This might be the worst Jets team I've ever seen

UntouchableCrew

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The offense is flaccid and weak. We cannot pass block, we cannot run block. The offensive line cannot recognize blitzes and cannot win their matchups one on one. We have bad QB play and skill players who make zero difference. The average possession is a three and out. The playcalling is uninspired at best and pathetic at worse. The play design/scheme isn't exciting or original and we often leave guys unblocked on misdirection plays that make no sense and fool nobody. Offensively there is nothing we do at even an even average level. Everything is between bad and embarrassingly awful.

The defense sucks too. We cannot get any pressure whatsoever. When we rush four guys we get stoned at the line and the QB has all day. When we blitz it's not well disguised and the other team easily picks it up and takes advantage of our secondary. On the back end we cannot cover anyone, and routinely have blown assignments. I've seen guys running free through the secondary on plays where only three guys were running routes.

Oh, and on special teams we have one of the worst kicking situations in the league.

This team has poor talent almost across the board is clearly poorly coached. Gase has been an unmitigated disaster thus far.

Is this the worst Jets team you've seen in your lifetime? 2005, 2012, and 2016 are the only ones I can think of that are close for me.

Don’t remember 1996?

33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The offense is flaccid and weak. We cannot pass block, we cannot run block. The offensive line cannot recognize blitzes and cannot win their matchups one on one. We have bad QB play and skill players who make zero difference. The average possession is a three and out. The playcalling is uninspired at best and pathetic at worse. The play design/scheme isn't exciting or original and we often leave guys unblocked on misdirection plays that make no sense and fool nobody. Offensively there is nothing we do at even an even average level. Everything is between bad and embarrassingly awful.

The defense sucks too. We cannot get any pressure whatsoever. When we rush four guys we get stoned at the line and the QB has all day. When we blitz it's not well disguised and the other team easily picks it up and takes advantage of our secondary. On the back end we cannot cover anyone, and routinely have blown assignments. I've seen guys running free through the secondary on plays where only three guys were running routes.

Oh, and on special teams we have one of the worst kicking situations in the league.

This team has poor talent almost across the board is clearly poorly coached. Gase has been an unmitigated disaster thus far.

Is this the worst Jets team you've seen in your lifetime? 2005, 2012, and 2016 are the only ones I can think of that are close for me.

All of the teams you mentioned we're quite pathetic, but to me the worst one is 2018? That team showed it was rock bottom for the Jets. One off-season later and I'm seeing the very same thing over again. It's like last season never ended. 

34 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Don’t remember 1996?

I do. We scored points. Defense couldnt hold our leads. We usually lost within the last 5 minutes of each game. Our lone win was against a Boomer Esiason led Cardinals team. I was watching. We'd lose 21-19 etc.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think you are exaggerating. Ficken looks pretty good. 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

It's not the worst team ever but it might be the worst Offense we have seen.

Agreed. Defense can it least make a respectable showing it seems. Williams is capable of adjusting in games. The offense is an absolute train wreck. It'll be interesting to see if it can improve with Sam, assuming he is going to come back this year.