Checking out the latest mock draft

AL047

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-four-quarterbacks-go-in-the-first-round-but-none-to-the-dolphins/

team logo
Georgia • Jr • 6'5" / 320 lbs
In this case, it was not the offensive line's fault Darnold is missing games. New York has made a big investment in their quarterback and Darnold looks every bit the part of a franchise quarterback despite struggling in Week 1. Thomas is capable of playing tackle or guard at the next level and the Jets could use him regardless. Rushing for more than 3.4 yards per carry is probably something that intrigues Le'Veon Bell.

Has anyone seen any of the 2020 NFL mock drafts? In this one the Jets are drafting a olineman a tackle with the 5th pick in the first round. Yes, they do need a olineman as well as a pass rushing OLB, a CB, a ILB, a WR and a DE. All these positions are a dire need for the Jets and they need depth at certain positions.

Douglas the GM has his hands full this off season when making decisions. He has to cut players on this team and he will have to get players thru free agency to fill in the gaps that Maccagnan left undone. He is seeing first hand at all the problems the Jets have and none of it is Gase's fault or Greg Williams.  Gase's offense can't function without a working oline that can block and protect Darnold and Williams can't find a OLB that can get to the QB or CB's that can cover opposing WRs and TE. 

Right now this team is falling apart and it shows that Maccagnan did a poor job selecting players from the draft and free agency. The Jets should forget about the season and the playoffs and concentrate on rebuilding. Darnold and whoever is the backup QB will not survive the entire season and the defense will get exposed every day.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Would love to see us pick up Andrew Thomas and then grab Calvin Throckmorton who Mario Cristobal has slotted into 4 OL positions at Oregon.  He's starting at C today against Stanford.  I think that's where he'll probably play in the NFL.  We make those picks and they could be the key players on our line for the next decade, 

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Would love to see us pick up Andrew Thomas and then grab Calvin Throckmorton who Mario Cristobal has slotted into 4 OL positions at Oregon.  He;s starting at C today against Stanford.  I think that's where he'll probably play in the NFL.  We make those picks and they could be the key players on our line for the next decade, 

Thoughts on the guy he’s filling in for C Jake Hanson? 

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Thoughts on the guy he’s filling in for C Jake Hanson? 

He'll also play in the NFL but I don't think he has the upside that Throck has.  Calvin comes and the blocking gets noticably better.  His versatility makes him valuable at other positions too. Cristobal is bonkers for guys like that since he keeps so many starting caliber lineman ready.  I don't know if Mario was the best position coach at Bama but he knows how to identify NFL talent as well as anybody.

• Upvote 1

Lol at a mock draft after week two...and he doesn't have the Fins taking a QB at #1....although his write up says:

No quarterback will surprise people here but I warned everyone earlier this week that I would not put a quarterback here right now. 

So in other words, you believe the Fins will take a QB #1, #1 but you're just not going to put it in your mock right this second.

That's just ******* asinine.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Lol at a mock draft after week two...and he doesn't have the Fins taking a QB at #1....although his write up says:

So in other words, you believe the Fins will take a QB #1, #1 but you're just not going to put it in your mock right this second.

That's just ******* asinine.

The Fins are so bad they have the luxury of waiting for a shot at Trevor Lawrence. I wouldn’t want to be stuck going 4-12 with and overrated Tua, then having to beclown myself the next year by taking another QB #1. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Fins are so bad they have the luxury of waiting for a shot at Trevor Lawrence. I wouldn’t want to be stuck going 4-12 with and overrated Tua, then having to beclown myself the next year by taking another QB #1. 

What if the Dolphins are so bad that Lawrence refuses to play for them?

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

My god,,, to have a elite Georgia bulldog on the Jets would be so awesome. This guy is going to be a STUDDDDD. I love everything about Andrew Thomas. He’s the clear cut best LT in a long time. Yes I said it. Watch a UGA game. This kid is nasty.

I will be watching the ND GA game tonight, so I will see him.

• Upvote 3