1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Injuries and Mac/Idzik drafting aside. This guy was never a good hire for us. Those defending him are denying history - even if everything was ideal, he’d still be running a crap offense with no creativity and out-smarting himself.

Wonder if we can trade a mid round pick to Tampa for Todd Bowles.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Paradis said:

I'm sick to death of having this divide of blame between who was handcuffed with who -- we have to stop with this staggered hiring of HCs and GMs.

Turn Joe Douglas loose. Let him fire/hire whoever he wants and let the ship sink or swim. 

I’d be happy if it would even float at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Injuries and Mac/Idzik drafting aside. This guy was never a good hire for us. Those defending him are denying history - even if everything was ideal, he’d still be running a crap offense with no creativity and out-smarting himself.

Was obvious to some of us a long time ago.  Wrong hire in every way.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I'm sick to death of having this divide of blame between who was handcuffed with who -- we have to stop with this staggered hiring of HCs and GMs.

Turn Joe Douglas loose. Let him fire/hire whoever he wants and let the ship sink or swim. 

Douglas is part of the problem he’s Gase’s boy

They both need to be fired.  Either promote Williams to HC or hire McCarthy and get a new GM

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So your point is? They aint firing this guy now or even this year. IT is what it is.

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

So your point is? They aint firing this guy now or even this year. IT is what it is.

Unfortunately knowing how inept and lost the Johnson Boys are we are stuck with Gase for another 2 hideous seasons after this hideous season

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I have accused others on the board of being stubborn.  Tried to curtail that.

Maybe I am the stubborn one now? 

I am not quitting on Adam Gase yet.   Sorry.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Douglas is part of the problem he’s Gase’s boy

No one is anyone's "boy" when your talking about your career & a seven figure salary. Joe would put Gase out to pasture in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Gase was literally the coach I wanted the Jets to hire less than absolutely anyone. I saw years of evidence that gave endless reasons to believe he wasn't cut out for the job, and the only thing saying otherwise were simply a list of excuses for his failure.

I've spent months convincing myself to give him some benefit of the doubt, as this was happening regardless, but everything we've seen has just been continuing the trend of what he's shown his entire career, whenever he didn't have Peyton Manning there to simply be Peyton.

He was third to last on my list ahead of Caldwell and McCarthy. I liked the way he handled pre-season and the reports on the "aggressive" and imaginative Jets had me excited but I have seen literally zero creativity from home. I mean FFS you KNOW going into this game you will see 8 and 9 in the box and continuous blitzing. Our answer? Force Bell on almost every 1st down. And seriously, 5 practice squad guys would be as effective as our OL. possibly the worst I have seen play in the NFL. And one of the most expensive too

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My point is he sucks. Regardless of when they may or may not fire him, there’s folks here insulating him with bullsh*t excuses. This is for them.

Where are they? He's obviously overmatched. I never wanted him but we are stuck.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

No one is anyone's "boy" when your talking about your career & a seven figure salary. Joe would put Gase out to pasture in a heartbeat.

What has Douglas done so far to give you any indication he’s even semi-competent?

Signs Vedvik to be the kicker

Signs Kalil who is done

Trades a pick to the Patriots for Thomas who is done

And now this guy gets to botch the next 3 straight drafts

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As soon as I see a coach coaching to not lose by too much rather than try to win I lose all respect for them. Gase did exactly that today. He's a loser. I don't care if you're under manned, you better be trying to win. If the players are out played, fine - at least you tried.  But he didn't.

The sooner he's fired the better. Darnold isn't going to learn anything good from this guy.

100%

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All you have to do is look around the NFL and see all of the backups thrust into starting rolls that are looking semi competent.

Yeah a lot of practice squad guys beating hall of fame coaches today too. Enough with Falk geez.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What has Douglas done so far to give you any indication he’s even semi-competent?

Signs Vedvik to be the kicker

Signs Kalil who is done

Trades a pick to the Patriots for Thomas who is done

And now this guy gets to botch the next 3 straight drafts

Hairston. Boom.

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Jets are down 2 scores with 4:46 left and get the ball back, unfortunately on their own 1. 3 timeouts left. You have to score on this possession - quickly, and hopefully without using any timeouts.

Gase calls a run on 1st down and 3rd down then punts. **** off bro. What is that?

You know Falk was the qb right?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

You know Falk was the qb right?

If he was going to concede the game because Falk was at QB he shouldn't have bothered showing up at Foxboro. You have to try to win with the players you have. If he failed trying, whatever, at least you tried. He played to not lose by too much, because he's a loser.

• Upvote 3

Todd Bowles to Adam Gase.  Only the Jets 

• Upvote 2

End of the third quarter. Jets recover a muffed punt to make it a 30-7 game. This thing is pretty much over but you can maybe pull rabbit out of a hat once in a hundred tries. If you're trying to win this game you can't kick it back to Brady and the Pats here. You have to attempt on onsides kick.

Nah - kick it back to Brady. 

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do
Fate is kind

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All you have to do is look around the NFL and see all of the backups thrust into starting rolls that are looking semi competent.

This.

So many offenses with mediocre or crappy talent and backup QBs doing fine. We are a trainwreck. Gase was a bad hire at the time and has been an unmitigated disaster in reality.

• Upvote 1

Pretty much every third down in the first quarter this guy called a play behind the line of scrimmage that had very little chance of converting. Instead of attacking and trying to push the ball down field he was content with picking up a few yards and punting, trying to play a field possession game with Brady and the Pats in Foxboro. 

Passive, loser coaching.

• Upvote 2