Holding Players Accountable

EdReed22

I loved that the coaching staff benched Tremaine Johnson. Rex, nor Bowles would ever do that they were players coaches. I love that Khalil was also benched.

I for the life of me can't figure out how Brian Winters can manage to survive 3 different coaching regimes. This guy sucks big time. He is always injured, is a penalty machine, or gets driven back at LOS seconds after the play starts. Can we not have Compton, Lewis, take his place???? Can they be worse than him??? Edoga should also take over for Beachum Jr. I did not like his body language after he got tossed around by Garrett Monday night. He stood in in front of his QB after he got sacked and injured. He shows no emotion or has any mean streak.

Please IR Sam Darnold, before he becomes another Andrew Luck. This line is horrible...Brady wouldn't survive with these 3 starting.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Everyone should be held accountable, starts with the ownership. Can't bench or fire ownership, that's too bad.

Woody's ass should been fired along time ago. He is a horrible owner. It has been along time since we held players accountable. I am ok with building dept this year and replacing starters and experimenting with the team this year.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When your losing this happens if the NY Jets were winning Monday night no one gets benched. 

We would still go on a losing steak. This team isn't talented to go make a run deep for the playoffs. Our O Line is not playing well at all. I am amazed at how much they are struggling. Is it old players past their prime? not enough film study, or severely physically overmatched or the scheme sucks???

Never the case. Beachum needs to go to the bench and so does Winters. It's going to be Winter season soon. We all know its that time of the year Brian Winters gets injured.

2 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

We would still go on a losing steak. This team isn't talented to go make a run deep for the playoffs. Our O Line is not playing well at all. I am amazed at how much they are struggling. Is it old players past their prime? not enough film study, or severely physically overmatched or the scheme sucks???

Never the case. Beachum needs to go to the bench and so does Winters. It's going to be Winter season soon. We all know its that time of the year Brian Winters gets injured.

Agree Winters and Beachum are JAG's there has to be better players on this team who can replace them or on the street for that matter. 

Plug and play until you find the guys who are hungry and want to win. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

I loved that the coaching staff benched Tremaine Johnson. Rex, nor Bowles would ever do that they were players coaches. I love that Khalil was also benched.

I for the life of me can't figure out how Brian Winters can manage to survive 3 different coaching regimes. This guy sucks big time. He is always injured, is a penalty machine, or gets driven back at LOS seconds after the play starts. Can we not have Compton, Lewis, take his place???? Can they be worse than him??? Edoga should also take over for Beachum Jr. I did not like his body language after he got tossed around by Garrett Monday night. He stood in in front of his QB after he got sacked and injured. He shows no emotion or has any mean streak.

Please IR Sam Darnold, before he becomes another Andrew Luck. This line is horrible...Brady wouldn't survive with these 3 starting.

yep.  it's nice to see that gase can bench a guy like trumaine and has said he doesn't care how much money a guy is getting.  it's all about on field production.  but with regard to the oline, i think it's more a case of these guys not playing together as opposed to them being exceptionally bad players.  this isn't to say they don't need upgrade but these guys have all been in the league for quite sometime and if they were that bad even mac would've launched them. i do like the idea of playing the other guy if these guys can't turn it around.  they, as a group, are really putting a chink in whatever playoff aspirations this team has this season.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Every fan says that they want to see players held accountable, but then when the players start crying to the press about Gase exerting discipline, everyone is going to start crying about how Gase to so mean and that he can’t relate to those poor players. The locker room is filled with soft cream puffs and it’s on Gase and Gregg Williams to weed them out, quickly and with great prejudice. Don’t start bellyaching when a pack of anonymous pussies get quoted by Manish complaining about how sad they are because Mean Adam benched one of their besties. It’s going to get messy soon. Deal with it.

Pretty much.  As far as judging Gase actually goes, I'll reserve my opinion for when he gets Sam back and how he handles the softer part of the schedule. This team, as constructed, is just not up to snuff.  What you're seeing right now is the start of an actual rebuild, not the half assed attempt that Maccagnan tried to sell us on.

• Upvote 2

Those players crying can walk out. What a bunch of cry babies. Everyone else in society is working hard to make ends meet. These morons are wearing multi million dollar watches in games and paying more fines for a hit than the average joe making a living. If they don't like being held accountable then go join Todd Bowles or Rex Ryans teams. Good Grief!!!!

We need a full rebuild. Start by signing some hard nosed UDFA's. Stop drafting D linemen. Find another D. Snack type or find a pebble like John Randle. Use the draft to get a game breaking WR, or a C or OT.

1 hour ago, EdReed22 said:

Brady would survive with those three starting and probably put one of them in the pro bowl.

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Every fan says that they want to see players held accountable, but then when the players start crying to the press about Gase exerting discipline, everyone is going to start crying about how Gase is so mean and that he can’t relate to those poor players. The locker room is filled with soft cream puffs and it’s on Gase and Gregg Williams to weed them out, quickly and with great prejudice. Don’t start bellyaching when a pack of anonymous pussies get quoted by Manish complaining about how sad they are because Mean Adam benched one of their besties. It’s going to get messy soon. Deal with it.

And when it does it's gonna be Maccagnan's fault and Mehta's fault.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Every fan says that they want to see players held accountable, but then when the players start crying to the press about Gase exerting discipline, everyone is going to start crying about how Gase is so mean and that he can’t relate to those poor players. The locker room is filled with soft cream puffs and it’s on Gase and Gregg Williams to weed them out, quickly and with great prejudice. Don’t start bellyaching when a pack of anonymous pussies get quoted by Manish complaining about how sad they are because Mean Adam benched one of their besties. It’s going to get messy soon. Deal with it.

Can't f**kin happen soon enough.

1 hour ago, EdReed22 said:

I think its a combination of old and scheme...  they are going to get blow out again this weekend....

All I can say its about fking time they starting kicking some underperforming players asses.  

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Addendum: TO THE ******* PATRIOTS

Eh, the 6th isn't something I am worried about.  Especially if DT can help Sam when he gets back.  I know JW is referring to Jalen Ramsey though, and I'm not trading a first for that nutjob.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jarvis Laundry wasn't an anonymous pussy. He went into Gase's office and asked if his role could be expanded some. Gase basically said i'm the boss, stfu and play. then got shipped out. You treat people that way, and it's gonna come back and bite you in the ass. great way to attract free agents. lol.

• Thumb Down 1

Doesn't it feel like forever since we held a player accountable? Gosh Todd Toilet Bowles and Rex Freaking Ryan held us back. I wonder if Mangini never got fired. Where this team would be today? Wasn't it his teams that drafted Mangold, Washington, Ferguson, Smith etc.

What we need a a Leon Washington on this team with all the short passes we throw. Why we even have Berrios. Why not bring back Kerley if we want fair catches.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

NOT true. Rex benched Sherry Rhodes.

1 minute ago, EdReed22 said:

I can't wait until the Browns miss the playoffs and O'Dell goes nuts and the Browns are a dump again. It's going to happen sooner or later. I am rooting for the Ravens to win that Division. I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengles finished in 2nd place once they get healthy.

Ravens are gonna kick their asses. Pitts may as well, their backup is ok. They just signed Kirk. 

Bengals???  i dunno.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Jarvis Laundry wasn't an anonymous pussy. He went into Gase's office and asked if his role could be expanded some. Gase basically said i'm the boss, stfu and play. then got shipped out. You treat people that way, and it's gonna come back and bite you in the ass. great way to attract free agents. lol.

cos, obviously we should have Landry as the standard...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Ravens are gonna kick their asses. Pitts may as well, their backup is ok. They just signed Kirk. 

Bengals???  i dunno.

Kirk who Cousins???? Demarcus and Kirk both suck in big games haha. Besides the Pats. I hate the effing cowboys and the Cinderella flavor of the month the Browns a lot. The Chiefs are my 2nd fav team to watch. I love Patric Mahones game so much. Wish we drafted him over Jamal.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

cos, obviously we should have Landry as the standard...

Watch how Landry acts once the Browns start losing games. He and O'dell act childish when things don't go their way. It's something about LSU minus Meatheu. All the late first round picks act childish.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ill be impressed when gase benches someone he brought in.  It doesnt take balls to bench macagnans guys.

They're all Macc's guys. The exception is Khalil who was the only possible upgrade that Douglas had at center, it was worth a shot but it looks like he has retired and just wanted one more paycheck.

Posters blaming Gase for the crapshow this roster of no talent quitters puts on is wrong. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers.

The bright side is that Gase/Dougles will hold players accountable and rid the roster of no talent quitters. We have a FQB in Sam to build a real team around. Give these guys 2 years and you'll see a drastically better team.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Kirk who Cousins???? Demarcus and Kirk both suck in big games haha. Besides the Pats. I hate the effing cowboys and the Cinderella flavor of the month the Browns a lot. The Chiefs are my 2nd fav team to watch. I love Patric Mahones game so much. Wish we drafted him over Jamal.

minkah kirkpatrick, they are going back to favoring their D, which is bad news for the HYPEBROWNS