Let's tell the TRUTH....

NYJ1

This current disastrous opening to the season? Who's to blame?

THE COACHING STAFF

That's telling the truth. The blocking is horrendous and the offense can't get started. So who's to blame for that? Now, of course the players are partially to blame for this lack of communication on the line. But the blame starts at the top.

2 games now this has been going on. Did the coaching staff get it taken care of after the Buffalo opener? No. They smoothie problem to continue into the second game of the season.

We can talk all we'd like about holding the players accountable and I'll be right there with you. However, in this case this ALL goes back to the coaching staff? If Ryan Kalil is so bad WHY did he get to start when Jonathan Harrison was supposedly so much better? I think we should ask the COACHING STAFF why that happened.

Now I'm not ready to give up on this coaching staff, but if we are all about assigning blame where it belongs? Then the COACHING STAFF deserves the largest brunt of the criticism.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

THE COACHING STAFF

That's telling the truth. The blocking is horrendous and the offense can't get started. So who's to blame for that? Now, of course the players are partially to blame for this lack of communication on the line. But the blame starts at the top.

2 games now this has been going on. Did the coaching staff get it taken care of after the Buffalo opener? No. They smoothie problem to continue into the second game of the season.

We can talk all we'd like about holding the players accountable and I'll be right there with you. However, in this case this ALL goes back to the coaching staff? If Ryan Kalil is so bad WHY did he get to start when Jonathan Harrison was supposedly so much better? I think we should ask the COACHING STAFF why that happened.

Now I'm not ready to give up on this coaching staff, but if we are all about assigning blame where it belongs? Then the COACHING STAFF deserves the largest brunt of the criticism.

There isn't a single coaching staff in the league that can lose it's best player on defense, two of their three QBs, including the starter, with bottom of the barrel WRs, TEs, O lineman, Corners, edge rushers, and succeed.  Btw, Kalil was benched in the second half.

The only two people who are to blame for this disaster so far are Maccagnan and Chris Johnson for not firing him prior to free agency and the draft.  If we still look this bad against bad teams when Sam comes back, that's a different conversation for a different time.  Until then, I'm not gonna blame anyone other than the previously mentioned culprits for this mess.

***Edit***

Of course captain "playoff roster" buttfumbled this.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There isn't a single coaching staff in the league that can lose it's best player on defense, two of their three QBs, including the starter, with bottom of the barrel WRs, TEs, O lineman, Corners, edge rushers, and succeed.  Btw, Kalil was benched in the second half.

The only two people who are to blame for this disaster so far are Maccagnan and Chris Johnson for not firing him prior to free agency and the draft.  If we still look this bad against bad teams when Sam comes back, that's a different conversation for a different time.  Until then, I'm not gonna blame anyone other than the previously mentioned culprits for this mess.

The OL hasn't lost anyone they were going into the season with. Yet the blocking is so bad, it's gotten 3 QB's killed in 2 games. You can puss and moan all you'd like about the injury bug, but that's a constant potential disaster. If this OL actually knew who to block and didn't allow free rushers straight to the QB on every play, !maybe this rash of injuries wouldn't be as bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The OL hasn't lost anyone they were going into the season with. Yet the blocking is so bad, it's gotten 3 QB's killed in 2 games. You can puss and moan all you'd like about the injury bug, but that's a constant potential disaster. If this OL actually knew who to block and didn't allow free rushers straight to the QB on every play, !maybe this rash of injuries wouldn't be as bad.

Psst.

Who was the GM that constructed this OL when it was widely reported that Gase and Pollack wanted Mitch Morse and Paradis at Center?

Furthermore, what does the lack of OL depth have to do with bottom 5 WRs, TEs, Corners, Edge Rushers, and the injury to Mosely?  That's just one part of the problem.  Maccagnan left this staff with absolute trash.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Why hasn’t Gase fixed Kelvin Beachum yet I ask you 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Another Fire Gase/ Gase Sucks/  How can Gase be an Offensive Guru if his line looks like sh*t after 2 games with 3 QBs and losing one of their top 3 WR Threads... 

Oh Joy!!! This is a completely new take and absolutely needed to be top thread for 30 minutes before it gets buried like the 45 other threads that have said the exact same thing in the last 3 days 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Psst.

Who was the GM that constructed this OL when it was widely reported that Gase and Pollack wanted Mitch Morse and Paradis at Center?

And what does the lack of OL depth have to do with bottom 5 WRs, TEs, Corners, Edge Rushers, and the injury to Mosely?  That's just one part of the problem. 

This is lame. When does Mac finally get out of the dungeon? Adam Gase could have just as easily said, "Mike, we can't do this. We MUST have a CENTER." 

And even after that, what kind of CS allows free rushers coming at the QB on every single play? I've got news for you, there isn't a single team in the league that can operate an operate an offense that way.

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This is lame. When does Mac finally get out of the dungeon? Adam Gase could have just as easily said, "Mike, we can't do this. We MUST have a CENTER." 

And even after that, what kind of CS allows free rushers coming at the QB on every single play? I've got news for you, there isn't a single team in the league that can operate an operate an offense that way.

Lame?  Wtf?  When his mistakes stop hurting the team and the choices of others are the main culprits.  It was widely reported that Gase DID say something along those lines and Macc botching it was the first thing that started the friction between the two of them. 

What in the world do you expect them to do?  I'm telling you for the third time now that Maccagnan gave them a horrible offensive line to work with and you're utterly bewildered that this means that they're going to play poorly.  No coaching can help this bad talent.  That's the point.

Also, stop glancing over the WRs, TEs, Edge Rushers, etc. point because it's just as relevant as the O Line debacle. 

• Sympathy 3

58 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

THE COACHING STAFF

Issue is that certain thing unfortunately take a little bit of time. Kalil seemed to be supposedly an upgrade over Harrison. After 2 games they are seeing that probably isn't the case and Kalil may not be able to help other than be an expensive backup at Center. CB Johnson needed some time out there back with DC Williams to see if that old magic between them would work. Seemed good to me for the 1st 3 qtrs of the first game since he was decent, but then in the 4th qtr was again like last year playing 18 yards of the WRs. I guess he is so shell shocked to get beat he doesn't seem to know what bump and run means. And, we were taking a bit tool long to get someone who can kick a ball straight over 20 yards. These are all situations that require a little bit of evaluation time and we are now in a bad state since we A) are 0-2 both losses in the AFC. B) Have the next 4 games against NE twice and Eagles, Dallas, all extremely tough games. and C) Really need Darnold backup as the starter as ASAP just to continue to get him more exp. moving forward as well as the fact that he is as these coaches always say "Our best chance to win".

It's the pop warner team bruh..  theres no point placing blame.

I firmly believe the varsity team would be 2-0 at this point.

The o line play will improve as the season progresses.  People seem to have forgotten they didn't play together until 12 days ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Joe D gives the worst center in the league so far 10 million....

Jut Phan - I blame Macc

Pac: the line will play better when they gel, and then the varsity squad will show us Big Macc left us a playoff roster.

Also Pac: our starting center (part of the "varsity squad") is the worst in the league and Joe D is to blame even though it's an incentive laden contract that it's looking like he won't earn at this rate and Joe was basically forced to give out because Jon Harrison was Big Maccccccs center of choice.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

THE COACHING STAFF

well, the buck does stop with the coaches.  but just remember that the coaches can only do so much with the players.  also remember it takes time for an oline to get itself sorted out and they didn't play much together in the preseason.  i'm pretty sure they'll get much better in the next few games.  the only issue is whether or not the jets can steal a few wins in the meantime.

• Upvote 1

Firstly Gase needs to straighten out the O line. We have players there - coach them, change the scheme to make it simpler or just block man on man but do some kind of coaching to fix the line. Secondly mix up the play calling. Pass when they think we are gonna run - run when they are thinking we are gonna pass. Misdirection! Misdirection! Misdirection! The defense is playing about as well as they can with having no offense. This is mostly on Gase imo - he coaches the offense and last I checked the O Line falls under offense. Fix it so at least we put a head on a head - can't keep letting free runners to the QB.

• Upvote 1