Cowherd: Gase and Williams can’t stand each other

nico002

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

OMG you guys are losing it. Other than a few guys picked up by JD this team is filled with over the hill veterans that at their best were average, Beachum, Winters, McClendon, they lost 3 starting LBs, THREE. 

They have a CB that Macc gave 70 million dollars to who watched from the sidelines. And they started out with a QB who was playing with Mono. Quincy Enunwa (who was resigned by that idiot Macc) cracked his neck again, Trevor Siemian got his ankle broken, we're down to our 3rd string QB & you guys are blaming the coaching. 

This is their 1st year incorporating their systems & guys are either hurt, too old, or just plain sh*tty. They've inherited Idzik & Maccs sh*tshow here & that's why Joe Douglas is here. Joe is 1 for 3 working from scraps. Made a mistake with the kicker that might have cost us the Bills game, made a mistake with Kalil but was hoping for lightning in a bottle, but Hairston looks like a player, I was really impressed with him & think he can get better. 

This idea that everyone needs to be fired under these circumstances is ridiculous. Take away Brady, 3 of the Pats starting LBs, sit Gilmore, and let's see the magician do his magic up their in Foxboro. Everyone needs to take a breath. Everyone who predicted our record here always put in the caveat IF THE STAY HEALTHY, but that's not how this season started right off the bat losing Avery for the season. If the schedule was flip flopped things would look a lot better, but we had a tough beginning, we all knew it & it's going to be tough to stomach. These coaches aren't babies, they know what they're working with & have allready benched more players than Bowles did in 4 years here in just the 2nd game. We finally have a real football GM in JD.

Buffalo and Cleveland at home.  11 points in 2 games generated by this offense.  Nah, this is an immortal train wreck.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Buffalo and Cleveland at home.  11 points in 2 games generated by this offense.  Nah, this is an immortal train wreck.

Ridiculous to put what's happening on these coaches & GM this soon. Hell, if Mosely doesn't tweak his groin we're most likely sitting here at 1-1.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Icer said:

Gase and Williams was definitely an arranged marriage, and that can be traced back to the Rhule stuff and the initial hiring. I dont doubt there is friction amongst the two, but its probably overstated. Gase definitely has CJ's ear, with Macc's early ouster the obvious telling sign. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Williams is one-and-done however.

I agree but don't know if Williams will only be here for one season. The truth is he has the D playing very hard and the schemes have been largely effective. We have some serious deficiencies personnel wise and he's done a solid job covering those.  I would really like to have some consistency and give these guys all the time we can to actually build their roster and system.  Williams being let go after one season would be a negative IMO. 

• Upvote 1

Wow, two people don't like each other?  I taught at two different high schools for 30 years with constantly changing staffs, and in the English department of both schools (less than 10 people at a time), EVERY YEAR there were teachers who pretty much hated each other and wouldn't talk.  Once, there was a vicious argument with between two female English teachers that I had to calm down.  Factions of 2-3 vs. another 2-3, professional rivalries, etc.  Almost yearly principals that did not like each other.

I'd guess NFL teams and coaching staffs are similar, perhaps even worse due to the hyper competitive nature of the business.

I'm not a Gase guy.  I thought it was a bad hire, but give the guy at least a full season with this crappy roster to see what he can do.

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

In the dark of the night, while the world sleeps, Gase must admit that he doesn’t even like himself.

And then, just prior to the moment of true depression, his brain protects itself with a defense mechanism.  And shortly thereafter he rises at 3 AM with smelling salts to begin his workday all over again.

Sometimes being an insomniac with 21-hour workdays can have its benefits. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Ridiculous to put what's happening on these coaches & GM this soon. Hell, if Mosely doesn't tweak his groin we're most likely sitting here at 1-1.

... and if Darnold were completely healthy we would be 2-0 and the talk of the league and these SOJF’s would be talking about Gase as coach of the year.  

SAR I

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then, just prior to the moment of true depression, his brain protects itself with a defense mechanism.  And shortly thereafter he rises at 3 AM with smelling salts to begin his workday all over again.

Sometimes being an insomniac with 21-hour workdays can have its benefits. 

also, when asleep DisGase's eyes align perfectly

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, ljr said:

I can see them both being *$$holes

Williams seems like he'd be cool to slam down some beers with though ... and I'd want on my side in a knife fight ... you know he's, with no hesitation, immediately lunging for the jugular  

They are both volatile personalities

Williams had reputation as a loose cannon before he got here and Gase thinks he’s God’s gift