***OFFICIAL JETS VS. PATRIOTS GAME THREAD***

T0mShane

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, just maybe, this is the game that Brady goes down & doesn't get back up. 22 point underdogs with 3rd string QB beat the Patriots.

But the headline would be JETS BEAT BRADYLESS PATRIOTS.

Forget about the Jets playing with like 6 starters out including their QB. 

We're obviously getting beat, most people can't remember who the Pats have lost to in Gillette during the regular season, including Pats fans it's so damn rare. Could you imagine taking your kids to a professional football game & guaranteeing them they'll see the team win?

Thats pretty much what it's like for Pats fans the last 18 years. 

I understand it's wrong to wish injury on anyone but with the Patriots is it wrong? This organization has been thumbing its nose at every team in the league for 18 years now. 

Remember Kraft in 2001 & his PATRIOTS WAY bullsh*t? "We're all Patriots"

No Bob, we're not. People hated the Yankees because they were winners, it's understandable, but the Patriots have been nothing but cheaters. Bradys ACL in 2008 completely changed the game from that point on. The BRADY RULE was put into affect. Pretty much the Brady rule is you can't touch great QBs in this league. But if your QBs big & mobile, Big Ben, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, well, have at it. Remember the brush of his face mask in the AFCCG? 15 yards, changed the game. Now we even hear of Refs telling guys to stay off Brady, refs fist bumping him in games.

The ENTIRE NATION outside of New England DESPISES this team with the heat of a thousand Suns. Everything slants downhill for this team. They roll through the playoffs with nary a penalty on their Oline. Brady stands in an 8' pocket delivering passes. You watch Redzone & every other QB is running for his life or getting thrown to the turf. Scarnechia is not just a great Oline coach, he's a magical wizard that can turn Wayne Hunter into Orlando Pace. 

This latest Brown debacle, just another in the latest of this evil empires snub of Goodell & the NFLs reputation they falsely hold onto as a league for justice. Hell yea, we'll suspend a guy for smoking a joint, but rape or breaking your kids arm? Nah. 

I have nothing but ill will for anyone donning the red white & blue for the Patriots. Every guy that goes down on that team from today through the season will bring a small joker like grin to my face. I don't want anything gruesome, just the usual miss the season, nothing a great surgeon can't fix stuff. I honestly don't think I can stomach a season of this team heading for 16-0 & vying for another Super Bowl. 

Its getting old & boring the living sh*t out of me. If there is a Voodoo doctor Saints fan out there please, please start twisting those damn dolls, starting with Brady & Edelman. Enjoy the game everybody.

• Upvote 1

2 things I want to see out of today's game:

- Our offensive minded head coach has to find some semblance of a competent offense.  Mason Rudolph came in for Ben last week and threw 2 TD passes against Seattle.  We all know what Gardner Minshew has done in Jax.  I want to see something out this Falk-led offense mor than just a bunch of yards in garbage time.  Protect him, let him make a couple of plays.  Score a couple TDs.  Put up  at least 17 points.  Not asking a lot.  But not sure they can do it.

- Hit Brady.  Hit him hard and hit him often.  Their Starting C and LT are on IR.  Their starting RT is questionable.  Gregg Williams has to find a way to dial up some pressure on Brady.  Hit him early and often.

These two things happen, and I will be happy with this game regardless of final score.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Daniel Jeremiah scouting report on Falk. Crazy high praise. Only drawback: doesn’t have the cannon arm.

If Luke Falk had entered the 2017 

NFL Draft, I believe he would've been selected at some point in the first two rounds. He elected to return to Washington State for his senior campaign, though, and I believe he made the right decision. There's plenty to love about his game, but I thought an extra year at the collegiate level would increase his chances of having a long, successful NFL career. Here's my scouting report for the Cougars QB.

Click through tabs above to see other scouting reports.

Luke Falk, senior quarterback, Washington State

Height, weight: 6-foot-4, 225 pounds (school measurements)

2016 statistics: 443-of-633 (70 percent) for 4,468 yards, 38 TDs, 11 INTs.

Game tape watched: Boise State (Sept. 10, 2016), Idaho (Sept. 17, 2016), Minnesota (Dec. 27, 2016).

What I liked: Falk operates with excellent poise. He never looks flustered and he shows a complete command of coach Mike Leach's offensive system. While much will be mentioned about the lack of production for some of the top QBs in the country, Falk doesn't have that issue. His career stats are eye-popping.

Falk operates in the shotgun and he is quick to scan and throw with anticipation. Although he plays in an Air Raid offense, he does read the entire field. He has a very quiet lower body (calm, firm base) and a smooth release. He has tremendous touch at all three levels. Leach gives him a lot of responsibility in the offense and he has handled it extremely well. 

NFL image

•  

Where he needs to improve: Falk doesn't possess a huge arm. It hasn't been a big issue for Falk because he is so adept at throwing with anticipation. However, he does need to add some RPMs to his throws and it has been reported that he's added weight/strength during the offseason. He's a functional athlete, capable of avoiding the free rusher, but he isn't much of a threat as a ball carrier. Fair or unfair, he will have to answer questions about the lack of success Air Raid QBs have had at the next level. I think he'll be given more responsibility to make calls at the line of scrimmage this season and that should ease some of those concerns. 

Biggest takeaway: Falk was smart to return to school for his senior season. I doubt he would've started as an NFL rookie this fall, and he's guaranteed to get thousands of reps (practices/games) at Washington State. I've had a chance to visit with him and I came away very impressed. He reminds me a lot of Kirk Cousins. Both guys played a lot of football in college (4-year players) and helped elevate their programs. They are also both very mature and respected by coaches and teammates. If Falk can add a little strength, I think he's going to be a long-term starter at the next level.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Daniel Jeremiah scouting report on Falk. Crazy high praise. Only drawback: doesn’t have the cannon arm.

Biggest knock on him from what I recall watching him at Wash State is the he does not get rid of the ball quickly enough.  Saw some of that last week as well.  THere were times when the pocket broke down too quicly for him to do anything, but other times he just held the ball too long when he had time to throw.  He has to know when to get rid of the ball, throw it away and avoid the negative yardage.

• Upvote 1

Four teams favored by 20 points or more have lost the game outright since 1957. Not surprisingly, the Jets accounted for two of those, both in their 1968 championship season . Joe Namath threw five interceptions apiece in losses to the Broncos (+22) and Bills (+20).

Unfortunately, the Pats are not QB’d by a reckless joe namath. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s not inconceivable that Belichick slow-walks this one and Gase props up Falk enough to make it respectable. Gase’s Miami teams played the Pats tough, so maybe he can get the team to hang in for a while. 

Pats: 33

Jets 24

Phil - how is this NOT bannable?? Take him out and we can at least claim 1 win today!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1