AB Attempted to Intimidate/Harass Latest Accuser Via Text

jvill 51

She's an "artist", he hired her and then hit on her, and she didn't go for it. Walking around his own house barely dressed is odd, but again, not criminal. she did not say she fled in a huff of disgust either. And now they're in a dispute over money. Even if he did text her, possible he was looking to settle this, among his many headaches. And even if he was cursing her out in the course of a business relationship gone bad, not criminal. Brown is clearly not joining MENSA, but that's not criminality. He may be a bad guy, but this is a media pile on. 

starting to wonder if one of these stories every year is part of goodalls growth plan - "any publicity is good publicity"?

why give this dude a stage? and now there are a collection of these dudes who have something to say about the latest story, they even had OJ comment on AB - stranger than fiction

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

I’m sure if Robert Kraft knew about this before the Patriots signed AB he never would have agreed to sign him. Such a shame his hands are now tied and nothing can be done to prevent AB from playing/being associated with such a classy franchise.

Kraft is so stressed out by this that he has increased the frequency of his Korean massage parlor visits.

51 minutes ago, Bugg said:

She's an "artist", he hired her and then hit on her, and she didn't go for it. Walking around his own house barely dressed is odd, but again, not criminal. she did not say she fled in a huff of disgust either. And now they're in a dispute over money. Even if he did text her, possible he was looking to settle this, among his many headaches. And even if he was cursing her out in the course of a business relationship gone bad, not criminal. Brown is clearly not joining MENSA, but that's not criminality. He may be a bad guy, but this is a media pile on. 

She isn't looking for any money.  She was only looking to corroborate his odd behavior.  He then attempted to intimidate her (in text messages which is extremely unintelligent) which is forbidden under the personal conduct policy.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, Bugg said:

It represents a pattern of inappropriate behavior on AB’s end, and a lot of times women don’t speak up about these instances until other similar actions  are brought to light.

while his initial come on might not qualify as criminal .. although certainly as entitled.. certainly his follow up intimidation texts should be a major concern for the league. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Guys an Ass hat with the maturity of a 12 year old! that said I didnt see a threat in those texts, just him calling her a liar and poor as hell. 

What is the non "now look what you're in for" reason for brown to include the woman on those group texts? 

What goal is he accomplishing by adding her so she can see the texts, other than trying to intimidate her? 

• Upvote 4

Look, i have the dude on my fantasy team (last year of a keeper contract from before he went crazy) so it would personally be better for me if he keeps playing all year. But this is legitimately crazy and worrisome and clearly violates the NFL's personal conduct policy. He should be placed on the Commissioners exempt list ASAP

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

My daughters have one of those drawers.  That is where my phone comes from. 

Hell yeah, my wife and I always end up with the I phones my kids replace. I’ve never taken an upgrade on my plan ever. Someone else always takes it. People ask me, “what model is that?” I’m like,” it’s Joeys old phone!” 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Sending someone photos of their kids is probably enough without the call to “investigate” her/them.

Absolutely.  There is no other way to interpret that other than a threat and ot could be a treat you physically harm or accost them in person

Why else would you need to know what they look like

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

All civil not criminal which actually limits Goddell power.  AB  is a tool and immature, but with great talent comes great exemptions to rules.

He's punished players for civil acts before and often.  And this comment is stupid and moronic and is exactly why I dont watch the NFL if the Jets arent playing.

I assume you're a Pats fan? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

What is the non "now look what you're in for" reason for brown to include the woman on those group texts? 

What goal is he accomplishing by adding her so she can see the texts, other than trying to intimidate her? 

hEY i CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT MY 12 YEAR OLD SON THINKING EITHER! LOL that said I have no idea.  Man is so dumb its scary! He will be unemployed by next year, if not earlier.  (Also this nullifies his contract with NE as they wrote in "any conduct that brings bad light to the coach,the team, or ownership.. so the idiot could lose 10 Million. 

Just now, JiF said:

He's punished players for civil acts before and often.  And this comment is stupid and moronic and is exactly why I dont watch the NFL if the Jets arent playing.

I assume you're a Pats fan? 

First I read that on Bleacher Report that Godell powers were limited since it was a civil case, thus why he is NOT on the Commish exempt list.  (Thus greatly limiting his power during the investigation by the NFL)

The comment if you like it or not is true.  The NFL is notorious for not punishing the big names unless it gets a ton of media scrutiny. I personally dislike AB and felt he was a moron since his video in the Steelers locker room years ago. Amazing top 3 WR talent with a 12 yr old maturity level.