Nate Hairston v. Trumaine Johnson

maury77

3 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

I don't doubt that Hairston is better than TJ, who has clearly gotten lazy since he got PAID.  However, very small sample sizes here on Hairston.  If he can keep this up, he'll be a very nice find.

I think they are right, and it’s more than lazy. He gotten old and slow, it’s what killed the great Revi$.

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

Here is a video breaking down the 2. It looks like the Jets might have a keeper in Hairston. 

nice.

He stood out to me last week. He played the ball and looked smooth. Good technique.... I hate to say it, but i didn't even really remember him on the roster. 

Interested to see him over the course of the year

• Sympathy 1

In two weeks everyone will be screaming Hairston sucks. Because he does. He didn't miraculously become good last Monday.

Johnson is a much better CB. Coach him up and put him back out there. Like it or not we paid him a ton of money to play here because he's supposedly a good football player. This CS can't start burying guys one game into the season on a team as bad as this one.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

In two weeks everyone will be screaming Hairston sucks. Because he does. He didn't miraculously become good last Monday.

Johnson is a much better CB. Coach him up and put him back out there. Like it or not we paid him a ton of money to play here because he's supposedly a good football player. This CS can't start burying guys one game into the season on a team as bad as this one.

Johnson sucks. He’s been bad since before we gave him $70 million. You don’t keep playing a guy because he got paid.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Johnson sucks. He’s been bad since before we gave him $70 million. You don’t keep playing a guy because he got paid.

Fool me once...Revis Part II...fool me twice...Trumaine Johnson.

Macc should have been fired right after this signing.

Because Macc was such a pussy drafter with zero balls he took the concensus pick (Jamal Adams), instead of Marcus Lattimore. 

Now you tell me, would the Jets be better off right now with Lattimore & a couple cheaper free agent safeties, even older veterans that were available or with Adams & a 70 million dollar USELESS SLOW CB that was benched in the 2nd game of this year & hurt pretty much all of last year?  

Top of the draft = PREMIUM POSITIONS. I like QW but it's already looking like Josh Allen should have been the pick, TOP OF THE DRAFT = PREMIUM POSITIONS. 

If that phrase was a New York Jet mantra as it is with many posters on this board than this team would look a lot different today. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Lol he's been objectively terrible since joining the Jets. What games are you watching?

Yeah but what happens two week after that? Then what will we do?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Have you been watching? TJ has been AWFUL ever since he signed his contract. He has yet to have a single even decent game as a Jet. I'm certain Greg Williams has been dealing with this turd since he got here. This is a bigger fleecing of the Jets than Mo Wilkerson was after signing his contract. I'm done with him and I hope the CS continues to go with others.

2 hours ago, M_Sully said:

Johnson was a marginal athlete coming out of college at age 22. Now 29 in his 8th season he shouldn’t even be in the NFL. He’s slow, lacks explosiveness and agility. He’s arguably the worst FA signing this team has ever made. 

No that would be Ed Reed. Followed by Chris Johnson. Thanks Rex, Idzik.

5 hours ago, TNJet said:

No that would be Ed Reed. Followed by Chris Johnson. Thanks Rex, Idzik.

They’re similar in that they were players past their prime, but neither measure up to Trumaine Johnson’s contract. Reed got a 1 yr, vet minimum and Chris Johnson’s deal was essentially a one yr deal as well. 

1 hour ago, M_Sully said:

They’re similar in that they were players past their prime, but neither measure up to Trumaine Johnson’s contract. Reed got a 1 yr, vet minimum and Chris Johnson’s deal was essentially a one yr deal as well. 

Terrible players at the time though...starting based on their past.

13 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Guess so but no one knew he would suck when we signed him. I was for it actually. Regret it now.

There are very few instances when I agree with market setting free agent contracts. Trumaine Johnson was not one of those instances.