Given Up Already

Watto

On 9/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, Watto said:

Been a Jets fan since 1998.

I've seen every game since 2009. I'm obsessed with the Jets, and wait every year for the football season to start. I've never missed a game since 2009, barely a snap.

However this is the quickest season I have given up hope. Prior to week 2 I wasn't even excited. I knew we were going to lose and I knew we were going to have a losing season. Gee, I was that sad, I thought we might not even win a game this season. 

I'll continue to watch every Jets game but my passion and excitement is gone by week 2!

Have we have officially become the Browns of the NFL?

Anyone else remember a season where they had given up hope prior to week 2? 

Jets forever...(unfortunately). 

1998 ? Rookie!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Grow a pair and root for your team today.

Also...  never take Winnie's name in vain. 

Don't worry I'll still be yelling, watching, and wearing my Jets gear. 

Don't know how long I'll be yelling...but I'll never miss a Jets game. 

They're not going anywhere this year but I still think they can rebound down the road assuming they get Sam back healthy. Nothing special, but I could still see them winning 6 MAYBE 7 games. They need to get their players back though. This is still a team that should have beat Buffalo and before the Beckham TD was still in the game against Cleveland with a 3rd string QB. You just hope all the losing we are about to experience doesn't spiral out of control and the team gives up. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, TeddEY said:

You signed up for a Jets website to announce that you are giving up on the Jets.

ponder inspector gadget GIF

To be fair, he's giving up on the Jets season. As have many many posters here. The inverse of Dr. Johnson's famous quip about second marriages as the triumph of hope over experience. Well, most here have been burned by the fires so many times they've learned the triumph of experience over hope. Sad but true. I actually feel sorry for Le'Veon Bell. That should tell you everything.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, Watto said:

Been a Jets fan since 1998.

I've seen every game since 2009. I'm obsessed with the Jets, and wait every year for the football season to start. I've never missed a game since 2009, barely a snap.

However this is the quickest season I have given up hope. Prior to week 2 I wasn't even excited. I knew we were going to lose and I knew we were going to have a losing season. Gee, I was that sad, I thought we might not even win a game this season. 

I'll continue to watch every Jets game but my passion and excitement is gone by week 2!

Have we have officially become the Browns of the NFL?

Anyone else remember a season where they had given up hope prior to week 2? 

Jets forever...(unfortunately). 

Yes. In 1999 as a matter of fact. Although that Parcells team eventually found Ray Lucas and went on a tear. If not for Wayne Chrebet dropping a tough pass in the end zone, they probably would have eaked their way into the playoffs. I remember watching wild card weekend knowing the Jets had beaten 3 or 4 of the teams playing. So I guess the moral of that story was that it had a bittersweet ending.

Unfortunately, I just don't hold out that kind of optimism with this team this season? It's a very hard life being a Jets fan. This is just another sad, disheartening chapter.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Yes. In 1999 as a matter of fact. Although that Parcells team eventually found Ray Lucas and went on a tear. If not for Wayne Chrebet dropping a tough pass in the end zone, they probably would have eaked their way into the playoffs. I remember watching wild card weekend knowing the Jets had beaten 3 or 4 of the teams playing. So I guess the moral of that story was that it had a bittersweet ending.

Unfortunately, I just don't hold out that kind of optimism with this team this season? It's a very hard life being a Jets fan. This is just another sad, disheartening chapter.

Wow, What a way to reminisce. It was amazing how we found Ray Lucas. Pretty cool story how we found him...

The biggest let down for me was that 2015 team. Fitzpatrick had a better than expected year. Marshall was playing to his potential along with Decker. Ivory put in one of the best running back performances for the Jets. All we needed was a win against Buffalo in week 17 and we were in the playoffs...I still remember sitting in the cold at the end of that game. It was a horrible feeling.