Don't Look Now...

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Our trophy was almost a half-century ago.  Years before I was born, or many of us were born.

We are unquestionably one of the worst sports franchises during my lifetime.

Leave. 

No one will miss you.

Not the Lions fans or Miami fans or Browns fans or Cardinals fans or any of the other crappy fan bases who have seen worse than the Jets. 

6 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Look at the way the giants just let Jones, a rookie, air it out.

The jets keep holding Darnold back.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Darnold was an inexperienced QB propped up by the tristate area watching the one college game the region watches every season. The Pac 12 is garrrrbage and if you go back and watch Darnold vs Ohio State you’ll see the same bad stuff you see now. This doesn’t even account for him not being able to get on the field. I don’t even think the #goodplays could save this personnel.

• Haha 1

Darnold was an inexperienced QB propped up by the tristate area watching the one college game the region watches every season. The Pac 12 is garrrrbage and if you go back and watch Darnold vs Ohio State you’ll see the same bad stuff you see now. This doesn’t even account for him not being able to get on the field. I don’t even think the #goodplays could save this personnel.

I agree. Plus the fact that they gave up valuable capital to move up for him. Darnold may end up getting better and being good (if he could ever stay on the field). But none of that is going to matter if we dont build a team around him. Thinking a QB wins games by himself is what 5 year olds think.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And you think anyone watched ACC football and a basketball school at that?

Saw every game Sam played his last 2 years. 

But you carry on. 

31 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  Sam is gonna be good, he is already good.  Unfortunately he got bad luck with mono and has been saddled with a brutal offensive line and talent since he has been drafted.  The second half of last year he looked like a beast.  The bills game he wasn’t great but he wasn’t as bad as some say.  He was obviously dealing with the illness

How can you say Darnold is already good? He hasn't been "good". All I ever here is how good he can be, or how much potential he has, but I NEVER see it on the field. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm beyond aggravated. I get to look forward to the Giant fans mock me at work tomorrow with the Jets ineptness while they gloat with their new found QB. Being 0-3 and our season all but lost, I want the Jets to go into full tank mode for the #1 pick in the draft. Then with that pick I would trade down for a haul of picks with all those QB hungry teams out there. Maybe then we can finally put a competent team out on the field.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Weird stalking.

I guess I’d expect that from a Giant fan on a Jet board.  

I get you’re a fan but maybe Ignore me. 

Be more comfortable for both of us. 

Ignore you? Why?

You're a constant source of amusement. 

Now go carry on with telling others to leave the board...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

14 games in. Were you on the ISS last year??

No I was not on ISS last yr. I just think these guys should have the same body of work to be compared to compare a guy 1 season in versus a guy starting his 3 rd yr is not equal they are both young qbs but the comparisons after that are spotty. Some of these guys have double the games

16 hours ago, Jared said:

Hey stupid question, since I've never been a fan of a team that had another team in the same city/region: How closely do Jets fans follow Giants news?  Do you actively pay attention, root for (or against) them, or do you just happen to have the information because the local sports page covers both?

I follow the team and watch the Giants games if they are not on opposite the Jets.  Unlike a lot of Jets fans,  I don't hate them, especially when they beat the Pats in the SB.  They are in a different conference.  But I would feel burned if Jones turns out to be better than Darnold.

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Darnold has looked a lot like Sanchez in too many games, and I just dont see Crazy Eyes and Patton Oswald fixing it. 

What you expected TDs from a cross between Patton Oswald and Doug Heffernan (he’s not only Patton Oswald)?  By Week 8 I expect to see him following Gase around dragging his leg like the evil assistant he is...I already forget his name Doyle or Dowl something?  Not that it even matters.

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, rammagen said:

I have no issue with putting together lists but should Sam play more then one game sick before you compile it and not put him on it

Agreed, it's still too early to crown anyone. However, Sam is starting to get into a very bad pattern where his failures are almost always quickly excused by apologists (even national media, ala guys like Colin Cowherd) such as his phantom foot injury last year (conveniently super close to when he was about to be benched for poor play) and now this weird mono diagnosis? ... fanbase fear is Darnold's already behind the development and growth of his other young peer qb's, and it's only going to get worse with such an unstable coaching staff and front office calling the shots to try and guide him.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, FidelioJet said:

Daniel Jones having a good, not great game against - in a should be loss...doesn't make him a stud.

Moreover - Sam playing with even a competent kick is 1-0 as a starter this year,

Who knows how his career will end up, but let's be fair, Jones had an historically great debut game, not just merely good--arguably the greatest qb debut in the history of the NFL when you consider his numbers, game situation/pressure, and losing Saquon Barkley early.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:01 PM, Baeton Manning said:

I remembered the wacky Giants fans reactions being good, but I didn't remember them being great

LMFAO!  The first dude's reaction is legendary!  At least when Jet fans freaked out, it was because the Jets took Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp.

It would be even more hilarious to see this video years from now if Daniel Jones lives up to what he did last week.  

"Obviously the Giants know something that, you know, the people up here don't”

On 9/22/2019 at 8:04 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Well Mike Francessa likes Sam, so we got that going for us.

Oh Francesa, He did love Luck too (then again, who didn't?) and Francesa's other man crush qb??? ---- that would be the one and only Johnny "Football" Manziel, said the kid has that special "IT" factor and would dominate the NFL.