Gase sucks

Integrity28

In Truth the guy I wanted the Jets to hire , once Shannahan wasn't an option, was OC Todd Monken.....

Monken ran an outstanding offense in TB, with a QB who was erratic at best and he knows how to relate to young players.  Jets were thinking "let's not go with another first time HC"

Wrong...... they should have been thinking let's go with the BEST COACH possible..

And Monken was that dude...

With that said we have to give Gase more time!

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I haven't seen much with Gase. BUT....

• Luke Falk is not a "backup" QB. He's the backup to the backup.
  • Offensive genius or not, the OL is the worst in football. And most posters criticizing Gase don't accept that the OL cannot run or pass block. I'm not sure that's all on Gase.
  • We lost the defending Super Bowl champs on their home field. Not unexpected

All of that said, I've seen the same stinking offense from the Jets for a decade. It's very old seeing a professional team look so overwhelmed most of the time.

Roster sucks but Gase is not changing the plays to try to maximize the players. If your OL is constantly confused with your zone block scheme then you either work aggressively with them to get it or you change the scheme. If you can't block guys coming on the edge with your zone block then you need to get them some help on plays. There's clearly a lot of confusion on the field before plays so maybe simply the scheme until the players are comfortable in it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Friggin Garret Minshew a rookie 6th round pick is looking good and winning games will put up a 30 spot on us in a a few weeks

These Gase apologists will be in witness protection in about 5 weeks when we are 0-7

To be fair. he is being taught by that QB guru Doug Marrone.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jack48 said:

Luke Falk is not a backup. He is an afterthought.No TE,  starting wideout gone for the season--- who was not much anyway, and a major league QB.  Plus an O that gase did not sign or coach playing Keystone Kops.  Learn how to spread the responsibility around.

this is incorrect he coached these guys since he was hired. He brought in Faulk  I understand he was on the practice squad but he had him for 2 yrs, if there are issues with player missing assignments he does not get a pass. The gm gets a pass for not being able to get certain players but the caich has had input here since he was hired. crap he actually ran the show so if there were players he wanted for his system he could have gotten them then without any interference 

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Again, going into the game, he had a career rating of 113.1 and two very qaulity games played already.

I get that he's the hot name because Sportscenter played his highlights all night but Allen proved he could play in the NFL last year. 

He also went against the Cardinals, who are, quite literally, the polar opposite of the defending Super Bowl champs.

Look, I'm not going to sit here and tell you I know for a fact that guys like Mason Rudolph, Gardner Minshew or Kyle Allen are "the same level" as Luke Falk because who knows, really? I do know they were comparable college players.

I also know that it seems like their offensive coordinators seem to be maximizing their talent and getting the most out of them. Whatever Adam Gase is doing, he clearly isn't doing that.

Basically, to defend Adam Gase what you're saying is "no offensive coach in the league could score points with this group." And while I think the talent is bad and thin I simply don't buy that. They are professional football players. 11 points in 3 games, 1 TD in 3 games... That's simply unacceptable no matter who is injured and who is playing. 

• Upvote 1

This wasn’t the Jets disaster to bury Adam Gase with

September 23, 2019 | 12:48pm

The Jets got beat up by the Patriots on Sunday, losing 30-14 to fall to 0-3 this season. Here are some thoughts and observations from the game:

1. Here is what I find odd about the reaction to Sunday’s game.

This was the pregame context: No one gave the Jets a chance in this game. They were historic underdogs in Vegas. They were starting a third-string quarterback in Luke Falk who should be on the practice squad right now. They were missing eight players projected as starters in the summer from a roster that could not afford any injuries. They were facing the NFL’s best defense, which has not allowed a touchdown this season. They were facing Bill Belichick, widely recognized as the greatest coach in the present NFL, maybe ever. They were facing Tom Brady, widely thought to be the best quarterback to ever play the game. They were playing in Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots have not lost since 2017.

All of a sudden, when the ball gets kicked off, it feels like everyone forgets all of that and they want the coach fired, they want the defensive coordinator fired, they want this player benched and can’t believe what they are seeing.

The Jets had no chance of winning this game. None.

Could Adam Gase have called a few more creative plays? Sure. I would have liked to have seen a flea flicker or a reverse or some kind of trick play. But that would not have made much of a difference in this game.

Enlarge Image

The coaches are not blameless in this loss, but pinning this all on them is silly.

The Jets offense was embarrassing, but what was Gase supposed to do? It is easy to say on Twitter he should be more aggressive. He was handcuffed by several things, including Falk making his first NFL start.

A few other impediments:

— The Jets had 12 second and third downs on which they needed more than 10 yards to gain the first down. It is hard to get creative on third-and-19. He does not have Brady back there to fling it to Josh Gordon.

The offensive line could not sustain blocks. Rich Gannon suggested on the broadcast throwing a go route to Robby Anderson. You need protection to throw deep. Gase had to resort to quick passes like screens and passes at or behind the line of scrimmage because he could not trust the line.

— The wide receivers were not getting open. The Patriots secondary is great. The Jets receving corps is not. Pretty simple.

— You did not have to be Buddy Ryan to come up with a plan to stop the Jets. Take away Le’Veon Bell and the Jets are screwed. That is what Belichick did.

As far as Gregg Williams, you think it was coaching that left those receivers running open early in the game? It was execution.

Too often we point the finger at coaches and excuse the players. This Jets team needs more talent. They will get some as players get healthy in the upcoming weeks and suspensions end. Even then, though, this is not a very talented team. People need to realize that.

2. The most glaring deficiency to me outside of the offensive line was the lack of a pass rush. The Jets barely touched Brady. They had one sack in the game, but that came during Jarrett Stidham’s brief appearance. They had four quarterback hits total.

The defensive line was supposed to be a strength of this team. Leonard Williams was invisible outside of a penalty that gave the Patriots a first down when they should have been off the field. He had three tackles and did not hit the quarterback.

Williams gets all the attention, but Henry Anderson also had a poor game. He had a tackle for loss, but did not touch the quarterback either. He had three total tackles.

Kyle Phillips, an undrafted free agent, led the team with two quarterback hits. Williams is making $14.2 million this season. Anderson signed a $25.2 million deal this offseason. They need more production from those two pricey players.

3. Among the many things ailing the Jets, one area that has been ignored is the lack of production the Jets are getting at tight end. They really miss Chris Herndon, who has one more game to serve on his suspension. A tight end should be a young quarterback’s best friend, but Ryan Griffin only had one catch on one target Sunday. Griffin has four catches in three games.

4. One theme in the postgame locker room was how well timed this bye week is. It is odd to say in Week 4, but the Jets desperately need the week off to regroup and get healthy. The Jets hope to have Sam Darnold, C.J. Mosley and Quinnen Williams back after the break. Jordan Jenkins also may be able to return. The team needs the reinforcements.

Revealing stat: Le’Veon Bell averaged 1.94 yards per rushing attempt. That is the second-lowest average of his career. He averaged 1.85 yards per attempt on Oct. 27, 2013, against the Raiders. That was his fourth NFL game.

Surprising snap count: Braxton Berrios had 30 snaps on offense. It was surprising to see him as the No. 3 receiver over Josh Bellamy.

Game ball: Brian Poole was a tackling machine. The slot corner had 12 tackles and also nearly picked off Brady, one of the few Jets to disrupt the Patriots quarterback.

image.gif

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This wasn’t the Jets disaster to bury Adam Gase with

September 23, 2019 | 12:48pm

The Jets got beat up by the Patriots on Sunday, losing 30-14 to fall to 0-3 this season. Here are some thoughts and observations from the game:

1. Here is what I find odd about the reaction to Sunday’s game.

This was the pregame context: No one gave the Jets a chance in this game. They were historic underdogs in Vegas. They were starting a third-string quarterback in Luke Falk who should be on the practice squad right now. They were missing eight players projected as starters in the summer from a roster that could not afford any injuries. They were facing the NFL’s best defense, which has not allowed a touchdown this season. They were facing Bill Belichick, widely recognized as the greatest coach in the present NFL, maybe ever. They were facing Tom Brady, widely thought to be the best quarterback to ever play the game. They were playing in Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots have not lost since 2017.

All of a sudden, when the ball gets kicked off, it feels like everyone forgets all of that and they want the coach fired, they want the defensive coordinator fired, they want this player benched and can’t believe what they are seeing.

The Jets had no chance of winning this game. None.

Could Adam Gase have called a few more creative plays? Sure. I would have liked to have seen a flea flicker or a reverse or some kind of trick play. But that would not have made much of a difference in this game.

Enlarge Image

The coaches are not blameless in this loss, but pinning this all on them is silly.

The Jets offense was embarrassing, but what was Gase supposed to do? It is easy to say on Twitter he should be more aggressive. He was handcuffed by several things, including Falk making his first NFL start.

A few other impediments:

— The Jets had 12 second and third downs on which they needed more than 10 yards to gain the first down. It is hard to get creative on third-and-19. He does not have Brady back there to fling it to Josh Gordon.

The offensive line could not sustain blocks. Rich Gannon suggested on the broadcast throwing a go route to Robby Anderson. You need protection to throw deep. Gase had to resort to quick passes like screens and passes at or behind the line of scrimmage because he could not trust the line.

— The wide receivers were not getting open. The Patriots secondary is great. The Jets receving corps is not. Pretty simple.

— You did not have to be Buddy Ryan to come up with a plan to stop the Jets. Take away Le’Veon Bell and the Jets are screwed. That is what Belichick did.

As far as Gregg Williams, you think it was coaching that left those receivers running open early in the game? It was execution.

Too often we point the finger at coaches and excuse the players. This Jets team needs more talent. They will get some as players get healthy in the upcoming weeks and suspensions end. Even then, though, this is not a very talented team. People need to realize that.

2. The most glaring deficiency to me outside of the offensive line was the lack of a pass rush. The Jets barely touched Brady. They had one sack in the game, but that came during Jarrett Stidham’s brief appearance. They had four quarterback hits total.

The defensive line was supposed to be a strength of this team. Leonard Williams was invisible outside of a penalty that gave the Patriots a first down when they should have been off the field. He had three tackles and did not hit the quarterback.

Williams gets all the attention, but Henry Anderson also had a poor game. He had a tackle for loss, but did not touch the quarterback either. He had three total tackles.

Kyle Phillips, an undrafted free agent, led the team with two quarterback hits. Williams is making $14.2 million this season. Anderson signed a $25.2 million deal this offseason. They need more production from those two pricey players.

3. Among the many things ailing the Jets, one area that has been ignored is the lack of production the Jets are getting at tight end. They really miss Chris Herndon, who has one more game to serve on his suspension. A tight end should be a young quarterback’s best friend, but Ryan Griffin only had one catch on one target Sunday. Griffin has four catches in three games.

4. One theme in the postgame locker room was how well timed this bye week is. It is odd to say in Week 4, but the Jets desperately need the week off to regroup and get healthy. The Jets hope to have Sam Darnold, C.J. Mosley and Quinnen Williams back after the break. Jordan Jenkins also may be able to return. The team needs the reinforcements.

Revealing stat: Le’Veon Bell averaged 1.94 yards per rushing attempt. That is the second-lowest average of his career. He averaged 1.85 yards per attempt on Oct. 27, 2013, against the Raiders. That was his fourth NFL game.

Surprising snap count: Braxton Berrios had 30 snaps on offense. It was surprising to see him as the No. 3 receiver over Josh Bellamy.

Game ball: Brian Poole was a tackling machine. The slot corner had 12 tackles and also nearly picked off Brady, one of the few Jets to disrupt the Patriots quarterback.

image.gif

Best article I've seen all month.  Look, if Gase sucks all year, fine, can him.  Right now?  Im not throwing blame on a single coach.  Offense, Defense, or Special Teams.....FOR NOW.  They're totally overmatched.

12 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Roster sucks but Gase is not changing the plays to try to maximize the players. If your OL is constantly confused with your zone block scheme then you either work aggressively with them to get it or you change the scheme. If you can't block guys coming on the edge with your zone block then you need to get them some help on plays. There's clearly a lot of confusion on the field before plays so maybe simply the scheme until the players are comfortable in it. 

Yeah, on the surface it seems reasonable.

But let's face it, the Jets OL hasn't been SH!T for a decade. Gase has had them for all of 3 games. Kinda hard to make informed judgments with such a small sample size. I understand the frustration. My frustration is an OL that just can't block. Whatever scheme Gase is employing, it's nothing new to these veterans who have played under countless systems.

My frustration is with a roster that didn't even have a kicker or edge rusher or credible WR and shutdown CB on it. A roster that intimidates NOBODY for a decade. Yeah, Ryan made chicken salad for awhile, but that was mostly playing a brand of football that doesn't exist anymore and that was fairly one-dimensional anyway.

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Best article I've seen all month.  Look, if Gase sucks all year, fine, can him.  Right now?  Im not throwing blame on a single coach.  Offense, Defense, or Special Teams.....FOR NOW.  They're totally overmatched.

My favorite part of this ridiculous article

The Jets had 12 second and third downs on which they needed more than 10 yards to gain the first down. It is hard to get creative on third-and-19. He does not have Brady back there to fling it to Josh Gordon.

Revealing stat: Le’Veon Bell averaged 1.94 yards per rushing attempt. That is the second-lowest average of his career. He averaged 1.85 yards per attempt on Oct. 27, 2013, against the Raiders. That was his fourth NFL game

Seriously? Lol. Gee why were they always facing huge 3 and 20s?

The bell stat is is revealing. It shows that the person who wrote didn't watch the game. Horrible play calls is the reason plus horrible line. But anyone watching could see Bell hasn't lost a step. They just don't give him space or blockers.

I was going to go point by point but honestly it's really just written with willful ignorance. Overmatched is not what we are. We were not over atched by the browns or buff. Hell not even really by NE. We just refused to try to score. God this team frustrates me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, phill1c said:

Yeah, on the surface it seems reasonable.

But let's face it, the Jets OL hasn't been SH!T for a decade. Gase has had them for all of 3 games. Kinda hard to make informed judgments with such a small sample size. I understand the frustration. My frustration is an OL that just can't block. Whatever scheme Gase is employing, it's nothing new to these veterans who have played under countless systems.

My frustration is with a roster that didn't even have a kicker or edge rusher or credible WR and shutdown CB on it. A roster that intimidates NOBODY for a decade. Yeah, Ryan made chicken salad for awhile, but that was mostly playing a brand of football that doesn't exist anymore and that was fairly one-dimensional anyway.

I miss this Thomas Jones days...imagine rex had Darnold vs Sanchez...hell like Falk vs Sanchez.

19 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

In Truth the guy I wanted the Jets to hire , once Shannahan wasn't an option, was OC Todd Monken.....

Monken ran an outstanding offense in TB, with a QB who was erratic at best and he knows how to relate to young players.  Jets were thinking "let's not go with another first time HC"

Wrong...... they should have been thinking let's go with the BEST COACH possible..

And Monken was that dude...

With that said we have to give Gase more time!

I really wanted Monken too. Ultimately, the only positive from the Gase hire will be getting rid of Mac and getting Joe Douglas.

I’ll tell you one thing, I’ll give Gase a pass on not making the playoffs, due to Mac providing empty cupboards. But, if the offense continues to look the way it has when Darnold comes back, Gase has got to go.

Offense is on pace to be historically bad. If Gase can’t develop Darnold then he has no reason to be the coach. No reason to drag it out, if the offense continues to look like it has and Darnold isn’t improving...don’t waste time Joe D. Cut bait...and guess who will still be available next year?...

Monken!

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, Integrity28 said:

My point is he sucks. Regardless of when they may or may not fire him, there’s folks here insulating him with bullsh*t excuses. This is for them.

Not saying he is great but with that oline there is literally nothing we can do on offense.

• Upvote 1

These over the top he sucks threads must be easy when you have no idea what you're watching.

HTH can you determine anything when you're starting your third string QB on a team with as many holes as the Jets have through Maccs miserable drafting and injury.  

We' went dealt a bad hand that no a lint of coaching can fix.  

Look around the league and see semi competent backup QB play?  Yeah a bridgewater on a SB type team?

Wake up and chill out already, it's pointless whining 

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I miss this Thomas Jones days...imagine rex had Darnold vs Sanchez...hell like Falk vs Sanchez.

I miss the Vinny Testaverde days: A potent offense that could beat you ALL ways:

• Curtis Martin running
  • The strong, accurate (that year) arm of Vinny Testaverde
  • Receivers that got open, very open
  • An OL best at pass blocking but adequate in the run game too.

Sh!t, give me the Kenny O'Brien days and I'd be ecstatic.

This is appearing to be a great step back. I saw the first and second preseason games and thought the kernel of effective offense was there. I'm seeing a Todd Bowles offense right now.

SMALL SAMPLE I KNOW...but it can get to you when this happens year after year. how can anything be that bad in so many different yet same ways????

i'm insane...

On 9/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Jets are down 2 scores with 4:46 left and get the ball back, unfortunately on their own 1. 3 timeouts left. You have to score on this possession - quickly, and hopefully without using any timeouts.

Gase calls a run on 1st down and 3rd down then punts. **** off bro. What is that?

This is why we need a top 3 pick this year. We can draft a punter with our first and a holder who can punt with our second. That way Gase can play trick football. Imagine, we get the ball and our first play is a punt. We do that time and time again.  Imagine how many teams we can fool by playing that way. I call that, Innovative Offensive Football. 

On 9/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, Integrity28 said:

Injuries and Mac/Idzik drafting aside. This guy was never a good hire for us. Those defending him are denying history - even if everything was ideal, he’d still be running a crap offense with no creativity and out-smarting himself.

i'm sure the patsie fans said the same thing about the bellichicken.  and even parcells wasn't such a ball of fire his first season or two.  at least give the guy some time.  what's one of the keys to all these guys and bad records?  a bad qb situation.

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

i'm sure the patsie fans said the same thing about the bellichicken.  and even parcells wasn't such a ball of fire his first season or two.  at least give the guy some time.  what's one of the keys to all these guys and bad records?  a bad qb situation.

Or you know, he compares to an endless list of other sh*tty coaches that just stayed sh*tty, as opposed to some nonsensically baseless comparison you're trying to make related to a guy who's on year 4 of a career of complete failure.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, Paradis said:

I'm sick to death of having this divide of blame between who was handcuffed with who -- we have to stop with this staggered hiring of HCs and GMs.

Turn Joe Douglas loose. Let him fire/hire whoever he wants and let the ship sink or swim. 

This is the best idea the Johnson’s are too stupid to make

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The most truly unique thing about hiring Gase is that you knew he completely sucks right from the start. Like you didn’t even need a grace or honeymoon period. Like cracking open a bottle of skunked beer

Thats why we as fans are rabid dogs right now.  Gase doesnt get a year or two to get this going.  And its not just wins snd loses.  Its about this offense moving the ball.  He gets a longer leash if we are losing but scoring 25-30 points a game.

Adam gase gets no leash regarding this offense.  Hes got a qb, a rb, a deep threat and a possession guy.  Get it done and get it done now.  You are the offensive genius.  No excuses.  Philly next sunday.  Score some damn points!!!!!!!

Gase was literally the coach I wanted the Jets to hire less than absolutely anyone. I saw years of evidence that gave endless reasons to believe he wasn't cut out for the job, and the only thing saying otherwise were simply a list of excuses for his failure.
I've spent months convincing myself to give him some benefit of the doubt, as this was happening regardless, but everything we've seen has just been continuing the trend of what he's shown his entire career, whenever he didn't have Peyton Manning there to simply be Peyton.

Everything I would have said was said in your post. I have tried and am still trying but come on.
I just hope Douglas can fire his buddy if it continues this way. I hope he’s professional enough to put friendship and feelings aside to do what needs to be done.

Ps. I have a sneaking suspicion that Douglas doesn’t like Gase as much as Gase likes him. I don’t know why exactly but I thought it the day of Douglas’ press conference. I could be wrong but it’s a thought I’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No one is anyone's "boy" when your talking about your career & a seven figure salary. Joe would put Gase out to pasture in a heartbeat.

That’s the hope. Let’s see.
I would think there would at least be some consideration of giving Gase one more year from Douglas’ standpoint.

That’s a very real concern of mine if things continue to look as grim as they do currently

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 9/23/2019 at 10:05 AM, Philc1 said:

Can we get Bowles back?

are you serious?,,,all this negativity after 3 games with a practice squad QB who had never taken an NFL snap. I too am disappointing in this start but there are extenuating circumstances. Lets put the lynch rope away until we get our starting QB healthy, as well as our linebacker and rookie DT. To even suggest that Bowles is a better head coach after you have seem him for the last 4 years is delusional.

giphy.gif

Adam Gase is awful.  That is not debateable.  Only the Delusional Homer Club thinks hes good.

Im sure if adam gase was coach of the bills and this same situation happened to them, all you adam gase lovers would be making excuses as to why the bills stink.

No, you would all be laughing saying, “why did the bills hire that clown”.

Get real Delusional Homer Club.  Adam gase is awful.