I liked Hairston Monday night.

GREENBEAN

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, really it was on Maye who got bamboozled out there.

Maye was the deep stop at the 3rd level... Hewitt should have been on coverage.... Maye got deeked in the open field by an extremely fast WR with 10 yards of space... Extremely tough for any Safety.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Colts always seem to have decent cornerbacks and safeties. I like Haristons game a lot. Anyone but Busted coverage Skrine out there. I wonder how he is doing in Chicago. Penalty machine with us. Anytime he played, I told myself watch a holding penalty on #41 on the Jets coming up. I could never figure out why Bowles never bench him.  We should play the safety we got from the Colts too.

2 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Colts always seem to have decent cornerbacks and safeties. I like Haristons game a lot. Anyone but Busted coverage Skrine out there. I wonder how he is doing in Chicago. Penalty machine with us. Anytime he played, I told myself watch a holding penalty on #41 on the Jets coming up. I could never figure out why Bowles never bench him.  We should play the safety we got from the Colts too.

He got an offsides penalty when the kicker missed the extra point... Went for 2 instead... Denver got it... took the lead and then Trubisky and allen Robinson saved his ass... by driving and getting a field goal

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He got an offsides penalty when the kicker missed the extra point... Went for 2 instead... Denver got it... took the lead and then Trubisky and allen Robinson saved his ass... by driving and getting a field goal

So he isn't getting busted in  coverage like he did with us. Perfect nickname for Busted Skrine. I am beyond thankful he is not on our team anymore.

Hairston played very well, and is looking like an excellent trade acquisition by Douglas for a mere 2020 6th round pick.

Good size, good speed, good coverage ability, physical. Plus he's under contract for this year and next at a very low rate, so we can take a long look before deciding whether to re-up him in 2021.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree overall our CB's played decent. The OBJ TD he was covered by a LB. 

yep.  the young guys showed that trumaine is grossly overpaid.  as for the obj td, the lb was supposed to pick him up at the line instead of letting him release free.  hewitt admitted he played that play badly.  obj got a good headstart off the line and mayfield hit him in stride.  that was clearly a back breaker.  

19 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Maye was the deep stop at the 3rd level... Hewitt should have been on coverage.... Maye got deeked in the open field by an extremely fast WR with 10 yards of space... Extremely tough for any Safety.

I mean Maye got completely turned around while he was barely in the frame.

Frankly, if we're counting on a linebacker to cover OBJ the scheme is really to blame here.

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

He looked good.  Definitely seems like good value for a 6th.

Lets hope Bellichek isn't as fortunate with his newly acquired 2021 6th round pick.

Our LB's looked good as well. Would have liked a little more pressure from DL though.

I imagine with Avery, Mosley & QW at full speed our D could be good enough this year.

55 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hewitt... who blew it because he was late reacting to the RPO.... Good play call, although I felt it was coming... I am sure the defense did to... But that one was on Hewitt.

You’re absolutely right that on the OBJ td, that the responsibility for the underneath coverage was Hewitt.

Bart Scott said on the post game, that a more experienced linebacker reads the formation, and undercuts the route.

To his credit, when interviewed, Hewitt owned up to his mistake.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly said:

Lets hope Bellichek isn't as fortunate with his newly acquired 2021 6th round pick.

Our LB's looked good as well. Would have liked a little more pressure from DL though.

I imagine with Avery, Mosley & QW at full speed our D could be good enough this year.

Kyle Philips needs to play more. I like his motor. He gives more effort than the sissy cat Leonard Williams.

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean Maye got completely turned around while he was barely in the frame.

Frankly, if we're counting on a linebacker to cover OBJ the scheme is really to blame here.

The LB is not covering OBJ. He was covering space.  He was supposed to slide into the middle of the filed to cover the throw on any middle hot route. If he was in the right place, he could have had a pick 6. It was a great D call, which baited MAyfiled to throw into the coverage. Unfortunately, it was ruined by poor execution by Hewitt.

Where Maye was on the field in comparison to OBJ required him to guess the direction OBJ would break if he had any hope of making the tackle becasue he had no angle and OBJ was at top speed headed down the field. He guessed wrong.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The LB is not covering OBJ. He was covering space.  He was supposed to slide into the middle of the filed to cover the throw on any middle hot route. If he was in the right place, he could have had a pick 6. It was a great D call, which baited MAyfiled to throw into the coverage. Unfortunately, it was ruined by poor execution by Hewitt.

Where Maye was on the field in comparison to OBJ required him to guess the direction OBJ would break if he had any hope of making the tackle becasue he had no angle and OBJ was at top speed headed down the field. He guessed wrong.

David Hitman Harris would have executed the play lol. I give Hewitt and Cashman plenty of credit for playing a good game. These are backup players stepping up. I wish Maye, Williams, Anderson, Johnson would start stepping up also.

Skrine almost single handedly lost the game for the bears last week with his penalties. He played decently before that but that was the rub with that guy. He’d be useful this year but overall we’re not going anywhere with that guy.

He blows balls

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Strobe almost lost single handed lost the game for the bears last week with his penalties. He played decently before that but that was the run with that guy. He’d be useful this year but overall we’d lot going anywhere with that guy.

He blows balls

So wait you don't like Buster Skrine

• Sympathy 1

So wait you don't like Buster Skrine

I really wanted to. Like really really wanted to.

It was funny. I was watching the Chicago game with my son and me noticed skrine had a sack and a pressure on the QB. I acknowledged that he seemed to be playing well and considered that we may be able to use Jim right about now. Then he jumped the snap and gave the colts another play which was the score. If Chicago didn’t get down field abc score again in less than a min, skrine would have lost the game.

That’s the problem With that guy. Always the penalty machine.

Good post

... other than actually seeing a fg attempt go through the uprights ... this probably was my next happiest surprise

Agreed. lol

That FG got me to my feet to dance with my son. Something is wrong here.

• Sympathy 1