What was your favorite NYJ football game you attended or watched

EdReed22

11 hours ago, CSNY said:

There are quite a few of them but the Jets - Packers game December of 1981 ranks way up there. I think they sacked Don Majkowski close to 10 times that game just an overall dominant performance 

You mean Lynn Dickey though we did beat Down majkowski and GB at home 10 years later.  

12 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Mine has to be the Monday Night Miracle. Jumbo Elliot catching a TD pass. I remember going to sleep late since I live out here on the west coast and couldn't wake up to go to school the next morning. What were your most memorable moments attending Jet games or watching them.

My 2nd favorite has to be when we beat the pats in the playoffs with Sean Green's go ahead TD and the other was spanking Payton Mannings Colts 41-0.

Monday night miracle was great to be at... Never left a game on such a high

Favorite games attended:

2010 div Rd at foxboro

2002 week 17 vs GB

1998 week 16 at Buffalo (clinched first every AFC East title)

1998 week 15 at Miami (clinched first playoff berth since 1991)

2002 WC game vs Indy

As great as the Monday night miracle was knowing how that season ended soured that game for me so I can't include it.

Favorites that I watched on TV:

1981 vs Miami(I was really little, these are some of my earlier memories)

1981 week 16 vs GB(clinched first playoff berth since 1969)

1981 at NYG

1982 1st Rd at Cincy

1982 2nd Rd at LA

1985 vs Cleveland (clinch playoff berth)

1991 week 17 at Miami (clinched first playoff berth since 1986)

2001 week 17 at Oakland

2002 week 16 at New England

2004 WC at SD

2009 div Rd at SD

2010 WC at Indy

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Favorite game I went to was last game of 2002.. when we crushed the packers after finding out that the dolphins lost to the patriots in ot after having a 9 point lead in 4 th quarter to give the jets a shot at getting in. The stadium went crazy when that was announced on the jumbo tron than we went out and spanked the packers....after that we crushed the colts. I was at both games. And has to be the best 2 week stretch at that stadium ever

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That was an amazing game to be at.

• Sympathy 2

Against the Pats at home ... Moss made a one handed grab right in front of me in the end zone ... And the Jets still handed the Pats a loss.

Then Monday night against the Dolphins where the Jets put up over 200 yds rushing and dominated the entire game.

Favorite watched ... Monday night Miracle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Favorite game I went to was last game of 2002.. when we crushed the packers after finding out that the dolphins lost to the patriots in ot after having a 9 point lead in 4 th quarter to give the jets a shot at getting in. The stadium went crazy when that was announced on the jumbo tron than we went out and spanked the packers....after that we crushed the colts. I was at both games. And has to be the best 2 week stretch at that stadium ever

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yup, was at both games. 

Best 2 week stretch ever. 

For GB, I remember complete strangers just hugging each other  in the parking lot walking into the stadium and the crowd being just one big love-fest.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lil Bit Special said:

Week 14, 1998... Against Seattle. Vinny Testaverde's QB sneak up the middle for the winning td.  Down 28-13 and we came back for the win. It was a great game and really gave me the hope that this team was for real and wasn't going to be Same Old Jets

Too funny, he didn’t score and for once we got a call! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You mean Lynn Dickey though we did beat Down majkowski and GB at home 10 years later.  

Yes you are correct and I was at that game as well. It was a game where you just knew that there was no way Bart Starrs coached Packers were going to win. The Walt Michaels coached Jets just controlled all facets of the game I believe the Jets win also helped the Giants get into the playoffs  if my memory serves. Other than the Super Bowl winner that was my favorite Jets team excellent D and strong running game boy do I long for those days 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

At NE, in Brady’s face, after Hard Knocks and Fat Rex and that whole team. 

Best Jet game in decades. 

Yup.  And it has been all downhill since.  I drove out to Pittsburgh for the Championship Game. the following week  Thought we had a real shot at that one.  Does not fit at all in this thread.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Too funny, he didn’t score and for once we got a call! 

My seats were under the overhang on field level, so we had TV's above our seats since we couldnt see the whole scoreboard/videoboard.

They were showing the tv feed and we saw the replays on how he didnt make it...  almost everyone in our section saw it and let out a groan as we were just waiting for the refs to change their mind on the spot of the ball... 

3 minutes ago, Lil Bit Special said:

My seats were under the overhang on field level, so we had TV's above our seats since we couldnt see the whole scoreboard/videoboard.

They were showing the tv feed and we saw the replays on how he didnt make it...  almost everyone in our section saw it and let out a groan as we were just waiting for the refs to change their mind on the spot of the ball... 

Where you been LBS?

Have seen you onboard in eons.

32 minutes ago, Lil Bit Special said:

Man, you look at replays today and he wasn't close.  Lol.  The only thing that broke the plane was the crown of his helmet. 

Best game ever live: 1968 AFL Championship game. 6 years old, I thought we'd be in every championship game.

Honorable mentions: November of 1971 vs. 49ers. Namath's return to the field after hurting his knee in a pre-season game against the Lions. Jets went down big when Namath came into the game I think around the 2nd quarter. Jets were down big, but Namath threw 3 TD passes to bring them back down 3, 24-21. End of the game saw Namath throw an INT to end the Jets hopes for the comeback. Other than being there for Joe's comeback, what made this game so memorable was the crowd. My parents had season tix section 10 midway in the upper deck, first time I ever felt the stadium physically moving and shaking. I also remember a bunch of 49ers coming up to Joe after the game to shake his hand. Best Jets loss I ever saw.

Last game of the 1981 season vs. the Packers. Other than the '68 AFL Championship game and the '85 game vs. the Bears at the Meadowlands, the coldest game I have ever been to. By the end of the 3rd quarter, couldn't feel my feet. Didn't care though, as the Jets mauled the Packers to clinch a playoff spot for the first time since the '69 season.

And the one that many I have also cited, the 51-45 win vs. the Dolphins.

5 hours ago, CSNY said:

Yes you are correct and I was at that game as well. It was a game where you just knew that there was no way Bart Starrs coached Packers were going to win. The Walt Michaels coached Jets just controlled all facets of the game I believe the Jets win also helped the Giants get into the playoffs  if my memory serves. Other than the Super Bowl winner that was my favorite Jets team excellent D and strong running game boy do I long for those days 

Yep, that's one of my earliest Jets memories (I posted that game in the classic clips thread).  The Jets hadn't been to the playoffs since 1969, the Giants since 1963 and the Jets win clinched playoff berths for both.  

Unfortunately they didn't come out ready to play on the same field a week later and a furious comeback fell a few yards short.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lil Bit Special said:

We didn't find out there was controversy until turning on the radio leaving the stadium.  For once we got a bad call our way and of course that play is why replay returned.

3 hours ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Jets vs Texans 2010

The people I was with wanted to leave the stadium after Houston scored, and I forced them to stay. Sanchez threw a bomb to Edwards and a beautiful fade to Holmes to win the game. Never seen the stadium so hyped.

What an incredible drive to win it.  I remember they showed all the people watching outside after leaving the stadium.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  And it has been all downhill since.  I drove out to Pittsburgh for the Championship Game. the following week  Thought we had a real shot at that one.  Does not fit at all in this thread.

I went to both NE and Pitt, it's hard to believe we haven't seen a playoff game since. I remember leaving Heinz Field thinking we have to get one of these championship games at home.  Ugghhh