Cowherd: Gase and Williams can’t stand each other

nico002

57 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Adam Gase. However, Beachum and Winters should been benched also. Gase benched Adams and Johnson for their crappy play.

We don’t know but perhaps Kalhil was screwing up the line calls. 

And im not saying Beachum and winters are pro bowlers. They won’t be here next yr. Pretty sure Jets don’t have anyone better than Beachum at the moment. Edoga was inactive. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Bears won the SB. 

Its still a non-story. I’d guess every team has coaches that don’t like each other. It’s just normal. Doesn’t mean they can’t do their jobs. 

True. There are lots of instances of workplaces in many different fields where people who don't like and barely tolerate each other can work together successfully. All that crap you hear at the end of championship teams loving each other is nonsense added by sportswriters at the end. Some people in that room thinks some other people in that room are a-holes. We have never heard of the stirring speeches or great chemistry of losing teams because nobody cares afterward. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if joe Douglas would have the gumption to let Gase go after 1 season should the team implode. Obviously they are friends and I do believe that Gase was instrumental in getting JD on CJ’s radar.

I would think there would at least be some trepidation with a decision like that but I wonder.

Let’s say the offense just continues to be inept and no matter the injuries or personnel can not score points or make adjustments. A
Let’s add that the Gase loses some of the respect of the players. Do you guys think JD would be able to pull the trigger on a move like that?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Hear me out before you jump down my throat... Let's get our heads out of our asses and think of the ramifications of something like this... Say Gase really is terrible and needs to go mid season... 

Then what ?‍♂️... You stunt Darnold's growth... Make him learn a 3rd system in 3 years... 

But even more short term... Who coaches OFF... Jets don't have an OC. And in reality loggins goes too. So now you lose a HC an OC and have to find another play caller 3 weeks into a season... Let's be real... Gase is not getting fired... Period stop. If it happens it's going to be 2 years from now. 

I am just being real... Like it or not this the Jets coach for at least this year and next... If anything goes wrong Williams would be fired... But that won't happen either... 

Let's not live in a bubble thinking that you can just fire a coach 9 months after he was hired and 4 months after they brought in his friend to GM... I Appreciate reading these threads but I am just being real... 

Carry on!!! Williams punching ? Gase or something like that... 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Is this anywhere to listen to?? Can’t find anything anywhe

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I wonder if joe Douglas would have the gumption to let Gase go after 1 season should the team implode. Obviously they are friends and I do believe that Gase was instrumental in getting JD on CJ’s radar.

I would think there would at least be some trepidation with a decision like that but I wonder.

Let’s say the offense just continues to be inept and no matter the injuries or personnel can not score points or make adjustments. A
Let’s add that the Gase loses some of the respect of the players. Do you guys think JD would be able to pull the trigger on a move like that?

No chance... Gase is here for at least 2 seasons... sh*t they gave Bowles 4.... And in the end these are not Gase's personel or JDs so players go first...

1 hour ago, rldev said:

According to reports, it was Gase that sat Adams.

Well Gase himself said he did lol. 

He’s right with what he said, Adams was getting out of control at the end of the game because he was frustrated and getting into scuffles with guys on the Browns. Players and coaches had to keeping talking him down on the sidelines.  Gase did the right thing to pull him before something happened. 

I would think the same unless it’s a complete dumpster fire. 11 pts in two games even with the injuries is terrible. I don’t blame Gase 100% but not having a TE next to Beachum all game raises an eyebrow.

I just wonder if JD could do it if that were the case.
  • Upvote 1

Hear me out before you jump down my throat... Let's get our heads out of our asses and think of the ramifications of something like this... Say Gase really is terrible and needs to go mid season... 

Then what ?‍♂️... You stunt Darnold's growth... Make him learn a 3rd system in 3 years... 

But even more short term... Who coaches OFF... Jets don't have an OC. And in reality loggins goes too. So now you lose a HC an OC and have to find another play caller 3 weeks into a season... Let's be real... Gase is not getting fired... Period stop. If it happens it's going to be 2 years from now. 

I am just being real... Like it or not this the Jets coach for at least this year and next... If anything goes wrong Williams would be fired... But that won't happen either... 

Let's not live in a bubble thinking that you can just fire a coach 9 months after he was hired and 4 months after they brought in his friend to GM... I Appreciate reading these threads but I am just being real... 

Carry on!!! Williams punching Gase of something like that... 

Jim bob cooter was an OC for a few years so your point is moot at least from that angle. The offensive staff is actually pretty strong.

And just to be clear from my end, I’m not even for any of that and am not one of the guys calling for peoples heads or anything like that. My point is just to ponder the idea.

I don’t know where cowherd got this nugget and don’t really buy into it all that much. Gase and Williams seem to be ok from where I’m standing But I could see Williams not being happy with the offensive production. Hell, his D scored 8 pts week one and got 4 turnovers and we still lost. They came out and played very hard Monday night and still lost. I could understand frustration

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Jim bob cooter was an OC for a few years so your point is moot at least from that angle. The offensive staff is actually pretty strong.

And just to be clear fro my end, I’m not even for any of that and am not one of the guys calling for peoples heads or anything like that. My point is just to ponder the idea.

I don’t know where cowherd got this nugget and don’t really buy into it all that much. Gase and Williams seem to be ok from where I’m staffing. But I could see Williams not being happy with the offensive production. Hell, his D scored 8 pts week one and got 4 turnovers and we still lost. They came out and played very hard Monday night and still lost. I could understand frustration

Forgot about 'the Cooter' ... Ok.. Good Point, Carry on... Fire Gase 2 Games in, since the Jets don't even really need to play the games any longer, since their fan base has deemed this a lost season...

And why evaluate a OC/HC with a full squad... Let's measure his success after the first game of the season where his QB and WR clearly missed a few opportunities that would have broke the game open while he was sick with a disease that causes fatigue and he was clearly under throwing Robby... And a game with a 2nd and a 3rd string QB... That seems like a fair evaluation... 

FIRE GASE!!! 

FIRE GASE!!!! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Forgot about 'the Cooter' ... Ok.. Good Point Carry on... Fire Gase 2 Games in since the Jets don't even really need to play the games any longer since their fan base has deemed this a lost season... And why evaluate a OC/HC with a full squad... Let's measure his success after the first game of the season where his QB and WR clearly missed a few opportunities that would have broke the game open while he was sick with a disease that causes fatigue and he was clearly under throwing Robby... And a game with a 2nd and a 3rd string QB... That seems like a fair evaluation... 

FIRE GASE!!! 
FIRE GASE!!!! 

Funny. That’s almost exactly what I wrote a week ago somewhere around here. lol.

I actually feel the same way. I’m not one on the fire anyone bandwagon. Just thinking due to the thread convo. I was in a discussion earlier on why I broke the Jets were gonna best the pats this week.

I was a bit disappointed with the adjustments to the browns pass rush but the offense certainly got better as the game went on. I look for Falk to play well and for Bell to be a man possessed.

Fire Gase!
Draft a qb !!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

Call me when this is something other than unsubstantiated bs

Even if it wasn’t Gase has been awful.  Vanilla check down playcalling, bad decisions, and it’s only a matter of time before players revolt — he’s a dumber Mangini

Fire Gase, promote Williams to HC and Douglas needs to go to replace him with Scott McCloughan or see if Jimmy Johnson wants a GM job I’d let Jimmy work from Miami if he wanted to 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Williams has the balls to bench players not performing. Gase on the other hand doesn't. I hope to see Williams become the HC of this team within the next couple of weeks.

Only question, who will coach the offense?

Starting to feel bad for Sam tbh. What an awful situation to wind up in.

Not sure why this would be so surprising to some.

Williams and Todd Haley supposedly couldn’t stand each other early last season on the Browns. Two headstrong personalities on opposite ends of the ball.

It’s basically the same situation with Williams and Gase.

As long as they aren’t trading blows or intentionally trying to screw one another, I don’t think it’s a major issue. They don’t have to be best of buddies. I’m sure we all have people that we work with that we don’t necessarily like.

And Gregg Williams has always been out the door within 2-3 years of wherever he’s been.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

This isnt Gase. It's ownership. Constantly pushing arranged marriages coupled with crap rosters is never going to work. Who is in charge? Where did Joe Douglas go? Has anyone seen him? Is he at the games?

The real problem with the jets like the Knicks is incompetent ownership that meddles

I do think however they accidentally made the right move hiring Williams now it’s time to promote him and let Gase go throw tantrums on a golf course

• Thumb Down 1