Cowherd: Gase and Williams can’t stand each other

nico002

This is what you get when you force assistants on a brand new head coaching hire.

And on top of it we let the brand new 1st year head coach basically hire his boss.

The jets never do things the right way it's always a mess. always has been always will be.

2 games in and the nightmare continues 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

This is what you get when you force assistants on a brand new head coaching hire.

And on top of it we let the brand new 1st year head coach basically hire his boss.

The jets never do things the right way it's always a mess. always has been always will be.

2 games in and the nightmare continues 

Gase looks like a more inept Mangini 

I’m glad the Johnsons accidentally made a correct move and put Williams on the staff the obvious and right move is to make him HC

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Williams has the balls to bench players not performing. Gase on the other hand doesn't. I hope to see Williams become the HC of this team within the next couple of weeks.

Please no. You can criticize Gase for a million things. But calling him soft with the players isn't his rep at all.

• Upvote 1

Just about the entire D on the 69 Jets hated namath’s guts. I mean they wouldn’t even piss on him if he was on fire. But, so what! They may have played on the same team but they really didn’t work together. 

I don’t doubt that Williams and Gase aren’t pal around buddies. I’m sure neither cares because neither is a normal human being. Gase is on the spectrum and williams is a sociopath, but that’s ok. So long as williams accepts that gase is HC and gets final say, they’re fine because, for the most part, while they coach the same team, they don’t really work together.

• Upvote 2

Gase and Williams was definitely an arranged marriage, and that can be traced back to the Rhule stuff and the initial hiring. I dont doubt there is friction amongst the two, but its probably overstated. Gase definitely has CJ's ear, with Macc's early ouster the obvious telling sign. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is one-and-done however.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Icer said:

Gase and Williams was definitely an arranged marriage, and that can be traced back to the Rhule stuff and the initial hiring. I dont doubt there is friction amongst the two, but its probably overstated. Gase definitely has CJ's ear, with Macc's early ouster the obvious telling sign. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is one-and-done however.

It's been his whole career. He hasn't been a long timer anywhere he's been.

This is a media pile on. As many of us have said, the fact Gase and Williams don't love each other is really inconsequential . ONly question is can they work together, and that has almost nothing to do with liking each other. 

OMG you guys are losing it. Other than a few guys picked up by JD this team is filled with over the hill veterans that at their best were average, Beachum, Winters, McClendon, they lost 3 starting LBs, THREE. 

They have a CB that Macc gave 70 million dollars to who watched from the sidelines. And they started out with a QB who was playing with Mono. Quincy Enunwa (who was resigned by that idiot Macc) cracked his neck again, Trevor Siemian got his ankle broken, we're down to our 3rd string QB & you guys are blaming the coaching. 

This is their 1st year incorporating their systems & guys are either hurt, too old, or just plain sh*tty. They've inherited Idzik & Maccs sh*tshow here & that's why Joe Douglas is here. Joe is 1 for 3 working from scraps. Made a mistake with the kicker that might have cost us the Bills game, made a mistake with Kalil but was hoping for lightning in a bottle, but Hairston looks like a player, I was really impressed with him & think he can get better. 

This idea that everyone needs to be fired under these circumstances is ridiculous. Take away Brady, 3 of the Pats starting LBs, sit Gilmore, and let's see the magician do his magic up their in Foxboro. Everyone needs to take a breath. Everyone who predicted our record here always put in the caveat IF THE STAY HEALTHY, but that's not how this season started right off the bat losing Avery for the season. If the schedule was flip flopped things would look a lot better, but we had a tough beginning, we all knew it & it's going to be tough to stomach. These coaches aren't babies, they know what they're working with & have allready benched more players than Bowles did in 4 years here in just the 2nd game. We finally have a real football GM in JD.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1