What was your favorite NYJ football game you attended or watched

EdReed22

November 1981, just before thanksgiving, the Jets played Miami at Shea. They were 6-4-1 going in (after starting 0-3) and Miami was in first at 7-3-1.  Walking in to the stadium, we stated talking to folks on those long escalators about how we'd now see if we had a real team or not (after sooooo many years of mediocrity). The Jets were down by 6 going into the third quarter and could do nothing on offense. Todd was banged up with cracked ribs and it looked like it. Still down by 6 late in the 4Q, Todd took the team all the way to the 11 and then hit Barkum for a TD on a 4th down play.  

Would like to remember more details but it was along time ago, but still one of the very best days in Shea

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EdReed22 said:

Mine has to be the Monday Night Miracle. Jumbo Elliot catching a TD pass. I remember going to sleep late since I live out here on the west coast and couldn't wake up to go to school the next morning. What were your most memorable moments attending Jet games or watching them.

My 2nd favorite has to be when we beat the pats in the playoffs with Sean Green's go ahead TD and the other was spanking Payton Mannings Colts 41-0.

monday night miracle for sure.  i keep remember the look on jason taylor's face when the doltfins were up big and then when the jets won at the end.  it was priceless.

besides the surperbowl there were a couple of shootout type games.  i remember one in 72 (i think) when namath and johnny u put on a passing clinic and there were a coupe of games in the 80's when obrien bested marino.

2 games I went to stand out for me. 

Dec 2001.  Jets v Colts in Indy.  First game I ever took my son to.  Jets won 29-28 on TD pass from Testaverde to Becht in final minute.

Jan 2011. Wild Card playoff game, also in Indy where Folk won it in the final seconds

Man I must be really young, but the best game I’ve ever been to was the Week 2 Jets Pats game in ‘09. Rex had our D dialed in and we took it to them. Revis island started that day too.

The other big night as a Jets fan was beating them in Foxboro in the playoffs. This was the year that they were 14-2, had obliterated us 45-3 in the regular season, and were a shoe-in for the SB. And our D handed it to them. 

Loved every moment of that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jets vs Patriots 2010-2011 Divisional Round.

the best game and the proudest moment of my entire life as a sports fan.

Virtually our second  SB in the absence of another SB. 

So sad. 

But Sanchez and Braylon and Cotch and Holmes doing the Jet wing thing?

So great. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Mine has to be the Monday Night Miracle. Jumbo Elliot catching a TD pass. I remember going to sleep late since I live out here on the west coast and couldn't wake up to go to school the next morning. What were your most memorable moments attending Jet games or watching them.

My 2nd favorite has to be when we beat the pats in the playoffs with Sean Green's go ahead TD and the other was spanking Payton Mannings Colts 41-0.

Best game watched was the Jets beating the Pats in 2010 playoffs.

Best game I attended was the Jets beat down of the Colts 41-0 in the playoffs 2002.

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Virtually our second  SB in the absence of another SB. 

So sad. 

But Sanchez and Braylon and Cotch and Holmes doing the Jet wing thing?

So great. 

Oh man. That game sent chills down my spine. I’m 23 years old, so you have to understand, as a 15 year old freshman...this moment was my entire Jets fandom. We had gotten embarrassed 45-3 in the regular season and the emotions were running so high. They gave us no chance in hell and they came through.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Oh man. That game sent chills down my spine. I’m 23 years old, so you have to understand, as a 15 year old freshman...this moment was my entire Jets fandom. We had gotten embarrassed 45-3 in the regular season and the emotions were running so high. They gave us no chance in hell and they came through.

At NE, in Brady’s face, after Hard Knocks and Fat Rex and that whole team. 

Best Jet game in decades. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Favorite game I went to was last game of 2002.. when we crushed the packers after finding out that the dolphins lost to the patriots in ot after having a 9 point lead in 4 th quarter to give the jets a shot at getting in. The stadium went crazy when that was announced on the jumbo tron than we went out and spanked the packers....after that we crushed the colts. I was at both games. And has to be the best 2 week stretch at that stadium ever

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 3

The first year Bowels was the HC and we played the pats at home and won in OT.

Pat's won the toss and deferred.  Nobody in the stadium  understood it but I think the jets took it as an insult and they went down the field and scored a TD. The Pat's never touched the ball. Of course there were a lot of Pat fans at the game and the stunned look of disbelief  was priceless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1