J Adams Fined

Gen X Jet

@jgb You gotta start somewhere Jamal was drafted on team that got gutted and went into full rebuild but of course you point to record like that his fault .Best teams in this league . Have multiple stars on each side of the ball.  Jets need to add more talent not give away the few good peices they actually have . 

• Upvote 3

Our fans are simply not used to the passion that Adams displays. We’re used to the Milliner’s, Gholston’s, and the Pryor’s. 

And I do agree with JA. This league is an absolute joke. There’s a flag every other play. There’s way too much stoppage in this game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

@jgb You gotta start somewhere Jamal was drafted on team that got gutted and went into full rebuild but of course you point to record like that his fault .Best teams in this league . Have multiple stars on each side of the ball.  Jets need to add more talent not give away the few good peices they actually have . 

You have to start somewhere, true. But we started at dessert.

Still can't believe anyone would argue that Watson/Mahomes + Honey Badger is not better than having Mal (putting ourselves back in 2017).

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m going to out my self, I think Jamal is a good player and I don’t hate him!

High 5z there. I actually like him too. I like everything about him on the field actually. Dude should have been a late second round pick but got over valued by the NFL draft community and chosen way too high. If not the Jets someone was taking him in the top 10. Not his fault for that imo. He’s really good, not great all around but I think about how beloved Victor Green was to Jets fans and he’s better than Victor Green imo. Draft value/perception is a bitch sometimes lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

High 5z there. I actually like him too. I like everything about him on the field actually. Dude should have been a late second round pick but got over valued by the NFL draft community and chosen way too high. If not the Jets someone was taking him in the top 10. Not his fault for that imo. He’s really good, not great all around but I think about how beloved Victor Green was to Jets fans and he’s better than Victor Green imo. Draft value/perception is a bitch sometimes lol.

Yup 100%. Not his fault stupid teams value him iced Deshaun and Mahomes. I can live with the self-centered social media crap. I like how he plays, eventually he’ll come to learn that his selfless play is why teammates consider him a leader, not his self-serving point of view. When he plays selfish, it feels off-brand and gets noticed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You have to start somewhere, true. But we started at dessert.

Still can't believe anyone would argue that Watson/Mahomes + Honey Badger is not better than having Mal (putting ourselves back in 2017).

There’s nothing to argue about . I could go through plenty of draft classes and pick players I want now that they’re successful . Unfortunately that’s not how things work . So I’m fine with Jamal and Sam. All I want to do is to continue to talented players to this roster around them . Bell , Mosley are also good pieces . We just need more 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I do find this humorous though.

449C0F5E-35ED-4905-8437-A9099F94DC3D.jpeg

With the Rash of injuries to top players I wouldn't be shocked if that was a directive from NFL HQ.   Brady and the Pats brings ratings no matter who they play, why? because everyone hates them they are the ultimate villain.. and the NFL doesn't want lose that yet.

Brady is the last player CASUAL fans can name who isn't retied/Benched/ or Injured. 

The hit on Mayfield was weak at best. The fact that he got fined is a complete joke and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves. You fine Adams for that but Myles Garrett doesn't get a fine for landing full body weight on the QB ? C'mon man.

I really wish if they were going protect the QB bring back the old "In the Grasp rule" May piss over QB's but tough sh!t. You can't have guys going out there full speed and then have to let up at the last second in order to avoid a penalty and a fine while the QB can do whatever he wants to avoid getting sacked.

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol luxury pick?? You must of forget the That season we started the worst pair of safeties in the league that year. Pryor and Gilchrist  gave up so many big plays weekly it was beyond ridiculous. 

And?

Tight ends have still continued to kill us since we drafted Adams and Maye.  Our defense has sucked

Adams is the NFL’s most overrated player.  He’s mediocre in coverage.  Yeah he can play the run and he Twitter tweets a lot that’s great can’t wait to give him a $100 million extension 

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol luxury pick?? You must of forget the That season we started the worst pair of safeties in the league that year. Pryor and Gilchrist  gave up so many big plays weekly it was beyond ridiculous. 

May not be the best time to use this as a defense after obj goes for a back breaking 85 yarder and marcus maye strolls along admiring his running form.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

There’s nothing to argue about . I could go through plenty of draft classes and pick players I want now that they’re successful . Unfortunately that’s not how things work . So I’m fine with Jamal and Sam. All I want to do is to continue to talented players to this roster around them . Bell , Mosley are also good pieces . We just need more 

Many of us panned the Adams pick at the time. But again, that's not the point.

If Mahomes or Watson flopped, do you think people would be saying "Thanks Macc, wasted a pick on a QB and we could've had that Jamal Adams kid." No. No they would not. That demonstrates the difference in positional value between QB and Safety and why Safety is a luxury pick.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

May not be the best time to use this as a defense after obj goes for a back breaking 85 yarder and marcus maye strolls along admiring his running form.

Difference is that it’s  obj he does that to everyone. That old secondary made everyone look like obj 

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Mahomes or Watson flopped, do you think people would be saying "Thanks Macc, wasted a pick on a QB and we could've had that Jamal Adams kid." No. No they would not. That demonstrates the difference in positional value between QB and Safety and why Safety is a luxury pick.

Actually yes I do .. this is the jets fan way it happens every year regardless who we pick . There’s already some here turning on Sam darnold .

42 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And?

Tight ends have still continued to kill us since we drafted Adams and Maye.  Our defense has sucked

Adams is the NFL’s most overrated player.  He’s mediocre in coverage.  Yeah he can play the run and he Twitter tweets a lot that’s great can’t wait to give him a $100 million extension 

What TE has killed us ? We where 5th best team covering TE’s last year. You love making claims with no facts to back it up

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

This has been beaten to death for the last 3 years. What is your point? He is here.

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Our fans are simply not used to the passion that Adams displays. We’re used to the Milliner’s, Gholston’s, and the Pryor’s. 

And I do agree with JA. This league is an absolute joke. There’s a flag every other play. There’s way too much stoppage in this game. 

They may as well just ban kickoffs, its coming sooner than later - AT Monday's game the back judge called a holding on a kickoff from like 50 yards away , the dude probably can't even read an eye chart. Then there's a flag for an illegal 2 man block on the return . NFL is just so scared sh*t less over concussion lawsuits - they are taking hits out of the game. Combine that  with the CBA which prevents the players from sneezing in practice - and this league is heading to two hand touch  or flag football.