Gase Calls out Players for not Knowing Assignments

JetNation

Adam Gase

Jets fans are frustrated, Jets players are frustrated and Jets head coach Adam Gase is frustrated.  As the team sits at 0-3 with no wins in sight, Gase was asked after today’s embarrassing loss about why the team has struggled to get things going on offense.  His reply?  “It’s frustrating to see a guy that’s in his first NFL start (QB Luke Falk) knows what’s going on and other guys aren’t executing the way it should be done”.  Surely an indictment of some of his players.

Adam Gase essentially saying Luke Falk had a good idea of the plays… but his teammates did not:

"That was frustrating to see that the guy that’s in his first NFL start knows what’s going on and other guys aren’t executing the way it should be done."

Ouch.

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) September 22, 2019

Former Jets lineman Damien Woody joined other on twitter in holding Gase accountable for his decisions as a head coach, suggesting he throw out plays that players aren’t grasping, saying “it’s a problem” if a team isn’t grasping what the coaches are teaching.

Reading some of the quotes from Gase & here’s my question…..did the players execute the plays during practice? If not, should’ve tossed it out. Coaches are teachers & if your players aren’t grasping things then that’s a problem #Jets

— Damien Woody (@damienwoody) September 22, 2019

Gase has never been shy about calling out his players and there’s no reason why he should be.  But to suggest they’re on the playing field but don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing isn’t a great look for him and his staff either.

The post Gase Calls out Players for not Knowing Assignments appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
2Z9NPaKZCYA

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Greg Williams benched a 75 million dollar trash Cornerback because he wasnt producing in order to send a message. Who has Gase benched? 

The results reflect leadership coach. 

Jonathonn Harrison and he cut all the bad TEs. What other offensive studs would you like benched and who replaces them?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Watching the giants game (I know it's just the bucs) but they have engram and Sheppard open in the field on a ton of plays. 

Our WRs cant even get open for the QB. Is it the scheme, the player himself? I have to believe it's the scheme because Robby has shown he can get open

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Adam Gase

Jets fans are frustrated, Jets players are frustrated and Jets head coach Adam Gase is frustrated.  As the team sits at 0-3 with no wins in sight, Gase was asked after today’s embarrassing loss about why the team has struggled to get things going on offense.  His reply?  “It’s frustrating to see a guy that’s in his first NFL start (QB Luke Falk) knows what’s going on and other guys aren’t executing the way it should be done”.  Surely an indictment of some of his players.

Adam Gase essentially saying Luke Falk had a good idea of the plays… but his teammates did not:

"That was frustrating to see that the guy that’s in his first NFL start knows what’s going on and other guys aren’t executing the way it should be done."

Ouch.

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) September 22, 2019

Former Jets lineman Damien Woody joined other on twitter in holding Gase accountable for his decisions as a head coach, suggesting he throw out plays that players aren’t grasping, saying “it’s a problem” if a team isn’t grasping what the coaches are teaching.

Reading some of the quotes from Gase & here’s my question…..did the players execute the plays during practice? If not, should’ve tossed it out. Coaches are teachers & if your players aren’t grasping things then that’s a problem #Jets

— Damien Woody (@damienwoody) September 22, 2019

Gase has never been shy about calling out his players and there’s no reason why he should be.  But to suggest they’re on the playing field but don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing isn’t a great look for him and his staff either.

The post Gase Calls out Players for not Knowing Assignments appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

2Z9NPaKZCYA

Click here to read the full story...

This is beginning of the end for Gase.  To blame anyone else for this mess is disgusting.  What will he say after he's 0-7?  The players will revolt.  The fans will revolt.  If he even implies this again this season he will be fired and for good reason.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

It's called ACCOUNTABILITY.

Ryan:  "These guys are great, they are the best, it's not their fault."

Bowles:  "It's on me, I have to do a better job."

Gase:  "There are players who have been here long enough, they know the offense, and they are missing their assignments."

You don't get an ACCOUNTABLE locker room by taking the blame yourself.  No successful business leader takes the blame because a subordinate blew his assignment.

SAR I

It seems to really be working!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase:  "There are players who have been here long enough, they know the offense, and they are missing their assignments."

You don't get an ACCOUNTABLE locker room by taking the blame yourself.  No successful business leader takes the blame because a subordinate blew his assignment.

SAR I

We know this is bullsh*t because Bowles obviously has to look at the tape.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We all saw Robbie Anderson and Crowder drifting aimlessly around the field today. What's the remedy? Demaryius Thomas? 

Crowder should be a slot guy. If he's split wide BC you don't have Thomas nor Herndon it's not going to work. Keeps coming back to a pathetic OL. They cannot keep defenders off the QB,and don't open holes for Bell. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Throwing players under the bus in public isn’t accountability. It’s his job to make them play correctly.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Greg Williams benched a 75 million dollar trash Cornerback because he wasnt producing in order to send a message. Who has Gase benched? 

The results reflect leadership coach. 

So you're going to play who over these guys? Anderson is a 3rd WR, Herndon's suspended until week 5, The OL is from hunger. Pats were getting to Falk with 3 rushing. Would wager this OL is going to grade out as the worst in the entire NFL this week. 

• Upvote 2