Gase Calls out Players for not Knowing Assignments

JetNation

Holding players accountable is great. SO I'll ask a couple of posters above how during his last post game presser he stated he would look at everything then essentially has the SAME  GAME PLAN, SAME OL BLOCKING SCHEMES - BTW some of these guys played better last year (just saying),  the same bad conservative play calling and then in today's presser he says the same dam thing.  Deja VU boys....

I ran multiple million dollars business for some very large tech companies and I never ever called out a subordinate who was not performing in public.  I did it behind closed doors and if you had to make a change you did in a way that people respect and understand.  

AS  other posters stated, its the coaches (bus manager too) responsibility to recognize dysfunction and fix it.  What am I missing here...  If the guy is not preforming in the in practice that means he isn't going to in the game either... Parcells said that over and over....  you are what you practice.   Seems this HC is to ego centric to recognize he needs to adjust his coaching cause at this point its not working and very soon it may fall on deft ears. 

IMHO,  he is part of the problem and at this point - and maybe long term -  and not the solution.  We are headed for 0-6 gents and as a poster stated above the wheels are already coming off.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans, December 2018: God this team blows fire everyone

Jets fans, September 2019: Why doesn’t this coach who’s been here for eight months have us in playoff contention?

He should just trade everyone to Cleveland, because, you know, it's not HIS fault.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Please expound as to what type of offense he should be running with the players he has at his disposal. 

There are guys running free at our QB in the first 3 games. One on one matchups with Myles garret? 6 guys coming at the QB with 5 guys to block? No designed roll outs? 

You don't see an issue with this? Then idk what to tell you 

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The Jags have a very strong roster around their QB. The Jets QBs are surrounded by trash.

They do?  Their OL is terrible, Fournette is a bust, their WRs are weak and they have no TE.   They have a good D but I’m not sure how that helps Minshew score TDs. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think when the QB play is bad, everyone on offense stops playing hard. You saw that this afternoon with the Giants—the first two weeks that offense looked as talent poor as any in the league with Eli. With Daniel Jones, they had guys you couldn’t even name making plays all over the field. Same thing in Carolina. 

I think an overarching issue here is Jones and Allen were making throws the Jets starter cant make. Who knows if Gase knows personnel or not but if he makes it through the season just by reading the tea leaves the entire offense (and potentially the QB) will be totally different.

• Sympathy 1

It’s interesting and obviously true that many people didn’t know their assignments. Something we’ve seen a lot of around here. But it’s his job to coach this up and make sure they understand their roles. I’m giving Gase time but these kind of performances are on him and on them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

There are guys running free at our QB in the first 3 games. One on one matchups with Myles garret? 6 guys coming at the QB with 5 guys to block? No designed roll outs? 

You don't see an issue with this? Then idk what to tell you 

Kelvin Beachum makes $11 million dollars to at least try and get in Myles Garrett’s way and he didn’t do it. In the Giants game tonight, Broncos castoff Shaq Barrett beat Nate Solder for four sacks in a fifteen minute span. Sometimes, there’s not much you can do. Gase said he could have kept Le’Veon Bell in to block, but that wasn’t going to help Luke Falk much. Falk holds the ball like it’s covered in pine tar. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How's the Steelers OL?  You know, the team that was picked by most to win the AFC North.  Asking for a friend.

SAR I

Well Dr. SarBOT, your friend is an imbecile.  Most picked the Browns to win the AFC North, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good response.  Who’s to blame for the Jets having a terrible OL?  According to YOU Chris Johnson made the free agency signings decisions AND the draft picks so he’s to blame.

The Steelers have a better OL than the Jets (thanks to Chris Johnson) but that doesn’t explain the horrid play calling and adjustments that Gase didn’t make.

And the Jets give great relocation packages!  Right?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In the face of significant adversity and disappointment, the team is not imploding, the team is still fighting hard on every down.

I'll bet you anything that back in August you had the Jets at 1-2 by the end of Week 3.  So we're 1 game off the pace despite having the worst QB situation in the NFLSo Adam Gase owes you 1 game.  Let's see if he can get it for you.

No loss is fun for a fanbase, but only Jets fans lose so stupidly.

SAR I

At this point, it doesn’t appear that will be coming this year.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In the face of significant adversity and disappointment, the team is not imploding, the team is still fighting hard on every down.

I'll bet you anything that back in August you had the Jets at 1-2 by the end of Week 3.  So we're 1 game off the pace despite having the worst QB situation in the NFLSo Adam Gase owes you 1 game.  Let's see if he can get it for you.

SAR I

At this point, it doesn’t appear that will be coming this year.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think an overarching issue here is Jones and Allen were making throws the Jets starter cant make. Who knows if Gase knows personnel or not but if he makes it through the season just by reading the tea leaves the entire offense (and potentially the QB) will be totally different.

Jones, in particular, makes some throws that only Drew Brees and Peyton could make. Those tosses to the corner against tight coverage are next level. That said, Gase is ride or die with Darnold, and he’ll be long gone if Darnold is a bust anyway. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, funaz said:

Seriously, one of the BIGGEST complaints about bowles was he didn't call out players. Now the new guy calls out players and we say its on him. 

It's crazy.

Is it so hard to believe that Robbie Anderson doesn’t know where he’s supposed to be on the football field at any given time? He’s 6’3” with flypaper hands, runs a legit 4.3/40 and went undrafted. That may be because he’s got the brain of a fruit fly. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kelvin Beachum makes $11 million dollars to at least try and get in Myles Garrett’s way and he didn’t do it. In the Giants game tonight, Broncos castoff Shaq Barrett beat Nate Solder for four sacks in a fifteen minute span. Sometimes, there’s not much you can do. Gase said he could have kept Le’Veon Bell in to block, but that wasn’t going to help Luke Falk much. Falk holds the ball like it’s covered in pine tar. 

Yes Beachum gets paid nicely but he was left on an island with a far superior talent and that talent is going to prevail more times than not. 

And I'm glad you bought the giants game up. They had WRs running wide open all over the field because of Shurmurs scheme today. It's a big part of the reason Jones looked so good. Falk is holding onto the ball because our guys are completely covered. We saw that in the Bill's game with Darnold in as well 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How's the Steelers OL?  You know, the team that was picked by most to win the AFC North.  Asking for a friend.

SAR I

We lose Darnold, your 11-5 prediction doesn't count. They lose Ben, HEY HOW BOUT THOSE STEELERS. We may need to review how the I told you so thing works. Slowly and using small words.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Yes Beachum gets paid nicely but he was left on an island with a far superior talent and that talent is going to prevail more times than not. 

And I'm glad you bought the giants game up. They had WRs running wide open all over the field because of Shurmurs scheme today. It's a big part of the reason Jones looked so good. Falk is holding onto the ball because our guys are completely covered. We saw that in the Bill's game with Darnold in as well 

The Bills also have the second best secondary in the league after New England.

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Sorry bro but he has not adjusted to anything. The same things keep happening week after week on the offense and he hasn't adjusted at all. 

And you're a jackass for calling people idiots because we have different opinions. 

What’s the adjustment that makes your O line better run blockers and stops them from giving DEs and OLBs free rushes at the QB?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Can we bench Gase instead and play Bell and Montgomery at the same time and use different formations and spread them out as WRs instead of running up the middle and draw plays the whole game?

That’s a great idea! Let’s spread everything out so there are no TE’s or RB’s to help the overwhelmed offensive line!

Let’s run the Rams offense with a third string quarterback against three of the best defenses in the NFL. How could that go wrong?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Please expound as to what type of offense he should be running with the players he has at his disposal. 

The last 2 OL guys picked by the jets in the first round are retired. For years. And the only pick taken in the 2nd was by Mike Tannenbaum and was Vlad Ducasse. Think of it in these terms; while the Jets were picking Darren Lees and Leo Williams and Richardson and the like,  they could have picked OL guys instead. You cannot ignoe that important part of your team for this long. And there aren't really any depth picks nor any finds. They're all below average JAGs. Beachum is the LT; he's getting bumrushed on a weekly basis. THAT CANNOT HAPPEN. We're always talking about Adams, but that isn't even one I'm bringing up. How do you take Maye over an OL when this offense has been a disaster area forever? Osemele and Kalil are here and making a mess because of those kinds of draft mistakes. Again, the Pats mostly rushed 3 and got to Falk. Seems like for DECADES the Jets picked and signed DBs and DL guys and acted like they could sign OL guys off the street. IT'S INSANE. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Because their OL gave the QB time to set up and make throws. 

• Upvote 2

Well it can’t get much worse. The bye week couldn’t come at a better time. Blame everything you want on the staff until we have the major depth we need on the o- Line this is what Gase was dealt. Mike Mac didn’t trade down to address this. Joe D did his best when he came in to late. So after watching this team for 50 years now I know frustration. Untimely injuries and a third string QB does not help. So suck it up and remember it’s just a game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'll bet you anything that back in August you had the Jets at 1-2 by the end of Week 3.  So we're 1 game off the pace despite having the worst QB situation in the NFL.  So Adam Gase owes you 1 game.  Let's see if he can get it for you.

SAR I

Kissing ass the whole way seems like a dumber way to lose than whatever you're talking about.

31 minutes ago, SOJ said:

Holding players accountable is great. SO I'll ask a couple of posters above how during his last post game presser he stated he would look at everything then essentially has the SAME  GAME PLAN, SAME OL BLOCKING SCHEMES - BTW some of these guys played better last year (just saying),  the same bad conservative play calling and then in today's presser he says the same dam thing.  Deja VU boys....

I ran multiple million dollars business for some very large tech companies and I never ever called out a subordinate who was not performing in public.  I did it behind closed doors and if you had to make a change you did in a way that people respect and understand.  

AS  other posters stated, its the coaches (bus manager too) responsibility to recognize dysfunction and fix it.  What am I missing here...  If the guy is not preforming in the in practice that means he isn't going to in the game either... Parcells said that over and over....  you are what you practice.   Seems this HC is to ego centric to recognize he needs to adjust his coaching cause at this point its not working and very soon it may fall on deft ears. 

IMHO,  he is part of the problem and at this point - and maybe long term -  and not the solution.  We are headed for 0-6 gents and as a poster stated above the wheels are already coming off.

Did you have to hold daily press conferences. Daily Q&As for the media?