What was your favorite NYJ football game you attended or watched

EdReed22

On 9/19/2019 at 7:18 PM, Big_Slick said:

Attended - 1968 AFL Championship game at Shea vs the hated Raiders.

Watched - SuperBowl III

Wow!  That must have been an awesome experience. I was 11 then, and the NFL had blackout rules. I remember having to point the TV antenna south to get the game on Philly NBC. Believe it was not available in NYC. Seems implausible now.

• Upvote 1

My first game I ever saw live was our last home playoff game...where we smoked Peyton Manning 41-0 at home. Still my favorite...crowd was so electric....thought that was the norm but I didn’t really understand how lowly of a franchise we were at that age, even though I started watching the Jets during the Neil O’Donnell Rich Kotite days ??‍♂️

• Upvote 2

I agree with the general consensus. 41-0 Penny vs. Colts..thing of unstoppable beauty. Monday night Miracle... I actually called my father at 1:30 in the morning ranting and he told me I was drunk never to call him this late again LOL. And obviously the "can't wait" game. Watching Brady sitting on his ass on the field in defeat as time expired. Priceless! I'd also like to give a nod to the first Fitzmagic season. The offense made some clutch plays and they were generally likeable characters on the team at that time. Mangold, Fitz the wide receivers, you could tell those guys were actually friends and they made it easy to root for them. My mom was losing her battle to cancer the time and we watched a lot of those games together.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I agree with the general consensus. 41-0 Penny vs. Colts..thing of unstoppable beauty. Monday night Miracle... I actually called my father at 1:30 in the morning ranting and he told me I was drunk never to call him this late again LOL. And obviously the "can't wait" game. Watching Brady sitting on his ass on the field in defeat as time expired. Priceless! I'd also like to give a nod to the first Fitzmagic season. The offense made some clutch plays and they were generally likeable characters on the team at that time. Mangold, Fitz the wide receivers, you could tell those guys were actually friends and they made it easy to root for them. My mom was losing her battle to cancer the time and we watched a lot of those games together.

❤️

• Sympathy 1

On 9/19/2019 at 7:11 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Monday Night Miracle was the best I saw on TV with the playoff victory vs. Pats being a close second. Us whooping up on Peyton Manning and the Colts in our last home playoff game was the best one I watched in person.

Everything this guy said, ditto for me. I also enjoyed 2015 Patriots Fitzmagic whoop azz game. 

• Upvote 1

Need to give 3 faves that I attended.

1. 1986 Jets 51, Dolphins 45....O'Brien vs. Marino in OT.  That was the game that made me a Jets fan.

2. 1998 Jets over Jacksonville at the Meadowlands in the Divisional Round.  I'll never forget the roar when the Jets came onto the field.  I'll also never forget hearing the announcer at the end of the game over the PA, "The Jets next game will be on Sunday when they face the Denver Broncos for the AFC Championship and a trip to the Super Bowl."

3. 2009 Jets over Chargers in Divisional Round in San Diego.  Huge group of Jets fans, met many guys from this board that night before in the Gaslamp district to party and then we held the tailgate of all tailgates for a visiting team in an opponent's parking lot.  It was epic.

Watched on TV...

Easily the Jets over the Patriots in Foxboro in the playoffs.  That was our pinnacle unfortunately.  The apex of the past 20 years and it's been an ugly ride down ever since.  I honestly feel like we've bottomed though now.  Better days ahead.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Need to give 3 faves that I attended.

1. 1986 Jets 51, Dolphins 45....O'Brien vs. Marino in OT.  That was the game that made me a Jets fan.

2. 1998 Jets over Jacksonville at the Meadowlands in the Divisional Round.  I'll never forget the roar when the Jets came onto the field.  I'll also never forget hearing the announcer at the end of the game over the PA, "The Jets next game will be on Sunday when they face the Denver Broncos for the AFC Championship and a trip to the Super Bowl."

3. 2009 Jets over Chargers in Divisional Round in San Diego.  Huge group of Jets fans, met many guys from this board that night before in the Gaslamp district to party and then we held the tailgate of all tailgates for a visiting team in an opponent's parking lot.  It was epic.

Watched on TV...

Easily the Jets over the Patriots in Foxboro in the playoffs.  That was our pinnacle unfortunately.  The apex of the past 20 years and it's been an ugly ride down ever since.  I honestly feel like we've bottomed though now.  Better days ahead.

I remember the logos on the video board showing the championship game matchup.  That was such a fun season.  That Jacksonville game is one of the few of the hundreds I have attended where you could feel the buzz long before the game.  An underrated game like that was the 2009 finale that got us into the playoffs.  That was one of the coldest games I could remember and the place was electric about an hour before the game.  I hope we have games like that again soon.