nycdan

"Stay off Brady" - everything you need to know about the NFL in 2019

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-getting-special-treatment-dolphins-linebacker-claims-ref-told-him-to-stay-off-patriots-qb/

Here's the play in question.

It's Robert Kraft's league.  We all just get to watch it.

I just saw this story as well... What a joke.  

“The blast on Brady” - WTF ?

Someday, somehow, someone is going to get to Brady and do some damage and the Pats* will finally go back to where we all know they belong .... obscurity 

He's a good player even though they cheat and the league favors him.  Anyone who wants to see him hurt just because he is our hated rival is a jackass.  

• Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Downvote 2

The NFL might as well let the QB's walk on to the field with this. 

12566201_H25190988-720x445.jpg

Let them wear their "No contact" jerseys on game day. That's essentially what the NFL has become anyway. And look, im not criticizing it as a way of saying that the league is being pussified, but I am saying that guys like Jamal Adams are being fined for playing football. Myles Garrett received numerous roughing the passer penalties for playing football, and now we have players being told not to touch a football player. 

Look, give them red jerseys as well as allow their overly inflated salaries not to be impacted by the salary cap in order for other players who also contribute to team success can share in the salary cap funds. This way the Patriots dont have to pay Brady under the table and we know that all defenders need to do is to get two hands on the QB in order to rule the play over. Guys like Newton will be able to extend their careers knowing that hits on them have been removed and we can have a fairer QB friendly league across the board. 

Any ref telling any defensive player that they are not to touch Tom Brady should be fired as a ref or they should never referee Patriots games. How is an opposing team ever to expect a fair game in such a scenario? 

I dont care about his 9 SB appearances and his 6 rings, I highly doubt that we would have ever heard something like that in protection of Joe Montana. 

• Upvote 2

You guys shouldn't read too much Into this whether true or not. I seen the jets play. They can't generate a pass rush anyways.

• Haha 1

The NFL should make this simple. On Thursday's, when teams have to list their injury reports, the league should issue a list to all teams which QB's are not allowed to be touched in the games that weekend. Take all the guesswork out of it.

4 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

You guys shouldn't read too much Into this whether true or not. I seen the jets play. They can't generate a pass rush anyways.

No, no. Special treatment and cheating shouldn't be read into. Nothing to see here. 

Last Sunday with no Jets game on, I went to the sports bar and watched several games at once with no sound. It was pretty obvious that officiating is clearly and INTENTIONALLY biased to elite players and especially the marquee teams. I would have cried foul a couple years ago, and the NFL is not fixing games, but there is sort of this extra protection they offer their biggest money making teams to keep them winning and in the spotlight

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

why do you think adams was fined for hitting mayfield?  the nfl protects its marketable stars.

They must have gotten to you too.....he pushed him.

I will quote once again the great Jack Lambert. Quarterbacks should wear a dress. He said that over 40 years ago. Let that sink in. He may have been wrong then, but now?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

They must have gotten to you too.....he pushed him.

exactly.  they protect their marketable stars.  people tune in to watch quarterbacks.  

I'd like to see the rule change that if qbs are subject to special rules, then they can't run past the line of scrimmage or they have to wear dresses.

One or the other.

• Like 1

same thing in NBA. Superstars get all the calls, and are allowed to travel... actually,all of the NBA is allowed to travel. They just kinda run to the hoop...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All the greats get this treatment.  Hes earned it.

Oh great i guess no one will ever get to hit Daniel Jones. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's a good player even though they cheat and the league favors him.  Anyone who wants to see him hurt just because he is our hated rival is a jackass.  

I hope he get the Trevor siemian treatment. I hope it’s Jamal Adams that gives it him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I’m surprised that it doesn’t backfire with some guys.  I know when I was younger and playing sports more often, that something like that would have lit a fire in me to hit the guy even harder next time.  

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All the greats get this treatment.  Hes earned it.

Staubach got that treatment?  Bradshaw?  Montana?  Give me a f-ing break.  The Pats dynasty in the SB is literally worth hundreds of millions to the NFL.  They've just decided to milk Brady's legacy for all it's worth.  That is the kind of treatment he's earned.

Remember when Ed Hochuli told Cam Newton a few years ago “you’re not old enough to get that call”? 

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

"Tom didn't say anything but the referee said, 'Stay off Tom,'" McMillan said this week

Those were the kids we made sure to torment in HS. "Oh sure Mrs. whatever we won't pick on you tender child who absolutely deserves it because he's a wise-ass." Let's go Bounty-gate part two...

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I hope he get the Trevor siemian treatment. I hope it’s Jamal Adams that gives it him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Then their rookie QB (Stidham?) comes in and lites everyone up for the 6 weeks Brady is out and everyone says "Bledsoe/Brady 2.0??  people forget they have Gordon,AB, and Edelman for WR with White and Michel in the backfield.  they still win alot without Brady maybe not as much but a very high level right now. 

• Butt Fumble 1

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Those were the kids we made sure to torment in HS. "Oh sure Mrs. whatever we won't pick on you tender child who absolutely deserves it because he's a wise-ass." Let's go Bounty-gate part two...

(face palm) Ya because every top QB isnt going be treated with kid gloves right now.. come on look at how bad the NFL is for QBs!! they are dropping like flies and the league needs their top villains healthy to keep ratings up.  

Quoting myself from another thread:

If the games were real, that would have happened to Brady, years ago. Everyone in the league knows the script = do not...do not touch Brady

=================================

They tell you straight to your face and you still don't get it. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

The league wants a 19-0 team. 

No, they dont, not the Pats right now anyway. But they want you to assume it's possible with them.

• Confused 1