How to Survive Without Darnold and Win Patriots Week and Shock the World and Not Stop Believing

Vader

Just now, Irish Jet said:

It isn’t happening. Not a member of the Jets will believe it is either.

We’re a mediocre team at best with horrific depth and injuries against a good healthy team with depth.

Keeping it within 17 points would be impressive for me.

Any Given Sunday.

why not? Maybe unlikely but this is the chance to turn things around and quick

no one thinks after 2 games a season is over. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

yeah man, people are jsut over reacting...cause they looked so good and we conversely looked so bad. 

But we have the peieces and all the guys who yeah not best in the league but all good players...

Key is game plan and that my firend scares me, because Gase has shown no capability in two weeks.

This guys is going to throw to bell in there, run in the box, give him no space and say we needed to execute.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah man, people are jsut over reacting...cause they looked so good and we conversely looked so bad. 

But we have the peieces and all the guys who yeah not best in the league but all good players...

Key is game plan and that my firend scares me, because Gase has shown no capability in two weeks.

This guys is going to throw to bell in there, run in the box, give him no space and say we needed to execute.

Gase has to come up with the game plan that will save the season and his career 

incentive enough?

• Upvote 2

I'd rather tank for the top spot in the draft, then trade down, pick up future picks and start drafting Olineman. 

Shocking the world is only going to last for a could days, then things will be back to what it's always been. So all shocking the world will do is mess up our draft spot. 

Olinemen, pass rushers, wide receivers cornerbacks. 

Those four positions are more important at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'd rather tank for the top spot in the draft, then trade down, pick up future picks and start drafting Olineman. 

Shocking the world is only going to last for a could days, then things will be back to what it's always been. So all shocking the world will do is mess up our draft spot. 

Olinemen, pass rushers, wide receivers cornerbacks. 

Those four positions are more important at the moment. 

Except that’s the MO every year. 

Maybe let’s rearrange the furniture and change the Feng shui 

Just now, Vader said:

Except that’s the MO every year. 

Maybe let’s rearrange the furniture and change the Feng shui 

Because the same thing is done every year. 

We havent drafted a 1st round Olineman since 2006, a 2nd rounder since 2010. That's flagrantly irresponsible. 

If the problem is identified, then we should stop rearranging the furniture and fix the foundation of the house. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Pats are averaging just under 40 points a game. If they're having o-line issues it sure doesn't show. 

You know who's having o-line issues? The Jets.

They played 2 weak defensive teams steelers are not as good as the should be and miami is a high school team

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because the same thing is done every year. 

We havent drafted a 1st round Olineman since 2006, a 2nd rounder since 2010. That's flagrantly irresponsible. 

If the problem is identified, then we should stop rearranging the furniture and fix the foundation of the house. 

You don’t win Super Bowls drafting 1st round OL. You win by drafting 3-6 round OL.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Winning this week is completely unrealistic.  Get a grip. 

SAR I

SAR I 

I think you are wrong on this one. 

BB was clearly agitated in todays presser. 

The team is in turmoil this AB situation ruined the entire game plan, they practiced with him all week at WR. 

The NY Jets not only shock NE but the entire NFL by beating them on Sunday. 

Adam Gase has had good results vs NE throughout his entire career. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Our only chance is to play everyone up. Give Brady the deep ball. Give it to him all game. Play the run and play the short pass all game and give him the long pass. Sure he's gonna hit a few but he will also throw an INT or 2. He's not the long passer he used to be. If we give him the short stuff they will drive us to death. Make him beat us long.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Vader said:

If we go 0-16 he is not coming back 

Wanna bet? Gase and ownership will claim the 0-16 was good because they got the #1 draft pick. Those idiots will spin it anyway they can. Oh, and if we do get the #1 pick next year, we'll draft a first-rate waterboy because our "football people" said that was the way to go ..  of course, Woody and Chris won't argue with that because they know next to nothing about the game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Beat the sh*t out of them.

You're probably going to lose anyway, so take the penalties, and get your shots in. Maybe, just maybe you can abuse them into making enough mistakes where the penalty cost of the abuse will be worth it, and we'll have a shot. Who knows. 

We do know that pussy-footing around this team always ends up resulting in our mistakes putting points on the board for them. Every team does this, really.

It would be worth the fines. Crowd fund the payments after the game. 

Give Wesco ten carries as a FB early - that might soften the mf's up a bit for Laveon.

• Upvote 2