Gase sucks

Integrity28

1 hour ago, Barton said:

What i'm saying is, Gase is not coaching to the types of players he has on offense.

Nobody on the Jets offensive line, aside from Kalil, who was surfing 2 months ago, is built for a zone blocking scheme. These guys are not nimble, cant pull or go to the 2nd level. 

Lets keep it simple......

Bates is better than Gase so far as an offensive coordinator for the Jets and that is saying something!!

And no Bates didn't have more to work with!

• Upvote 3

With The Jags having a QB like Minshew winning games there is no excuse to see this offense play this bad it comes down to the system and Gase sucks period. Personally I see him gone after this year the media will run him out of town if Douglas doesnt get to fire him first. I dont believe the Jets figured Douglas would take the Job they committed 6 years at 3 million a year for him this guy is the #1 GM prospect has a all star staff working with him think Gase will be cut lose if he goes 0-16 and right now having Sam Darnold would not fix this offense the blocking scheme sucks and it falls on Gase this offensive line is bad but not terrible enough to be like this Gase has very little time.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There are QBs I’ve never heard of or are playing their first game this week for teams having success, but our QB whisperer has one of the worst offenses in the league with no signs of improvement week to week. 

Friggin Garret Minshew a rookie 6th round pick is looking good and winning games will put up a 30 spot on us in a a few weeks

These Gase apologists will be in witness protection in about 5 weeks when we are 0-7

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

With The Jags having a QB like Minshew winning games there is no excuse to see this offense play this bad it comes down to the system and Gase sucks period. Personally I see him gone after this year the media will run him out of town if Douglas doesnt get to fire him first. I dont believe the Jets figured Douglas would take the Job they committed 6 years at 3 million a year for him this guy is the #1 GM prospect has a all star staff working with him think Gase will be cut lose if he goes 0-16 and right now having Sam Darnold would not fix this offense the blocking scheme sucks and it falls on Gase this offensive line is bad but not terrible enough to be like this Gase has very little time.

The Johnsons are so weak and dumb I doubt they fire Gase even if he goes 1-15

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Kyle Allen lit it up for the Panthers yesterday. Having seen him play at Texas A&M I can assure you, he sucked in college. 

Again, going into the game, he had a career rating of 113.1 and two very qaulity games played already.

I get that he's the hot name because Sportscenter played his highlights all night but Allen proved he could play in the NFL last year. 

He also went against the Cardinals, who are, quite literally, the polar opposite of the defending Super Bowl champs.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Again, going into the game, he had a career rating of 113.1 and two very qaulity games played already.

I get that he's the hot name because Sportscenter played his highlights all night but Allen proved he could play in the NFL last year. 

He also went against the Cardinals, who are, quite literally, the polar opposite of the defending Super Bowl champs.

Excuses excuses

• Upvote 1

With our last two head coaches, I think everyone this year wanted a head coach with with actual HC experience.  This is why everyone wanted McCarthy and most of us were on board when Gase was hired after a week or two.  

We are finding out that's not the way to go.  We needed a fresh mind with offensive experience no matter at what level to come in, have a fresh take on today's NFL and be creative.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Excuses excuses

They aren't excuses.  They're tangible pieces of evidence.  You can look the numbers up yourself if you want.

I've already said multiple times that if we still look this bad with Darnold, against the softer part of our schedule, then the conversation can be had in regards to where to go from here at Head Coach.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

All you have to do is look around the NFL and see all of the backups thrust into starting rolls that are looking semi competent.

Luke Falk is not a backup. He is an afterthought.No TE,  starting wideout gone for the season--- who was not much anyway, and a major league QB.  Plus an O that gase did not sign or coach playing Keystone Kops.  Learn how to spread the responsibility around.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Johnsons are so weak and dumb I doubt they fire Gase even if he goes 1-15

Gase is not going 1-16---unless Sam is out for the season.  Herndon will be back, Mosley will be back, and Q wiil be disruptive.  They could use a good wideout, though.  Never should have resigned Enunwa when they did. I said it then.  Dont sign injury guys

• Upvote 1

Gase has coached 3 full season in the nfl and every year he had to play the backup qb.  He should be smart enough by now to know how important that position is.

If he doesnt invest a 3rd or 4th round pick into the position next year then there is no help for the guy.  Hes just clueless, stubborn whatever you want to call it.

Backup qb is one of the most important positions to fill in the draft next year.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They aren't excuses.  They're tangible pieces of evidence.  You can look the numbers up yourself if you want.

I've already said multiple times that if we still look this bad with Darnold, against the softer part of our schedule, than the conversation can be had in regards to where to go from here at Head Coach.

Gase is a disaster.  Douglas is his puppet they signed Vedvik which literally cost us week 1, signed Kalil when we already had a competent C and Kalil has been an abomination, traded a pick to Belichick for a WR who is officially done, playcalling has sucked, game management has sucked, Simian looked unprepared, Gase loves 5 step drop backs with qb under center despite Kalil not being able to block anyone ever, players hate him, Williams hates him

But yeah you’re right Adam Gase is doing a great job

3 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Gase is not going 1-16---unless Sam is out for the season.  Herndon will be back, Mosley will be back, and Q wiil be disruptive.  They could use a good wideout, though.  Never should have resigned Enunwa when they did. I said it then.  Dont sign injury guys

Honestly I think we are headed to 2-14

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase has coached 3 full season in the nfl and every year he had to play the backup qb.  He should be smart enough by now to know how important that position is.

If he doesnt invest a 3rd or 4th round pick into the position next year then there is no help for the guy.  Hes just clueless, stubborn whatever you want to call it.

Backup qb is one of the most important positions to fill in the draft next year.

Agree but we always seem to choose off the garbage pile......Luke Falk if not on the NY Jets not in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It was obvious he didn’t put the work in with Trevor Simian.  He was too busy throwing Mac under the bus the entire summer to coach his qbs not named Darnold

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is a disaster.  Douglas is his puppet they signed Vedvik which literally cost us week 1, signed Kalil when we already had a competent C and Kalil has been an abomination, traded a pick to Belichick for a WR who is officially done, playcalling has sucked, game management has sucked, Simian looked unprepared, Gase loves 5 step drop backs with qb under center despite Kalil not being able to block anyone ever, players hate him, Williams hates him

Dont argue with the delusional homer club.  The DHC are so clueless its laughable.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If you got out of that post that I said Gase was doing a great job, then you need to take some reading comprehension classes.

I haven't seen much with Gase. BUT....

• Luke Falk is not a "backup" QB. He's the backup to the backup.
  • Offensive genius or not, the OL is the worst in football. And most posters criticizing Gase don't accept that the OL cannot run or pass block. I'm not sure that's all on Gase.
  • We lost the defending Super Bowl champs on their home field. Not unexpected

All of that said, I've seen the same stinking offense from the Jets for a decade. It's very old seeing a professional team look so overwhelmed most of the time.

There is nothing positive to say about Gase in all of this, but rather simply a list of excuses of why it's not his fault, which is really what his entire career has been with the sole exception of the couple of years he got to be the lucky guy credited as the OC for a Peyton Manning offense.

For all the citing of lack of talent on the Jets' offense, that is also nothing even slightly new for the Jets, as that has been the case for very many years, and yet Gase is still doing even worse with this offense than his all-world predecessors, including the immortal likes of Bates, Morton, Gailey, Mornhinweg, and Schitty.

Not to mention, for all the flack Bowles got for player performance of a crap roster, I can't think of a single player who's not currently performing even worse under Gase.  The current situation is far from ideal, I will certainly concede to that, but there's still nothing yet seen to be even slightly pleased about.