Should the Jets make a run at Trent Williams or Jalen Ramsey?

TxJetfan

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Not if they cost first round picks.

Ramsey was a first round pick still under his rookie deal. He's one of the best CB's in the league. He's worth a 1st round pick. The only problem is that we'd have to sign him up for a long term deal. If that can be done then he's worth it, otherwise no way I give up a 1st round pick for a 1 year rental... Trent Williams would come for less than a 1st round pick. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TxJetfan said:

Ramsey was a first round pick still under his rookie deal. He's one of the best CB's in the league. He's worth a 1st round pick. The only problem is that we'd have to sign him up for a long term deal. If that can be done then he's worth it, otherwise no way I give up a 1st round pick for a 1 year rental... Trent Williams would come for less than a 1st round pick. 

The other problem with Ramsey is that he is a proven D-bag.  Who wants to deal with Brinks trucks and his idiotic interviews giving bulletin board material every week.  I'd rather have Williams.

• Upvote 1

Trent Williams yes,

of course take into account, projected  (best guess) years of high quality performance left / cost in compensation to Washington / projected (best guess) cost in salary over remaining years and have this signed before/at time of the deal.

I'd make a ( 1st round pick off the table), team friendly but almost reasonable offer (not sure what that would be, but people smarter in math than I can determine that) ... when this offer is told to Washington it will include decreasing value on a sliding  scale up until this years trade deadline.

• Upvote 1

I can't see Joe D give up a top choice in the draft for any of these 2.  I believe Joe D wants to develop through the draft that's why he got a 6 year contract.  There's still a lot to build around believe it or not.  New staff and major injuries have hurt the start of the season.  It is what it is.  Time to just deal with the season ahead.  Another season in JET misery paradise.  

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Adam Gase and Joe D have nothing to do with any past jets gm.  

adam gase is a coach with losing record and is terrible-I would not let him pick out which toilet paper they use at the stadium-he will set our rebuild back  2-3 years as he is a clueless  clown who should have never been hired.

49 minutes ago, TxJetfan said:

They want 2 1st rounders for Ramsey.  Way too expensive

Edited by JETSfaninNE
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Not if they cost first round picks.

The price tag to get Jalen Ramsey is number 1 and a player.   Rumor has it the Raiders  offered The Bears first round pick , and their best CB G Conley for Jalen Ramsey.     Jalen Ramsey will most likely be traded after tonight's game.     Obviously he gets hurt tonight, there probably won't be a deal.

Just like I said Jalen Ramsey will be traded before Trent Williams.   Now let's see which team is Ramsey going to tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, kmnj said:

adam gase is a coach with losing record and is terrible-I would not let him pick out which toilet paper they use at the stadium-he will set our rebuild back  2-3 years as he is a clueless  clown who should have never been hired.

Adam gase is the gm of this team.  Dont let the window dressing of him hiring joe douglas fool you. 

Gase is a control freak and would only hire a puppet.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TxJetfan said:

We are a four win team at best flirting with a top three pick.

Is a headache like Ramsey, who is going to want Revis money in a couple of years, REALLY worth picking a top three player and having him under control for 5 years?  UM.....no.

You build through the draft.  I get it, everyone is gunshy after Idzik and Mac.  Any misstep and you are clamoring for the wolves.

But the ONLY way this franchise gets out of its decade-long rut is to hold the picks, draft well for three years, and be ready to rock.  If you drink the Kool-Aid and go for the easy fix, we are back to the Idzik-Mac debacle.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

There is a 0% chance that the Jets draft a player of Williams' caliber in the 2nd round. Ever.

You make trade 10 times out of 9.

IF you could get Trent Williams for a 2nd rounder, you do that.

But since there is no chance of getting Trent Williams for a 2nd rounder.....

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Trent Williams yes,

of course take into account, projected  (best guess) years of high quality performance left / cost in compensation to Washington / projected (best guess) cost in salary over remaining years and have this signed before/at time of the deal.

I'd make a ( 1st round pick off the table), team friendly but almost reasonable offer (not sure what that would be, but people smarter in math than I can determine that) ... when this offer is told to Washington it will include decreasing value on a sliding  scale up until this years trade deadline.

people don't negotiate like this.

Jalen Ramsey isn’t the all around talent type like Mack to give up a 1st rounder when your 0-2, your starting QB is out for another week to maybe longer, if the Jets are honest with themselves see their schedule, injuries, and lack of talent the pick is more valuable then one year of Jalen Ramsey.

• Upvote 1