Mike135

What are the odds the Jets win? $50 = $2,100+

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Last time I placed a bet was week 1 last season.  When Jets were big underdogs to Lions.  Won big because places match your deposit and great odds.

For the hell of it I just put $50 on the Jets.  The house gave me $100 credit.  So $150 total bet on a 1425 line.  Possible payout of over $2,100 on a $50 bet.  

$50 is a tank of gas.  Why not?

Falk looked decent.  AB may be suspended.  Just sayin'...

Still counting the cash I won for the Jets Steelers in Rex's last year here. Big Ben coming off of back to back 6TD games, the Jets mired in one of their typical terrible seasons with a lame duck coach and GM. The spread was ridiculous given that we still had a good D, and the injury report listed the Steelers G and C as doubtful early in the week. As figured, those two sat, and Pitt's O imploded under Rex's blitzes.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

+1. Still counting the cash I won for the Jets Steelers in Rex's last year here. Big Ben coming off of back to back 6TD games, the Jets mired in one of their typical terrible seasons with a lame duck coach and GM. The spread was ridiculous given that we still had a good D, and the injury report listed the Steelers G and C as doubtful early in the week. As figured, those two sat, and Pitt's O imploded under Rex's blitzes.

Nice!  Yeah occassionally (like once a year or 2) when I see crazy odds, I figure "why not?"

After hearing the AB latest news, that was enough of a variable for me.  Maybe it disrupts the Pats and the Jets go all out trying to avoid 0-3 with a bye week coming up.

Likely?  Hell no.  But a payout at 40+ times my deposit.  Screw it.

I don't know if I could pull the trigger on a bet for them to win... But I don't think betting on them to cover is a crazy bet at all... It's insanely high and unlike the Dolphins I think the Jets are going to actually try.

But like you said, for a tank of gas why not? Stranger things have happened in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Nice!  Yeah occassionally (like once a year or 2) when I see crazy odds, I figure "why not?"

After hearing the AB latest news, that was enough of a variable for me.  Maybe it disrupts the Pats and the Jets go all out trying to avoid 0-3 with a bye week coming up.

Likely?  Hell no.  But a payout at 40+ times my deposit.  Screw it.

I like the thinking and I'm generally a sucker for these kinds of bets, but I'm not touching this one. Even with AB out, the Pats have no weaknesses, and the Jets only strengths outside of Leveon are injured. Pats wont cover, but they also aren't going to lose.

This game has 44-3 written all over it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

there is a way more financial upside in betting AGAINST the Jets

and if you lack the stones to make that bet you don't belong betting at all. It's about being objective.

betting on What you want to happen is Square Biz.

they call it dumb money for a reason 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I like the thinking and I'm generally a sucker for these kinds of bets, but I'm not touching this one. Even with AB out, the Pats have no weaknesses, and the Jets only strengths outside of Leveon are injured. Pats wont cover, but they also aren't going to lose.

Yeah.  Can't argue with that.  Crazier things have happened though.

Figure maybe I'm just trying to generate some fun given the crappy start and upcoming bye week.

15 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I don't know if I could pull the trigger on a bet for them to win... But I don't think betting on them to cover is a crazy bet at all... It's insanely high and unlike the Dolphins I think the Jets are going to actually try.

But like you said, for a tank of gas why not? Stranger things have happened in the NFL. 

I try to avoid getting into spreads and all that.  Slippery slope.  Just the occassional "crazy" bet.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there is a way more financial upside in betting AGAINST the Jets

and if you lack the stones to make that bet you don't belong betting at all. It's about being objective.

betting on What you want to happen is Square Biz.

they call it dumb money for a reason 

Would you have said the same week 1 vs Detroit last year?  Similar odds.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It's a good question. 

I don't have to guess what I thought last year. It's in the journal. 

So Week 1... let's go to the sheet...  I always start the bankroll super slow cause there's no real data week 1...

this was literally a 10 dollar bet at the AC Oceans... DET -6.5  

my pre-bet notes were "Besides the Jets' starting a rookie QB in his first start ever, the Jets' defense sucks bad. "
I lost the bet

these were my post bet notes 

"Wrong on all counts. Stafford looked like the rookie. Need to rewatch my body wasn't ready. "

So... yeah I've been wrong before... the worst was taking CLE -1.5 and they win don't cover week 3... but most weeks betting against the Jets was a winning strategy. 

This week I won't lie-  the 20+ points worry me - professional divisional NFL games shouldn't be 20 point spreads - but on the other hand I want like 40 points before I feel confident in a cover. the Jets aren't a presentable football team right now running into a buzzsaw 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

It's a good question. 

I don't have to guess what I thought last year. It's in the journal. 

So Week 1... let's go to the sheet...  I always start the bankroll super slow cause there's no real data week 1...

this was literally a 10 dollar bet at the AC Oceans... DET -6.5  

my pre-bet notes were "Besides the Jets' starting a rookie QB in his first start ever, the Jets' defense sucks bad. "
I lost the bet

these were my post bet notes 

"Wrong on all counts. Stafford looked like the rookie. Need to rewatch my body wasn't ready. "

So... yeah I've been wrong before... the worst was taking CLE -1.5 and they win don't cover week 3... but most weeks betting against the Jets was a winning strategy. 

This week I won't like the 20+ points worry me but on the other hand I want like 40 points. they aren't a presentable football team right now running into a buzzsaw 

Interesting.  Yeah I'm not a regular betting guy.  So there's not much experience or logic here.  Just a random fun bet.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

A tank of gas is pretty useful, gets you places like work , school, the tittie bar etc. Setting your money on fire I guess is entertaining at least.

The Detroit game last year got me plenty of tank fulls.  I can lose one.

36 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Last time I placed a bet was week 1 last season.  When Jets were big underdogs to Lions.  Won big because places match your deposit and great odds.

For the hell of it I just put $50 on the Jets.  The house gave me $100 credit.  So $150 total bet on a 1425 line.  Possible payout of over $2,100 on a $50 bet.  

$50 is a tank of gas.  Why not?

Falk looked decent.  AB may be suspended.  Just sayin'...

the money line was like -5000 for the pats and 1500 for the Jets.   that is a spread you can drive a truck thru.  wow.

• Upvote 1

No matter how good the jets play and no matter how bad the pats play the pats will win due to refs.

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You would have been better throwing the $50 out the window.

This is more fun.

Edit:  slightly 

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

last year seems like a better odds but not sure if i am looking at revision history.  i don't think we only had a 6% chance to win last year.

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

A tank of gas is pretty useful, gets you places like work , school, the tittie bar etc. Setting your money on fire I guess is entertaining at least.

i prefer "Titties" versus "tittie"

16 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

the spread was 6.5 last year according to bit.  no way you were getting the same odds.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

the spread was 6.5 last year according to bit.  no way you were getting the same odds.

Could have sworn it was higher.  But the 3-to-1 house match also might have played a big role in my thinking.

Like I said I don't bet often.  So making around 10 times my risked bet seems hight to me.

I don't doubt a vet like Bit though.

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

I only see +1400 on my site.  If someone gave me +2500 I would bet it lol

When they give you a 200% bonus, it's like +4500.

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Where you getting that? PointsBet?

Yup.  Couldn't use any cards or banks though.  Kept being blocked.

Had to go to a 7-11.  Then it took 10 minutes to register the deposit.  Finally had to chat with em to get the PLAYNJ promo.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Bodog thanks you for your donation

Lol wasn't bodog.

Disclaimer:  I owe no one money if you make this same nutty bet.

However I'll gladly accept a 10% commission if it wins.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Yup.  Couldn't use any cards or banks though.  Kept being blocked.

Had to go to a 7-11.  Then it took 10 minutes to register the deposit.  Finally had to chat with em to get the PLAYNJ promo.

Lol did you buy a visa gift card to upload it?

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Lol wasn't bodog.

haha, well the point stands for whichever "house" we are talking about

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol did you buy a visa gift card to upload it?

Nope.  The deposit locally option.  I was in a 7-11 parking lot at the time.  It searched for a spot by my location and said I was 0.0 miles away.

Figured it was fate.

Site gave me a barcode and 7-11 scanned it.