Is it time to start talking 0-16?

STLuLu

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Wow lots of SOJF on this thread... 

OL is lost... they are missing assignments and forgetting who to block. Yes there are times that they are getting pummeled too. But a better QB will be able to get the ball out quicker and help the OL by telling them who to block.  I am not saying that they are all of a sudden going to be good ... but they should be serviceable enough to stack wins.

No way this team loses more then 6 games... too many cupcakes on this schedule. Defense still looks better then expected without the LB core. I think the Jets will surprise a lot of teams after the bye.

Now I know why you are negative repping everything I say.

After reading this post, it makes perfect sense:  you are high as a kite.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 9/22/2019 at 3:44 PM, Philc1 said:

I'm just hoping by some miracle the Johnson Bros wake up and fire Gase and Douglas this January.  These two guys look HORRIBLE

Good luck with that. Bowles and Macc lasted 4 years. How could anybody be worse than them? The idiot Gase will get at least another year even if they go 2-14. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Miami x2 + giants, skins, jax, raiders, bengals, steelers and bills = 9 wins (first team to start 0-6 and make the playoffs LOL)

What is 9 going to do for you when the BILLS will have at least 10 (3-0 + Miami x2, skins, jax,  steelers, titans, jets and/or browns )

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

But the panthers are playing with their UDFA back up QB and could win a game and look competent on offense.  What’s wrong with the jets?

They were playing the Patriots while the Panthers were playing the Arizona Cardinals. You think Belicheck took last week off cause he knew he had the Jets and a 3rd string QB upcoming .  No he constructed a gameplan to take away the Jets best offensive weapon (Bell) and then rather than blitzing Falk like most other HC's/DC's would do , they just pressured him predominately with 4 down lineman and forced Falk to try and dump the ball off underneath. This was probably the worst matchup the Jets could have had starting a 3rd string QB. 

14 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Look at the difference 1 player can make on a team in the Giants. Understanding that the Jets look inept. Part of that is the fact that they had a PS QB come in and start the game against the #1 Defense in the league... How did you think this would go? 

Jets fans are impatient. They have seen 50 years of suck and they want something to change now... When they finally start believing they have their QB go down with Mono... and the Defensive QB go down with a groin.

Overall the Defense looks better then expected and the makings of a shut down defense with Mosley in there.

The Offense was a few underthrows from breaking the game open against the Bills... Sam has a disease that cause fatigue... do you think this had any correlation? 

Do you think that the Browns could beat the Bills? I think that the Jets would be 2-1 going into the Bye with a healthy Sam.

If Sam is the truth... IF he is the franchise.... then why can't they win every game remaining on their schedule... IF you don't think he is on a level with the Watson's of the world then unfortunately Sam may not be the one. 

I am hopeful after what I saw at the end of last year. A QB slinging the ball all over the field with LESS TALENT... And now he has a better defense... so why can't they win these games??? Because you and a bunch of SOJF posters around here say so? Give me a break... Nothing has changed about the outlook of these games after Sam comes back... 

To each their own... Be miserable... throw in the towel... vent your frustration... it seems you need it... I on the other hand look towards the future of what this team can do with the talent (as shallow as it is) that it has.

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

They were playing the Patriots while the Panthers were playing the Arizona Cardinals. You think Belicheck took last week off cause he knew he had the Jets and a 3rd string QB upcoming .  No he constructed a gameplan to take away the Jets best offensive weapon (Bell) and then rather than blitzing Falk like most other HC's/DC's would do , they just pressured him predominately with 4 down lineman and forced Falk to try and dump the ball off underneath. This was probably the worst matchup the Jets could have had starting a 3rd string QB. 

My problem wasn’t with last week, it’s been all year. How many god damn screen passes is Gase going to call?  Draw plays on 3rd and 8-10, just lack of creativity.  The offense has looked totally inept no matter who is at qb.  

also, you don’t think whoever is the cardinals DC was scheming to take mccaffery out of the game plan?

On 9/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, TheClashFan said:

You'd take whichever trade gets the best haul of draft picks.

This will be the deciding factor as to whether JD has any cajones unlike Macc To trade back and acquire more picks to replenish this pitiful roster. Regardless, even if he did get xtra picks, Macc proved to be an imbecile drafting players. 2020 draft will be a sure sign if we got the right guy for the job. JD needs to trade back. We should have at least 5 picks in the first 3 rounds - LT, CB, WR, G, T

17 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

But he thinks SOJFs... probably the most vilified fan demographic in sports... are the bullies.

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Look at the difference 1 player can make on a team in the Giants. Understanding that the Jets look inept. Part of that is the fact that they had a PS QB come in and start the game against the #1 Defense in the league... How did you think this would go? 

Jets fans are impatient. They have seen 50 years of suck and they want something to change now... When they finally start believing they have their QB go down with Mono... and the Defensive QB go down with a groin.

Overall the Defense looks better then expected and the makings of a shut down defense with Mosley in there.

The Offense was a few underthrows from breaking the game open against the Bills... Sam has a disease that cause fatigue... do you think this had any correlation? 

Do you think that the Browns could beat the Bills? I think that the Jets would be 2-1 going into the Bye with a healthy Sam.

If Sam is the truth... IF he is the franchise.... then why can't they win every game remaining on their schedule... IF you don't think he is on a level with the Watson's of the world then unfortunately Sam may not be the one. 

I am hopeful after what I saw at the end of last year. A QB slinging the ball all over the field with LESS TALENT... And now he has a better defense... so why can't they win these games??? Because you and a bunch of SOJF posters around here say so? Give me a break... Nothing has changed about the outlook of these games after Sam comes back... 

To each their own... Be miserable... throw in the towel... vent your frustration... it seems you need it... I on the other hand look towards the future of what this team can do with the talent (as shallow as it is) that it has.

There is being hopeful, and there is being delusional.

This team is bereft of talent. We can thank 9 years of poor drafting and poor FA signing for that. 

It would be WAY better to not risk Darnold's life.  He should be out at least half the season to make sure he is FULLY recovered.  You don't screw with Mono at his age.

That said, there is nothing wrong with contemplating the possibility if we had the first overall pick.  I am very pleased we have Sam.  But you have to take into consideration, if you could get multiple picks for Sam, and then turn around and take what could be even a better QB, why would you not at least consider it?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

There is being hopeful, and there is being delusional.

This team is bereft of talent. We can thank 9 years of poor drafting and poor FA signing for that. 

It would be WAY better to not risk Darnold's life.  He should be out at least half the season to make sure he is FULLY recovered.  You don't screw with Mono at his age.

That said, there is nothing wrong with contemplating the possibility if we had the first overall pick.  I am very pleased we have Sam.  But you have to take into consideration, if you could get multiple picks for Sam, and then turn around and take what could be even a better QB, why would you not at least consider it?

There is no delusion here. Full health this team can compete. They have already shown they can on defense, now its a matter of how the offense performs with their starting QB back. It is not unreasonable to think that if this kid is the truth then he will lift the talent around him like Daniel Jones did. They are not IRing Sam, that is quite evident and the thought of the Jets getting the first overall pick is unrealistic with teams like Miami, Washington, Bengals, and Steelers playing. I know I get it... You think its so bad that the Jets are somehow worse then these bottom dwellers but the truth is that the defense, healthy Sam, Bell, Herndon and Crowder make this team a middle of the road team. Without these pieces ... I agree they are among the worst and it will only take an injury or two from the top players on the team to create what we are now seeing. The issue is that this team has very good Mercs at the moment... They are not going to accept losing as long as they are healthy. The terrible depth is the real issue not the top talent they have.

20 hours ago, jgb said:

But he thinks SOJFs... probably the most vilified fan demographic in sports... are the bullies.

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Not that at all, but thanks for playing!

You don't find the constant badgering of optimistic views bullying... calling them Homers, constantly pushing an I know better than you takes because history proves me right? History is just that... It has nothing to do with this current team or regime. I get that we all have opinions but I don't need to be called delusional or homer on every post. To me, that is what you call bullying because you are attacking me and not the post much like people calling you SOJF, etc.

We are going to unfortunately make a run second half of the year. Not only are Sam, CJ, QW coming back we are getting Chris Herndon who Sam missed week 1

i say unfortunately because Gase and Douglas will both survive the season because of it and we won’t get a top draft pick

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You don't find the constant badgering of optimistic views bullying... calling them Homers, constantly pushing an I know better than you takes because history proves me right? History is just that... It has nothing to do with this current team or regime. I get that we all have opinions but I don't need to be called delusional or homer on every post. To me, that is what you call bullying because you are attacking me and not the post much like people calling you SOJF, etc.

First off, I have not been badgering anyone.  I have not called anyone a homer.  If attacking you is saying I think you are high as a kite for being that optimistic, then I guess we wouldn't do well on the school grounds together.  We obviously come from different backgrounds, because ribbing someone like that is not bullying IMO.

This team played half a game well on defense before Mosley went down.  That does not translate into a defense that can stop the Chiefs, the Rams, the Eagles, the Patriots etc...  The O-line is quite possibly one of the worst in the league.  You can thank Mac for that one.  For Sam's health and safety, he should miss at least half the season.  By then, the season is over.  We are not beating anyone with our offense the way it is.

This has nothing to do with being a SOJF.  The reality is, this team is bereft of talent, thanks to nine years of poor drafting.  Where I have been a 'bully' is with the posters having a viewpoint that Douglas has sucked so far as a GM, and questioning whether he should even get one draft.  That is downright IDIOTIC.  So yeah, if you want to suggest I am bully because I think someone is idiotic for having such a viewpoint, have at it, but I am still going to rib anyone who is optimistic about this season.  To me, this season is about seeing what guys like Luke Falk, Quinnen Williams, Blake Cashman, Trevon Wesco, Ryan Griffin, Brandon Copeland, Frankie Luvu, Chuma Edoga, Folorunso Fatukasi, Neville Hewitt, Nate Hairston all have.  We need to see what we got in some of these young guys, and then move forward drafting well in rounds 1-3 and finding quality depth players in rounds 4-7.  This is going to take another three years.

Which brings me back to the point which you negative repped awhile back.  It is not inconceivable that if we are in play for either top two QB's, do you hit the reset button on the position and get yourself a franchise QB under rookie money for 6 years starting in 2020, and then trade Darnold for GOOD draft capital.  It is something you have to think about. 

54 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

We're going round and round here, this conversation is starting to mirror the Jets for the last 10 years. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

15 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

First off, I have not been badgering anyone.  I have not called anyone a homer.  If attacking you is saying I think you are high as a kite for being that optimistic, then I guess we wouldn't do well on the school grounds together.  We obviously come from different backgrounds, because ribbing someone like that is not bullying IMO.

This team played half a game well on defense before Mosley went down.  That does not translate into a defense that can stop the Chiefs, the Rams, the Eagles, the Patriots etc...  The O-line is quite possibly one of the worst in the league.  You can thank Mac for that one.  For Sam's health and safety, he should miss at least half the season.  By then, the season is over.  We are not beating anyone with our offense the way it is.

This has nothing to do with being a SOJF.  The reality is, this team is bereft of talent, thanks to nine years of poor drafting.  Where I have been a 'bully' is with the posters having a viewpoint that Douglas has sucked so far as a GM, and questioning whether he should even get one draft.  That is downright IDIOTIC.  So yeah, if you want to suggest I am bully because I think someone is idiotic for having such a viewpoint, have at it, but I am still going to rib anyone who is optimistic about this season.  To me, this season is about seeing what guys like Luke Falk, Quinnen Williams, Blake Cashman, Trevon Wesco, Ryan Griffin, Brandon Copeland, Frankie Luvu, Chuma Edoga, Folorunso Fatukasi, Neville Hewitt, Nate Hairston all have.  We need to see what we got in some of these young guys, and then move forward drafting well in rounds 1-3 and finding quality depth players in rounds 4-7.  This is going to take another three years.

Which brings me back to the point which you negative repped awhile back.  It is not inconceivable that if we are in play for either top two QB's, do you hit the reset button on the position and get yourself a franchise QB under rookie money for 6 years starting in 2020, and then trade Darnold for GOOD draft capital.  It is something you have to think about. 

I wasn't defining what you did as bullying but jgb is playing victim saying the pessimists are being bullied... I was merely proving a point that it comes from both sides.

Never said the defense the Jets have currently could stop any of the top flight Offenses but they are certainly better then I thought they would be and given a functional offense could be a very good unit to keep the Jets in games. I will let the Doctors decide when Sam can come back... I will route that he is healthier sooner than later. If sooner then this team is going to surprise a lot of teams because they look so bad without him. 

Yes, bereft of depth. I like what Douglas is doing. From a starters perspective... the Jets have mercs that make them competitive and not as far off as you may think, but as soon as injuries start happening then the team will start failing.... unfortunately that happened basically before the season started losing Herndon and Williamson... then losing Sam and Enuwa after the first game. I think that Douglas has done a great job of getting rid of the duds (that he can) and bringing actual NFL talent back to the team already... It is a long way to go before we talk Superbowl but its a start

I disagree that this is a last place team. I think Miami, Washington, Steelers, and Bengals are clearly worse after Sam comes back. I have no problem with your theory of trading Darnold and running with a new QB... BUT, as a franchise you cannot trade away a franchise QB (If he show it through this season) for an unknown... Ever... Period... it has been far too long that this team has not had a QB and you are willing to give that away for more picks and a hopeful first round QB in Herbert, Tua, Fromm whatever... You don't know if these guys are going to flame out or produce but if Sam produces you cannot trade that value away for any price.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:04 AM, Mastenpark said:

What is 9 going to do for you when the BILLS will have at least 10 (3-0 + Miami x2, skins, jax,  steelers, titans, jets and/or browns )

beat the pats* and we can talk otherwise this is just trolling two bad teams (like sanchez, allen will pick 6 it eventually, history repeats)

On 9/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, RevisIsland610 said:

Good luck with that. Bowles and Macc lasted 4 years. How could anybody be worse than them? The idiot Gase will get at least another year even if they go 2-14. 

This is depressing as it gets we have 3 f-cking years left of Gase embarrassing himself

On 9/25/2019 at 10:57 AM, Untouchable said:

We’re not going 0-16

The only way we aren’t winning at least 4-5 games this season is if they decide to shutdown Darnold for the year.

Our schedule is soft as Kleenex in the 2nd half.

Dolphins twice, skins and bengals

Our 4 wins

Yay

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, heymangold said:

But the panthers are playing with their UDFA back up QB and could win a game and look competent on offense.  What’s wrong with the jets?

Dude this team and org. is a revolving door, the OL never gels, they pick sh*t, bring in sh*t in. It takes time for teams to gel, so many people expect to make lemonade out of lemons. Jets are lemons, from the top down. We finally have GM that will do it right way, the Raven and Eagle way, the winning way. We better hope Sam gets better and ready for next year and into the future, we are going to see just how tough he is, if he can work through this he can do anything he has skills we have to be patient. In JD I trust.

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:26 AM, Wonderboy said:

This will be the deciding factor as to whether JD has any cajones unlike Macc To trade back and acquire more picks to replenish this pitiful roster. Regardless, even if he did get xtra picks, Macc proved to be an imbecile drafting players. 2020 draft will be a sure sign if we got the right guy for the job. JD needs to trade back. We should have at least 5 picks in the first 3 rounds - LT, CB, WR, G, T

The Colts are decent despite the Luck retirement because they traded down for picks.  They do not have a high pick OT. 

Trading down is the call. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2019 at 8:55 AM, The Voice of Reason said:

There is no delusion here. Full health this team can compete. They have already shown they can on defense, now its a matter of how the offense performs with their starting QB back. It is not unreasonable to think that if this kid is the truth then he will lift the talent around him like Daniel Jones did. They are not IRing Sam, that is quite evident and the thought of the Jets getting the first overall pick is unrealistic with teams like Miami, Washington, Bengals, and Steelers playing. I know I get it... You think its so bad that the Jets are somehow worse then these bottom dwellers but the truth is that the defense, healthy Sam, Bell, Herndon and Crowder make this team a middle of the road team. Without these pieces ... I agree they are among the worst and it will only take an injury or two from the top players on the team to create what we are now seeing. The issue is that this team has very good Mercs at the moment... They are not going to accept losing as long as they are healthy. The terrible depth is the real issue not the top talent they have.

What top talent?  Please be specific.