Jump to content
Dcat

Taco Bell (Cowboys waive Charlton)

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, peebag said:

According to my friends who are Cowboy fans, dude had a tremendous preseason - just too many bodies in Dallas to keep him.

rockos modern life drool GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The12th Man said:

So google the words “Dallas” and “Taco” and see what comes up. Just a thought. 

20190918_192118.thumb.jpg.d8dfbfeb4e1c248422e063e96da5b84c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

Wiaver priority is reset after week 3 -- so we still pick 3rd.

Good call

 

Mike Tannenbaum (@RealTannenbaum)

9/18/19, 5:14 PM

With Taco Charlton getting cut, expect him to get claimed, Arizona is on the clock, the claim order is the draft order for the first 3 weeks of the season.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dear Jets,
This season is almost lost.  Sign this guy and develop him.  Give us something to watch please.  Especially those of us who spend a lot of money on this moribund franchise.  I'd even forgive you for the ridiculous donation you made to the New England Patriots 2020 draft.  Well at least it didn't take long for Belichick to figure out how to outsmart Joe Douglas and Gase.

Important point in your jest.

After all these years with all of the morons weve had at GM the first one to get taken for a ride by bellichik is the guy we are hoping is the first real GM we’ve ever had in JD.

That, coupled with the kicker fiasco, and he’s not off to the best start here. The Alex Lewis and Hairston trades weigh it out a bit but the “donation to the pats 2021 draft” is something I hate to see.

I hate it!


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  understand the thought process here. He is an underachiever with an attitude. For Christ sake, he should be happy he wasn't  released  outright and out of the NFL which is a likely result. This would be great, Vidvek, Kalil, Thomas, and now this guy. 

nothing to lose and it doesn't cost a pick.  Sometimes a change of scenery works.  More often it doesnt.  Nothing to lose.  So why not?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No reason not to claim him... But ARZ is first in line. I bet they claim him

Looking at their depth chart, I would be surprised if they didn't claim him. They've listed Jones as the SAM linebacker and Suggs as their WILL linebacker, so they're using their linebackers to rush the QB. Adding a third pass rusher off the line would help and you'd think that Charlton could challenge Zach Allen or Rodney Gunter for snaps, especially on passing downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

nothing to lose and it doesn't cost a pick.  Sometimes a change of scenery works.  More often it doesnt.  Nothing to lose.  So why not?

I wouldn't  bother. The Cowboys spent a ton of draft capital  on this guy only two years ago and he not only didn't  play this year, they didn't  even dress him. We already have Johnson and Kalil taking up space (actually if Kalil could take up space, it would be a good thing), we don't  need more players that can't  play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

nothing to lose and it doesn't cost a pick.  Sometimes a change of scenery works.  More often it doesnt.  Nothing to lose.  So why not?

Since he is on waivers, if someone claims him they will also be taking on a former first round pick salary. I still see him getting claimed since it's not a huge deal breaker as he's basically a week to week contract but if he passes through waivers you'll know why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SIGN THIS BEAST

Ehh, not so sure about this.  When you go out for tacos, who gets only one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Dear Jets,

This season is almost lost.  Sign this guy and develop him.  Give us something to watch please.  Especially those of us who spend a lot of money on this moribund franchise.  I'd even forgive you for the ridiculous donation you made to the New England Patriots 2020 draft.  Well at least it didn't take long for Belichick to figure out how to outsmart Joe Douglas and Gase.

Dear SOJF,

The season is not lost, it’s two weeks, even if we start 0-3, Darnold comes back after bye, we have plenty of time to make a run, this is a good team that is just broken with untimely injuries at a point in the season where schedule is tough and it’s a new system on both sides.

Step away from the ledge, put away your chicken little suits, and stop ******* whining!!!

Oh and JD, sign Taco anyway, continue to add talent, evaluate, develop!

Go Jets!

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Putrid numbers for an edge rusher, too

 

2F8948AC-C02C-4F44-816A-7BF51AE860EE.png

Then in that case he’d fit right in here. Sign this burrito 🌯 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Taco Charlton needs to be signed. He is better than a lot of our D-Linemen. He needs to be developed. I think he is really tall at 6'7". He can block field goals for us.

Too Tall Taco 🌮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Dear SOJF,

The season is not lost, it’s two weeks, even if we start 0-3, Darnold comes back after bye, we have plenty of time to make a run, this is a good team that is just broken with untimely injuries at a point in the season where schedule is tough and it’s a new system on both sides.

Step away from the ledge, put away your chicken little suits, and stop ******* whining!!!

Oh and JD, sign Taco anyway, continue to add talent, evaluate, develop!

Go Jets!

Dear RayRay,

GFY.  Just like everyone tells you on every message board.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Dear Jets,

This season is almost lost.  Sign this guy and develop him.  Give us something to watch please.  Especially those of us who spend a lot of money on this moribund franchise.  I'd even forgive you for the ridiculous donation you made to the New England Patriots 2020 draft.  Well at least it didn't take long for Belichick to figure out how to outsmart Joe Douglas and Gase.

He was not good at all in Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

He was not good at all in Dallas.

so?  Nothing to lose.  Salary is irrelevant.  Doesn't cost picks.  Maybe he was poorly treated or poorly coached there... you have no idea what happened. Neither do I.  And don't forget thaey went out and signed Quinn, so it's not like Taco was needed any more so why bother trying to develop him.  THe Jets situation is totally the opposite.  So give it a go.   Main point that you ignore: There is No Risk. If he continues to suck, you cut him.  No biggie.  It's not like you invested a 1st rounder for him or gave him a ridiculous contract like Trumaine's.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Why?

A team w talent cuts a bum... 

Team w less talent signs bum

Sound familiar?

ok so lets just wait until the next draft to try to do at least something to correct the Polite blunder.  Lets do nothing.  THat's your suggestion?  

There's no risk or liability putting in a claim for him. If he sucks after multiple weeks here... cya Taco.. have a nice time in the CFL.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

ok so lets just wait until the next draft to try to do at least something to correct the Polite blunder.  Lets do nothing.  THat's your suggestion?  

There's no risk or liability putting in a claim for him. If he sucks after multiple weeks here... cya Taco.. have a nice time in the CFL.

There’s a reason he was flat out cut.... you could be right but I’d say 99.9997% chance he amounts to nothing 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see how this is going to go:

1) We claim him: WHY DID WE CLAIM THIS LOSER!  FIRE DOUGLAS

2) We don't claim him: WHY DIDN'T WE CLAIM THIS FUTURE HOF!  FIRE DOUGLAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I can see how this is going to go:

1) We claim him: WHY DID WE CLAIM THIS LOSER!  FIRE DOUGLAS

2) We don't claim him: WHY DIDN'T WE CLAIM THIS FUTURE HOF!  FIRE DOUGLAS

We claim him. He’s great. How dare Douglas change the culture of this team. FIRE DOUGLAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titan24 said:

There’s a reason he was flat out cut.... you could be right but I’d say 99.9997% chance he amounts to nothing 

 

so?  Nothing to lose.  What's your problem with putting in a claim?  Why is it a big deal to put in a claim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

so?  Nothing to lose.  Salary is irrelevant.  Doesn't cost picks.  Maybe he was poorly treated or poorly coached there... you have no idea what happened. Neither do I.  And don't forget thaey went out and signed Quinn, so it's not like Taco was needed any more so why bother trying to develop him.  THe Jets situation is totally the opposite.  So give it a go.   Main point that you ignore: There is No Risk. If he continues to suck, you cut him.  No biggie.  It's not like you invested a 1st rounder for him or gave him a ridiculous contract like Trumaine's.

Since I live in Dallas all I heard was he was a bust.  I'm fine with bringing him in, but I don't think anyone really wants him.  The Cowboys overreached when they drafted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks very Jetsy, a slow and un-athletic OLB that under performs, is just up our alley.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Arlington Texas.  They changed his nickname to “soft taco”.  He just isn’t very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Dear RayRay,

GFY.  Just like everyone tells you on every message board.

Oh, so this is now acceptable behavior again on a message board.  Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsRay said:

Oh, so this is now acceptable behavior again on a message board.  Good to know.

For you, absolutely.  If the shoe fits homer RayRay, if the shoe fits.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...