Mike McCarthy

On 9/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Why Gase? McCarthy is a proven winner that wanted to work with Darnold but nope Gase was our guy I guess. Unbelievable. 

McCarthy was going to be bad but knowing what I do now. That gase likes the ever tricky dokt score points on offense  I would sign up for mccarthy trash off coaching everyday of the week

15 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

We’re you hanging out in the front office where they were bad mouthing Mike? We could go back and forth on this all day, the point is that McCarthy was a much better option than gase. 

McCarthy took over a good contending team with a franchise QB and he rode that wave. Clearly I don't attribute their success to him as much as you do. I understand the point you are trying to make as it isn't complicated, I simply disagree. You made a statement and I questioned it. The Packers are 3-0 currently and they may be 4-0 in an hour. I don't think they miss Big Mike.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

McCarthy took over a good contending team with a franchise QB and he rode that wave. Clearly I don't attribute their success to him as much as you do. I understand the point you are trying to make as it isn't complicated, I simply disagree. You made a statement and I questioned it. The Packers are 3-0 currently and they may be 4-0 in an hour. I don't think they miss Big Mike.

Packers were 4-12 the season McCarthy became their head coach

Reality doesn’t jive with your posting

20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Packers were 4-12 the season McCarthy became their head coach

Reality doesn’t jive with your posting

Actually it does aside from your pathetic cherry picked one year sample:

First they were 8-8 his first season. Second, prior to the 4-12 season they were:

2001 2001 NFL NFC Central 2nd Hash-tag 12 4 0 Won Wild Card Playoffs (49ers) 25–15
Lost Divisional Playoffs (at Rams) 45–17

2002 2002 NFL NFC North 1st 12 4 0 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Falcons) 27–7  
2003 2003 NFL NFC North 1st 10 6 0 Won Wild Card Playoffs (Seahawks) 33–27 (OT)
Lost Divisional Playoffs (at Eagles) 20–17 (OT)

2004 2004 NFL NFC North 1st 10 6 0 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Vikings) 31–17  
2005 2005 NFL NFC North 4th 4

On 9/22/2019 at 2:09 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Why Gase? McCarthy is a proven winner that wanted to work with Darnold but nope Gase was our guy I guess. Unbelievable. 

Due, you are laying blame on a HC because you wanted someone else not because of the job he has done. Look at what he has had to work with behind a sieve of an offensive line. Not making excuses just saying, it is early in the season and the Jets were not a playoff team coming into 2019 no matter how much we thought they might be. We knew they had little to no depth which is the fault of the previous regime. I hate losing but I am not going to start the usual "can the coach" chant just yet.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Due, you are laying blame on a HC because you wanted someone else not because of the job he has done. Look at what he has had to work with behind a sieve of an offensive line. Not making excuses just saying, it is early in the season and the Jets were not a playoff team coming into 2019 no matter how much we thought they might be. We knew they had little to no depth which is the fault of the previous regime. I hate losing but I am not going to start the usual "can the coach" chant just yet.

It’s no excuse for Gases play calling which has been absolutely awful. I’m not saying fire him just yet but if the season continues to go this way there better be a coaching change. 

On 9/22/2019 at 2:33 PM, Peace Frog said:

Can you imagine the bitching and moaning with Mccarthy at 0-3 and Mac still GM?

Hahahahahaaaaa.  

Hits nail on head. No Gase, no Douglas. We've got two fat losers running the franchise. This is called grasping at straws. Gase has been poor to say the least -- game planning as if he had the Cowboy OL. But to think that McCarthy would somehow save this pile of dog-doo is really ridiculous.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:06 PM, DRJETS said:

game 2  Got our back up QB killed

game 3   called for 3 yards pass on 3rd and 15.  ENOUGH SAID. 

Yeah, I actually heard him call the "get our qb killed play". You know, the play which involves anything where the oline has to block for more than half a second.

Yup, 3rd & 15, the oline can't block you're on your 3rd string qb with no chance of winning. Yeah, have the qb drop back and looking deep so we can end the game with qb #4 in the game after qb #3 gets further pummeled.