Jump to content

Third Down Play Calling


Barry McCockinner
 Share

Recommended Posts

Weak sauce.

I understand third and long is a difficult situation. That doesn't mean you have to concede the down. Gase plays these situations WAY too conservatively.

 

You can never concede the ball facing a high powered offense. Aggression is necessary in the NFL. You must attempt to push the ball downfield even when the defense knows it's coming.

I can't stand pussbag coaches!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Some might actually try.

Wonder how long we’ll have to be this bad to convince the Gase homers.

Not a Gase homer, but not ignoring that he's coaching garbage either.

He does not want to win just enough to keep us sucking.

He wants to clean house and have a chance to build a winner with Douglas.

Obviously everybody knew working with Macc was not getting it done.

Unfortunately the owner knew it too late and so this year we are stuck with this crap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Not a Gase homer, but not ignoring that he's coaching garbage either.

He does not want to win just enough to keep us sucking.

He wants to clean house and have a chance to build a winner with Douglas.

Obviously everybody knew working with Macc was not getting it done.

Unfortunately the owner knew it too late and thid year we are stuck with this crap.

BS and while this happens if he can do this? the fans eat crap? You have to try to play to win the games the players and the staff need to show and try. getting blown out and not trying is not acceptable as fan or as a customer

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

BS and while this happens if he can do this? the fans eat crap? You have to try to play to win the games the players and the staff need to show and try. getting blown out and not trying is not acceptable as fan or as a customer

Don't watch then, this is what we get for supporting a team that has been run by buffoons for 10 years. Blame the Johnson's, it's not Gase's fault the team sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Don't watch then, this is what we get for supporting a team that has been run by buffoons for 10 years. Blame the Johnson's, it's not Gase's fault the team sucks.

its gases fault the team is not prepared or playing with heart isn't it? It is gases fault the offensive guru has the offense off to a torrid start of 8 points.... there is enough blame to go around but dont tell someone not to watch it is really bad form I have as much right to watch the Jets punt 6 times because the Jets cant move the ball, because the offensive coach sucks

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rammagen said:

its gases fault the team is not prepared or playing with heart isn't it? It is gases fault the offensive guru has the offense off to a torrid start of 8 points.... there is enough blame to go around but dont tell someone not to watch it is really bad form I have a s much riught to watch the Jets punt 6 times because the Jets cant move the ball, because the offensive coach sucks

Then eat sh*t, but don't blame the coach if you don't like it. He did not put this team together, and he was against the signings and the drafting. So much so he got the GM fired over it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Then eat sh*t, but don't blame the coach if you don't like it. He did not put this team together, and he was against the signings and the drafting. So much so he got the GM fired over it.

 

tell someone to eat sh*t because you dont like what they say. that really shows class doesn't it? Gase is a loser it looks like he lost this team and with classy supprters like you there is every reason to question morons like you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Then eat sh*t, but don't blame the coach if you don't like it. He did not put this team together, and he was against the signings and the drafting. So much so he got the GM fired over it.

 

I  will blame the coach for scoring 8 points in 2.5 games all day and twice on sunday that is the coach. idiots like you telling strangers to eat sh*tr because they disagree with you really shows how smart gase supporters are.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rammagen said:

tell someone to eat sh*t because you dont like what they say. that really shows class doesn't it? Gase is a loser it looks like he lost this team and with classy supprters like you there is every reason to question morons like you

You are the one who called it eating sh*t if you watch this. I told you not to watch it then. You insist it's your right to watch it, so enjoy the poop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

You are the one who called it eating sh*t if you watch this. I told you not to watch it then. You insist it's your right to watch it so enjoy the poop.

reading comprehension is not your strong point is it? I guess not "The fans eat crap" while he blows up the team you may be happy with that but most people are not.

You seem to be fascinated by twisting quotes or enjoy 7 punts, 8 points in 2.5 games and a team that quit, by a coach who was touted as being an offensive guru. You obviously think you know more then other people when you don't. My advice to you is to learn to respect other people and stop telling them to eat sandwiches because you are happy or justifying this mess and other people are not

what I said

BS and while this happens if he can do this? the fans eat crap? You have to try to play to win the games the players and the staff need to show and try. getting blown out and not trying is not acceptable as fan or as a customer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Then eat sh*t, but don't blame the coach if you don't like it. He did not put this team together, and he was against the signings and the drafting. So much so he got the GM fired over it.

 

I never expected Gase to win a bunch of games with this roster. I did expect him to try to win every game no matter what the roster is.

His offensive play calling is passive and weak. He is a pussbag and we will never win with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean obviously 3rd and long is a low percentage spot, but it's very telling that Gase literally concedes we're not going to convert. That explains why he doesn't try. He's a loser.

If you listen to that full segment he was talking more about being in 3rd and long all day and how that's just not going to be successful. Just my $0.02 but he was talking more in general that 3rd and longs aren't going to work. Shocker that Manish is trying to craft a narrative.

It's obvious Macc and Heimerdinger were his guys, Manish wrote a number of articles praising the hiring of Gase and ever since those two got the boot he has been doing a hatchet job on Gase. At least Manish used to have some inside info but now that his sources are cut, he's just a click bait troll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, msena88 said:

If you listen to that full segment he was talking more about being in 3rd and long all day and how that's just not going to be successful. Just my $0.02 but he was talking more in general that 3rd and longs aren't going to work. Shocker that Manish is trying to craft a narrative.

It's obvious Macc and Heimerdinger were his guys, Manish wrote a number of articles praising the hiring of Gase and ever since those two got the boot he has been doing a hatchet job on Gase. At least Manish used to have some inside info but now that his sources are cut, he's just a click bait troll.

It's not a narrative, it's the truth. Watch the plays he calls on 3rd and long. They're give up plays. He tried to play field position football (pickup a couple yards and punt) against an offense that was steam rolling down the field every drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Don't watch then, this is what we get for supporting a team that has been run by buffoons for 10 years. Blame the Johnson's, it's not Gase's fault the team sucks.

 

 

20190923_122132.jpg.203974037437dfd63b590011e26415a6.jpg

Gase is trash, the roster is trash, and look, ownership is trash! It's the perfect storm!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, msena88 said:

If you listen to that full segment he was talking more about being in 3rd and long all day and how that's just not going to be successful. Just my $0.02 but he was talking more in general that 3rd and longs aren't going to work. Shocker that Manish is trying to craft a narrative.

It's obvious Macc and Heimerdinger were his guys, Manish wrote a number of articles praising the hiring of Gase and ever since those two got the boot he has been doing a hatchet job on Gase. At least Manish used to have some inside info but now that his sources are cut, he's just a click bait troll.

Just listened to it myself. This is not Manish trying to create something. Gase says we're not going to convert 3rd and 10 plus downs and the context doesn't change the message. So that's what we have to look forward to so long as Gase is here. A guy who doesn't try to convert 3rd and 10 plus because he believes it can't be done.

Listen to him talk about difficult situations as if they cannot be overcome. He's a loser. We should fire him now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...