Given Up Already

Watto

29 minutes ago, ljr said:

welcome to the board

what s*cked you in in '98?  A Parcells fan before that? or just young & got caught up in that Vinny excitement?

... 2019 is about Darnold taking a step forward ... get this kid healthy & back on the field ... focus only on that and you should enjoy

Yeah Parcells was one of the factors that drew me in. Still a fan of his.

I still watch the documentary of Parcells and Belichick every now and again. 

Nice insight into what might have been. 

I hope you're right about Darnold. He just looked unsettled and anxious in week 1, and that was prior to myself knowing he had mono...hopefully it was the mono, because I was worried about his unease in that game. 

I am done after this year.  I have been going since I was kid in the 70s at shea-tickets in the family since day one the team was formed-my dad and I went to almost every game -we are talking over 40 +years and including road games about 400 games-I lost my father a few months back due to a car accident and have not been able to get myself to go this year without him. I tried to give my browns tickets away nobody wanted the. I could not even sell them for 80% off face value.   I will always cherish my memories with him at the jet games-we talked about walking away a few years back but it was our thing and no matter how bad the jets were it was still our thing-now my father is passed it is time for me to go. I will still watch on tv but wont be attending anymore -the fact that they hired a terrible coach and are so bad makes me leaving easier....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly said:

With a new head coach who is supposedly an offensive guru, Darnold finishing strong last year, Getting new GM with a good reputation, Bell, Mosely, crowder Williams coach & DT, there was a lot to be hopeful for.

Getting our hopes not just dashed but quashed this early is really painful and raises a lot of questions.

ummm...................yeah............... go jets

This is the most painful season since 2008

It’s one thing to suck it’s another thing to suck after expecting good things

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Been a Jets fan since 1998.

I've seen every game since 2009. I'm obsessed with the Jets, and wait every year for the football season to start. I've never missed a game since 2009, barely a snap.

However this is the quickest season I have given up hope. Prior to week 2 I wasn't even excited. I knew we were going to lose and I knew we were going to have a losing season. Gee, I was that sad, I thought we might not even win a game this season. 

I'll continue to watch every Jets game but my passion and excitement is gone by week 2!

Have we have officially become the Browns of the NFL?

Anyone else remember a season where they had given up hope prior to week 2? 

Jets forever...(unfortunately). 

I so identify with this post. I don't even want to win anymore. I just want run. I want meaningful games in October, and we can't even get that. get me outta here....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I never quit. I quit. 

Hypocrites abound!

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I think most had far more optimism than myself. I didn’t trust the coaching staff, I don’t like the fact that 3/4 of our team are FAs and I think we’re depleted at nearly every skill position. 

I was expecting a 7-9 kind of season. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think most had far more optimism than myself. I didn’t trust the coaching staff, I don’t like the fact that 3/4 of our team are FAs and I think we’re depleted at nearly every skill position. 

I was expecting a 7-9 kind of season. 

7-9 is reasonable.

I had 10 - 6 prior to week 1. It's probably why I'm so upset. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Hypocrites abound!

Lol what do you mean. I expected our band of hired thugs to be predictably good enough to beat up on league trash but lose every meaningful game.  

Just enough to put us at yet another fork in the road next January in classic SOJ fashion 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol what do you mean. I expected our band of hired thugs to be predictably good enough to beat up on league trash but lose every meaningful game.  

Just enough to put us at yet another fork in the road next January in classic SOJ fashion 

I was just teasing, but if people were expecting much better than 7-9, they are twisted.   You'd have to be pretty optimistic, or trolling, to expect better than that now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Watto said:

Being so fxxkin excited that I can't wait to watch every Jets game...I know, I know...I obviously have had high expectations.

This forum will definitely improve my outlook for Gang Green...  

I get being disappointed. 2 losses out of the gate sucks. The kicker cost us one. Sam was 68% comp. 1td, 0int week 1. While he was sick. O-line sucks. Might not get fixed till next year. Probably not. This year isn't about losses/wins. It's about Sam. If Douglas fortifies this o line this coming offseason, were going to be in good shape

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Watto said:

I've seen every game since 2009. I'm obsessed with the Jets, and wait every year for the football season to start. I've never missed a game since 2009, barely a snap.

However this is the quickest season I have given up hope. Prior to week 2 I wasn't even excited. I knew we were going to lose and I knew we were going to have a losing season. Gee, I was that sad, I thought we might not even win a game this season. 

I'll continue to watch every Jets game but my passion and excitement is gone by week 2!

A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits. 

• Haha 2

Behind this O Line. A boulder would be injured. Beachum is getting tossed like a rag doll by guys that are 40 pounds lighter than him. Winters, is whiffing on blocks and Kalil is blocking invisible aliens. He is lost. This is the worse line ever. Almost as bad as Wayne Hunter and Adrian Clarke bad. Please get some backups to start and see if things improve. At this pace, we will need a new QB every other week.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Watto said:

Not giving up. Just lost hope by week 2 of the season. Quickest timeframe I have ever given up. 

First sentence, Not giving up.  Last sentence, Quickest timeframe I have ever given up.  You seem to be a very confused person.

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Watto said:

Not giving up. Just lost hope by week 2 of the season. Quickest timeframe I have ever given up. 

First sentence, Not giving up.  Last sentence, Quickest timeframe I have ever given up.  You seem to be a very confused person.

I've been a Jets fan since I was 7 years old when they won the SB. I have watched them all of these years, and have been disheartened for most of that time, except for perhaps '98, '09 and '10. I've gone through all the great, purported QB "saviors" such as O'Brien, Todd, Ryan, Brister, Mirer, Nagle, O'Donnell, Clemens. Pennington, Sanchez, Smith, a bunch of others, and, now, Darnold. Each time, I have been generally disappointed ... although, I must give credit to Vinny and the Sanchize for almost getting us back to the promised land. Darnold remains an unknown quantity at this point, so I will reserve judgement on him. Namath still is and always will be my guy because he did what he guaranteed he would do ... win a frickin' SB. 

Each year, I think for a split second that maybe I should root for another NFL team ... one with a winning tradition ... one where ownership cares about its fans. Alas, no such luck. The Green and White is ingrained in my DNA and I cannot bring myself to be anything but a Jets fan. When I scream at the TV each Sunday (as well as this past Monday night), my wife knows I'm watching the Jets and just looks so sad for me. FWIW, my wife is from Cincinnati and is a Bengals fan; so, she empathizes with my sad plight completely.

In recent times, it has not been since Rex' first two years that I have had any hope for success prior to the season. This year has been no different, Darnold notwithstanding, and is yet another lost cause.  If the Jets are dumb enough to keep Gase for the next three years (which they likely will), then nothing will change. History will continue to repeat itself like some temporal loop anomaly on Star Trek TNG. 

Unfortunately, for the last 50 years, losing has been part of being a Jets fan. We have no choice but to have our hopes dashed repeatedly, but we keep coming back like the masochists we are. Nonetheless, I retain my love for this team for reasons which are beyond me and over which I appear to have no control. It's my own fault, but I'm a Jets diehard and can't be anything else.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, Watto said:

1988?

Lots of lost seasons in the 70's and that was before they arrived for camp. This ain't sh*t.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I've been at it since 1977. You're an amateur. 

Ha. There are a few senile delinquents lurking here .

Me, since '70 (if my feeble memory is correct.) First distinct Jet memory is watching Namath try to tackle a Detroit Lion defender in a goddamn preseason game, after a sideline interception, only to get blasted in the knee by LB Mike Lucci - and never be the same after that. Neither have I, OBVIOUSLY ....

And being a Knicks/Mets/Rangers fan as well, at age 62, TIME IS F*&KiNG RUNNING OUT.

And FWIW, my Jet T-shirt has Klecko's name and number. And I own both a Jets beer and coffee mug. They get a lot of use, in that order ...

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

I've been a Jets fan since I was 7 years old when they won the SB. I have watched them all of these years, and have been disheartened for most of that time, except for perhaps '98, '09 and '10. I've gone through all the great, purported QB "saviors" such as O'Brien, Todd, Ryan, Brister, Mirer, Nagle, O'Donnell, Clemens. Pennington, Sanchez, Smith, a bunch of others, and, now, Darnold. Each time, I have been generally disappointed ... although, I must give credit to Vinny and the Sanchize for almost getting us back to the promised land. Darnold remains an unknown quantity at this point, so I will reserve judgement on him. Namath still is and always will be my guy because he did what he guaranteed he would do ... win a frickin' SB. 

Each year, I think for a split second that maybe I should root for another NFL team ... one with a winning tradition ... one where ownership cares about its fans. Alas, no such luck. The Green and White is ingrained in my DNA and I cannot bring myself to be anything but a Jets fan. When I scream at the TV each Sunday (as well as this past Monday night), my wife knows I'm watching the Jets and just looks so sad for me. FWIW, my wife is from Cincinnati and is a Bengals fan; so, she empathizes with my sad plight completely.

In recent times, it has not been since Rex' first two years that I have had any hope for success prior to the season. This year has been no different, Darnold notwithstanding, and is yet another lost cause.  If the Jets are dumb enough to keep Gase for the next three years (which they likely will), then nothing will change. History will continue to repeat itself like some temporal loop anomaly on Star Trek TNG. 

Unfortunately, for the last 50 years, losing has been part of being a Jets fan. We have no choice but to have our hopes dashed repeatedly, but we keep coming back like the masochists we are. Nonetheless, I retain my love for this team for reasons which are beyond me and over which I appear to have no control. It's my own fault, but I'm a Jets diehard and can't be anything else.

Great post brother Joe Willie I was 6 when they won and basically the same story. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Watto said:

Son, I gave up on thinking the Jets were ever gonna win another football game a solid decade before you were even a squishy zygote slapping around in your poppy’s piping hot stream of jizz. If you think you’re saying something interesting by declaring yourself emotionally dead regarding this sh*t-spoon franchise, you’ve got another thing coming. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

I am done after this year.  I have been going since I was kid in the 70s at shea-tickets in the family since day one the team was formed-my dad and I went to almost every game -we are talking over 40 +years and including road games about 400 games-I lost my father a few months back due to a car accident and have not been able to get myself to go this year without him. I tried to give my browns tickets away nobody wanted the. I could not even sell them for 80% off face value.   I will always cherish my memories with him at the jet games-we talked about walking away a few years back but it was our thing and no matter how bad the jets were it was still our thing-now my father is passed it is time for me to go. I will still watch on tv but wont be attending anymore -the fact that they hired a terrible coach and are so bad makes me leaving easier....

Heartfelt condolences, kmnj. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Ha. There are a few senile delinquents lurking here .

Me, since '70 (if my feeble memory is correct.) First distinct Jet memory is watching Namath try to tackle a Detroit Lion defender in a goddamn preseason game, after a sideline interception, only to get blasted in the knee by LB Mike Lucci - and never be the same after that. Neither have I, OBVIOUSLY ....

And being a Knicks/Mets/Rangers fan as well, at age 62, TIME IS F*&KiNG RUNNING OUT.

And FWIW, my Jet T-shirt has Klecko's name and number. And I own both a Jets beer and coffee mug. They get a lot of use, in that order ...

I remember that game against the Lions. I should've known then that it was all over.  But youthful optimism got the better of me.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Son, I gave up on thinking the Jets were ever gonna win another football game a solid decade before you were even a squishy zygote slapping around in your poppy’s piping hot stream of jizz. If you think you’re saying something interesting by declaring yourself emotionally dead regarding this sh*t-spoon franchise, you’ve got another thing coming. 

This guy needs his own section on this forum. @T0mShane

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, T0mShane said:

I can't get over all the old school Jets fans on here!

It's like a wealth of that amazing and undefeatable triple-option knowledge that Georgia Tech so successfully run. 

• Haha 1

Going from the Avery Williamson injury to the Siemian injury it seemed like bad news every other day for a month 

an already thin roster decimated by suspension and injury 

My expectations have gone from watching Sam grow to not wasting Sunday afternoons on these guys. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, Watto said:

WELCOME TO JET NATION 

• Upvote 2