"Stay off Brady" - everything you need to know about the NFL in 2019

nycdan

2 hours ago, joebracken33 said:

“The blast on Brady” - WTF ?

Someday, somehow, someone is going to get to Brady and do some damage and the Pats* will finally go back to where we all know they belong .... obscurity 

Oh please lol, if the sport were real, he would have limped from the game a decade ago. Avoiding being blind sided for 20 years, means one of two things. He's a  sorcerer,  or its scripted. I know the answer 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, JimJaime said:

(face palm) Ya because every top QB isnt going be treated with kid gloves right now.. come on look at how bad the NFL is for QBs!! they are dropping like flies and the league needs their top villains healthy to keep ratings up.  

First off, do it right:

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Second, the league has been protecting Brady by not calling holding penalties on the pats* for the past two decades. This isn't something they just started doing cause of other injuries. Did you just start watching football? Welcome.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, section314 said:

The NFL should make this simple. On Thursday's, when teams have to list their injury reports, the league should issue a list to all teams which QB's are not allowed to be touched in the games that weekend. Take all the guesswork out of it.

They do that . They just don't tell the public. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Staubach got that treatment?  Bradshaw?  Montana?  Give me a f-ing break.  The Pats dynasty in the SB is literally worth hundreds of millions to the NFL.  They've just decided to milk Brady's legacy for all it's worth.  That is the kind of treatment he's earned.

You can't  say that and then say, "oh but it's not fixed. 

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We're still letting Alex Jones post on this forum?

Alex Jones is a joke that works for govt.

Do you need a truth anvil  over the head?They are telling you right in your face..we alter games as we see fit. Do not touch the lead a actor in the season long  reality  tv series.  

The league doesn’t have much of a choice at this point.  If Brady/Manning and Rogers come down with CTE in a few years, you better believe the NFL as we know it will be over.

Think congressional hearings, and a spectacle that will make the baseball steroid era display look meek in comparison.

i mean there is already an epidemic of players with pain pill addictions.  It’s just a really seedy consequence of the thing I used to really like...  hard hitting football.  Then you see the old players, and what’s happened to them since, and realize that this is supposed to be just a game..

46 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Alex Jones is a joke that works for govt.

Do you need a truth anvil  over the head?They are telling you right in your face..we alter games as we see fit. Do not touch the lead a actor in the season long  reality  tv series.  

IMG_20190720_211649-01.jpeg.c06d62cb893c6cda85ba97fd183b2313.jpeg

Riiiiiiiight.

Unreal.  It’s official.  Im done with the NFL outside of the NY Jets.  It’s absolute trash.  Pure garbage.  Completely fake and there is nothing at all compelling about the league.  

I wont, by choice, watch NFL Football that is not the NY Jets.  I will never purchase tickets or gear ever again.  I will illegally stream Jets games and that will be the extent of my interaction with the NFL.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unreal.  It’s official.  Im done with the NFL outside of the NY Jets.  It’s absolute trash.  Pure garbage.  Completely fake and there is nothing at all compelling about the league.  

I wont, by choice, watch NFL Football that is not the NY Jets.  I will never purchase tickets or gear ever again.  I will illegally stream Jets games and that will be the extent of my interaction with the NFL.

ok..so you're done with the nfl. But will continue  to watch one of their employees, that are obligated  to do the NFL's  bidding....

Just accept  it as entertainment and enjoy the show.  

5 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

He's a good player even though they cheat and the league favors him.  Anyone who wants to see him hurt just because he is our hated rival is a jackass.  

He cheats, the Pats* cheat and the league favors and protects him. I don't want to see him injured, I'd just like to see him treated equally and watch how his 43 year old body reacts to the hits most other QB's take.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The NFL might as well let the QB's walk on to the field with this. 

12566201_H25190988-720x445.jpg

Let them wear their "No contact" jerseys on game day. That's essentially what the NFL has become anyway. And look, im not criticizing it as a way of saying that the league is being pussified, but I am saying that guys like Jamal Adams are being fined for playing football. Myles Garrett received numerous roughing the passer penalties for playing football, and now we have players being told not to touch a football player. 

Look, give them red jerseys as well as allow their overly inflated salaries not to be impacted by the salary cap in order for other players who also contribute to team success can share in the salary cap funds. This way the Patriots dont have to pay Brady under the table and we know that all defenders need to do is to get two hands on the QB in order to rule the play over. Guys like Newton will be able to extend their careers knowing that hits on them have been removed and we can have a fairer QB friendly league across the board. 

Any ref telling any defensive player that they are not to touch Tom Brady should be fired as a ref or they should never referee Patriots games. How is an opposing team ever to expect a fair game in such a scenario? 

I dont care about his 9 SB appearances and his 6 rings, I highly doubt that we would have ever heard something like that in protection of Joe Montana. 

I have no problem with rules favoring the QB ‘s safety. The problem is unequal enforcement. To the point where Luck is gone, three are questionable and our backup is out for the season. The NFL is stupider than I thought I’d they think people want to see only Brady protected 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Xtina said:

I have no problem with rules favoring the QB ‘s safety. The problem is unequal enforcement. To the point where Luck is gone, three are questionable and our backup is out for the season. The NFL is stupider than I thought I’d they think people want to see only Brady protected 

It's all a show bro. Right now it looks like the death-star will destroy  the universe. Don't worry.  Rogue one, is on the way

Luck, Roethlisberger  and Brees had to be sacrificed for the cause. But Darth Vaders son will come through for all

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I've finally reached this point because it is near impossible to watch a game anymore. Every other play in a close game is a penalty, yet when the game gets out of reach the flags end up staying in their pockets. The fact that you can't legally hit a QB is the cherry on top. QB's can't even dive head first for a first down anymore.

I wish they would change the name of the league because we're not watching football anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I have had enough of Tom Brady.  Guy has been great had a fantastic career.  Will go down as the best ever.  Just tired of him at this point.  Cant wait until Brown is in and out of court,  Gordon implodes as usual leaves the team for personal reasons.  Edelman get tagged for dirty pee again.  This team is missing both their starting left and right tackle this week.  Williams is going to blitz on both edges all game and get after him. This will be Tommy's last year.   Yes the Jets will get beat,  but Tom is walking out of there all bruised up.  Its time to let the new guys start to become the face of the league.  Jackson, Mahomes, Watson, Goff, Wentz, Allen, Darnold, Dak, and Mayfield.  I would like to see Brees, Ben, Eli, Philip and Brady leave as their time has come.

Then their rookie QB (Stidham?) comes in and lites everyone up for the 6 weeks Brady is out and everyone says "Bledsoe/Brady 2.0??  people forget they have Gordon,AB, and Edelman for WR with White and Michel in the backfield.  they still win alot without Brady maybe not as much but a very high level right now. 

I’d take my chances.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Maybe Adams got called for a late hit because he ran 5 yards to hit Mayfield after he released the ball

Compared to what Myles Garret did to Trevor Siemian, that was a love tap. 

Also, people aren't questioning that it was a late hit, they are questioning the fine.