Jamal Adams Pick 6 \ He's A Beast Thread: MERGED

Maxman

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I guess you missed the YOU part in that post. I don't spend a lot of time rating players though so it doesn't matter. I enjoyed all of those World Series Championship teams. I also enjoyed that Nomah wasn't better.

That's kinda what the lol was for but it matters not.

Guess who had the second highest PFF in all NFL last week?

The President and Tom Shanes favorite player - Jamal Adams! 93.8. Only Calais Campbell was higher with a 94.7. Video is on NFL.com of the top players if anyone interested.

At least somebody came to play on Sunday. I saw him having a decent game but I guess the pick 6 that was handed to him on a silver platter got his score up there.

For a good team trying to take the next step, taking a player like Jamal in rd 1 is a smart move.  That is a 10-20 pick, Like Keanu Neal or Derwin James. 

For a team that has no QB, OL or Edge or talent picking at 6, Jamal was not the pick. 

He is a great undersized SS who gives his all and will be overpaid by someone in FA. He was just not the right player for the Jets there or a player the Jets really need. Like the Redskins, another mismanaged team, signing Landon Collins.  If the Redskins offered Trent Williams and a draft pick for Jamal, I would do that trade in a minute. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Surely we could get a better offer than that. I’d only consider it if the draft pick was a 2nd rounder.

Williams is a franchise LT.  Adams is a glorified Jim Leonhard

That trade is a heist for the jets even if it’s a 6th round pick

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Williams is a franchise LT.  Adams is a glorified Jim Leonhard

That trade is a heist for the jets even if it’s a 6th round pick

Williams is 31. I’m not trading Jamal for him in a straight player for player trade nor’ for an added low round pick. One of the good things Jamal has done is shape his NFL image and market himself like a champ. He can be had for much better than that hypothetical trade. I want Andrew Thomas or Walker Little anyway. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t think the Redskins would be the team. Probably a team on the brink of being a deep playoff contender.

Basically like the Steelers did with Minkah.

If a contending team offered a likely 20-32 pick in 2020 for Adams, I would take that.  

Would likely be a good deal for both teams, as Adams is on year 3 of his contract.

The Redskins would not do that because they already have Collins.   A contending team is not giving up an OL.  Adams could be a great piece for the Eagles, Cowboys, etc. to push forward and mortgage the future for the present.  I think in today’s NFL it is hard (not impossible) to have a successful season without selling your future somewhat. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Williams is 31. I’m not trading Jamal for him in a straight player for player trade nor’ for an added low round pick. One of the good things Jamal has done is shape his NFL image and market himself like a champ. He can be had for much better than that hypothetical trade. I want Andrew Thomas or Walker Little anyway. 

LTs can play a long time Andrew Whitworth who we should have signed 3 years ago is 37

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

Basically like the Steelers did with Minkah.

If a contending team offered a likely 20-32 pick in 2020 for Adams, I would take that.  

Would likely be a good deal for both teams, as Adams is on year 3 of his contract.

The Redskins would not do that because they already have Collins.   A contending team is not giving up an OL.  Adams could be a great piece for the Eagles, Cowboys, etc. to push forward and mortgage the future for the present.  I think in today’s NFL it is hard (not impossible) to have a successful season without selling your future somewhat. 

Collins is eventually going to move to ILB

That’s the only way Washington can justify that debacle of a contract

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

LTs can play a long time Andrew Whitworth who we should have signed 3 years ago is 37

Meh. It’s like cornerback. The age/drop off ratio varies.

You have guys like Whiteworth and then you have guys like D’Brick. (Who was finished at 32)

I’d rather get a young guy like Andrew Thomas who can 1.) be even better than Trent and 2.) be Sam’s blindside for 13+ years.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Meh. It’s like cornerback. The age/drop off ratio varies.

You have guys like Whiteworth and then you have guys like D’Brick. (Who was finished at 32)

I’d rather get a young guy like Andrew Thomas who can 1.) be even better than Trent and 2.) be Sam’s blindside for 13+ years.

You’re not getting a mid 20’s franchise LT it’s very rare those become available and Douglas is too stupid to ever sign one

A day in the life of Jamal Adams at JetNation

Adams gets a pick 6 - Big deal, it was the 4th Q

Adams drops a pick 6 - Adams sucks

WR catches ball - Adams left him open

Adams intercepts but is tackled - Adams cant run away from a cold

Adams tackles the WR who caught the ball - padding stats

Adams gets interviewed by Maggie and Bart - Shaduup, no one wants to hear you

Adams backs out of interview - What a wuss, cant handle being interviewed

Bizzaro World.........

Adams gets a pick 6 in the first Q - Big deal, do it in crunch time

WR or RB gains big yardage on a play  - Where was Adams?

Adams comes from the opposite side of the field and tackles or assist on the player - padding stats

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

A day in the life of Jamal Adams at JetNation

Adams gets a pick 6 - Big deal, it was the 4th Q

Adams drops a pick 6 - Adams sucks

WR catches ball - Adams left him open

Adams intercepts but is tackled - Adams cant run away from a cold

Adams tackles the WR who caught the ball - padding stats

Adams gets interviewed by Maggie and Bart - Shaduup, no one wants to hear you

Adams backs out of interview - What a wuss, cant handle being interviewed

Bizzaro World.........

Adams gets a pick 6 in the first Q - Big deal, do it in crunch time

WR or RB gains big yardage on a play  - Where was Adams?

Adams comes from the opposite side of the field and tackles or assist on the player - padding stats

A day in the life of a Jamal Adams fan-boy:

Someone says something slightly negative about the self-proclaimed leader of the team:  

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2