind of guy Joe Douglas does not want. 

Joe Douglas needs to bring in guys that will win games for the NY Jets.

Everyone says it this point in the season what do you want him to do here's an opportunity to take a risk and hopefully get a reward. 

47 minutes ago, Drums said:

I’ve never seen him play and he hasn’t played at all this year. Anyone have an opinion of him from actually watching him play?

According to my friends who are Cowboy fans, dude had a tremendous preseason - just too many bodies in Dallas to keep him.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I get why people want to take a shot on this kid, but I don't see it happening.  Sounds like exactly the kind of guy Joe Douglas does not want.  Underachiever with questioned toughness.  Athletic traits, not production.  I get people thinking he was beaten out by Demarcus Lawrence and Quinn, but he was inactive while Kerry Hyder was leading the Cowboys in snaps.  

Putrid numbers for an edge rusher, too

2F8948AC-C02C-4F44-816A-7BF51AE860EE.png