Jump to content
JetNation

Gase Calls out Players for not Knowing Assignments

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

He has already lost the team.

lol faster than Rex or Bowles, it’s incredible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That’s a great idea! Let’s spread everything out so there are no TE’s or RB’s to help the overwhelmed offensive line!

Let’s run the Rams offense with a third string quarterback against three of the best defenses in the NFL. How could that go wrong?

SAR I

It opens up the defense and doesn’t allow them to crowd the line waiting for Bell to run a draw or get a dump off. And you don’t do it every play. They just need to keep the defense honest. Doing the same thing over and over is really working out great. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What’s the adjustment that makes your O line better run blockers and stops them from giving DEs and OLBs free rushes at the QB?

Keep in 10 guys to block. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take:

- 3 QBs in 3 weeks against some of the top defenses in the NFL. Darnold having mono really shouldn't be overlooked here.

- Missing Mosley and Williams is a big deal. 

- I can understand players not giving 100% right now. (Both mentally and physically) Save your bodies until after you get Darnold, Williams, and Mosley back. Why risk injury in a game when the 3 string QB on a short week is going against the Super Bowl Champs and clear favorite to repeat?

- Our OL is terrible, that is the worst part of this whole situation. I can explain lack of weapons, kicking worse, and defensive breakdowns but this starting OL will get Darnold killed

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to play calling these last 3 games Gase is bad and he should feel bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

My take:

- 3 QBs in 3 weeks against some of the top defenses in the NFL. Darnold having mono really shouldn't be overlooked here.

- Missing Mosley and Williams is a big deal. 

- I can understand players not giving 100% right now. (Both mentally and physically) Save your bodies until after you get Darnold, Williams, and Mosley back. Why risk injury in a game when the 3 string QB on a short week is going against the Super Bowl Champs and clear favorite to repeat?

- Our OL is terrible, that is the worst part of this whole situation. I can explain lack of weapons, kicking worse, and defensive breakdowns but this starting OL will get Darnold killed

Really?  Are we getting a refund because the players don't feel a need to give 100%???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Every single offensive lineman gase inherited sucks.  This is why the gm was fired and why the pick in the top 6 every year.  
Two of them are former prowbowlers the rest we had last year and did significantly better. Honestly they looked fairly good in their limited time during the preseason...What happened between then and now?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bealeb319 said:

Two of them are former prowbowlers the rest we had last year and did significantly better. Honestly they looked fairly good in their limited time during the preseason...What happened between then and now?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

The starters didn’t play in preseason.  The backups played and looked ok.  Edoga looked good at RT.  All of them suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Only an idiot would ignore the fact that we haven’t had an NFL quarterback under center in any of our first 3 games. 

You act like QB hasn’t been a problem. “Adjustments” aren’t possible when 3 of the top defenses in the NFL put 11 in the box because they know you don’t have a quarterback. 

SAR I

Nice quote. But I guess you forgot about all those DLs coming past the line of scrimmage uncontested into the backfield. So it doesn't matter who's at QB with this OL...maybe Michael Vick in his prime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is something Gase did in Miami constantly. He would get in front of the podium and call out everyone on the team except Tannehill and himself. It got old real fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Some facts:

1. It's the worst roster in football. 

2. It's the worst QB room in football.

3. Maccagnan was in charge of the roster up through late May. 

 

None of these facts mean that Adam Gase isn't a bad coach, but they all add up to mean that you don't know if Gase is bad. Can you reactionary turds give Gase one (1) offseason to get some players he actually likes before we assume he's the reason the team has been garbage for the past five years?

Haven't you heard?  Many people here think Douglas should be fired to because he didn't put together an all-star roster shopping at garage sales.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Two of them are former prowbowlers the rest we had last year and did significantly better. Honestly they looked fairly good in their limited time during the preseason...What happened between then and now?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Great point.

I have the same question.  The Jets felt (and most of us did as well) that the line was incrementally improved by adding Osemele, Compton, drafting Edoga, signing Kalil.  At a minimum, it shouldn't have gotten worse.

To take it a step further, the hiring of Frank Pollack looked like a killer move this offseason.  He's highly regarded as one of the best OLine coaches in the NFL.

The fact that some minor additions of talent, hiring an Offensive HC, hiring what was thought to be a stud OLine coach has led to this is mind-boggling to me.  I honestly didn't expect it.  I would have bet money the OLine would be at least 20% better this season and that it would "hold the fort" for a year until we could make impactful upgrades by using very early Draft picks and letting Joe Douglas work some free agent magic at a spot or two.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Name a single position group that you feel the Jets are much stronger at than Jacksonville. 

Punter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

My take:

- 3 QBs in 3 weeks against some of the top defenses in the NFL. Darnold having mono really shouldn't be overlooked here.

- Missing Mosley and Williams is a big deal. 

- I can understand players not giving 100% right now. (Both mentally and physically) Save your bodies until after you get Darnold, Williams, and Mosley back. Why risk injury in a game when the 3 string QB on a short week is going against the Super Bowl Champs and clear favorite to repeat?

- Our OL is terrible, that is the worst part of this whole situation. I can explain lack of weapons, kicking worse, and defensive breakdowns but this starting OL will get Darnold killed

ILBs are no big deal, you do not win and lose with ilbs in this league.  Mosley is a smart player and a fine leader he would have had zero effect on the game today.

I cannot believe you actually posted the 2rd point.  Give low effort to save your self for when you are 0-6 on the year. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to say goodbye to Gase if his players quit on him in just the 3rd game of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

ILBs are no big deal, you do not win and lose with ilbs in this league.  Mosley is a smart player and a fine leader he would have had zero effect on the game today.

I cannot believe you actually posted the 2rd point.  Give low effort to save your self for when you are 0-6 on the year. 

The Jets aren't 0 and 6.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

ILBs are no big deal, you do not win and lose with ilbs in this league.  Mosley is a smart player and a fine leader he would have had zero effect on the game today.

I cannot believe you actually posted the 2rd point.  Give low effort to save your self for when you are 0-6 on the year. 

We, quite literally, watched this team lose week 1 because our ILB went down.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It opens up the defense and doesn’t allow them to crowd the line waiting for Bell to run a draw or get a dump off. And you don’t do it every play. They just need to keep the defense honest. Doing the same thing over and over is really working out great. 

The spread doesn't really spread out the defense all that much. Especially if your slots aren't elite perimeter threats. I did a whole write up on it in the off-season. All you do is make the nickel defenders apex, but not enough to where they can't still fold in and get to their run fits. Often by COMPRESSING the offense, you open up space outside. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets aren't 0 and 6.

"- I can understand players not giving 100% right now. (Both mentally and physically) Save your bodies until after you get Darnold, Williams, and Mosley back. Why risk injury in a game when the 3 string QB on a short week is going against the Super Bowl Champs and clear favorite to repeat? '

They could very well be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Never Gase’s fault

Blame is a strange thing in a team sport. Let me play along with your point....

If I knew nothing about the Jets and this season, and I turned on the television at 1pm today after coming out of a two year coma and was asked who was primarily at fault for today’s loss...... my answer would probably be Luke Falk.  But we are giving him a pass why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Blame is a strange thing in a team sport. Let me play along with your point....

If I knew nothing about the Jets and this season, and I turned on the television at 1pm today after coming out of a two year coma and was asked who was primarily at fault for today’s loss...... my answer would probably be Luke Falk.  But we are giving him a pass why? 

You know the answer to that question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damien Woody and Manish should STFU!  The players can't grasp what the coaches are teaching because they are stupid no talent idiots that the last 2 GM's drafted/signed the last 6 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Because their OL gave the QB time to set up and make throws. 

Finally someone gets it. The line is so bad they can’t hold up on anything other then a quick slat. Every NFL team we play this year will play with a stacked box.

At the rate we’ve played this year, over 16 games we will have 4 offensive Touchdowns!!

 Gase is gone after week 7 when new NFL Super Star Gardner Minshew kicks our ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even know what to think anymore, and I'm the most pessimistic Jets fan on the planet. Never liked the Gase hiring. He lost his players in Miami and I can see the same thing happening here.

In Gase's defense, he's stuck with an offensive line that couldn't stop a Pop Warner team from nuking the LOS and killing the QB. 

In his defense again, nuke a bunch of starters with injuries on a roster anything but deep.

I got sucked back in this season with hope and have been rewarded accordingly. It's so bad I can't even get upset anymore.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I don't even know what to think anymore, and I'm the most pessimistic Jets fan on the planet. Never liked the Gase hiring. He lost his players in Miami and I can see the same thing happening here.

In Gase's defense, he's stuck with an offensive line that couldn't stop a Pop Warner team from nuking the LOS and killing the QB. 

In his defense again, nuke a bunch of starters with injuries on a roster anything but deep.

I got sucked back in this season with hope and have been rewarded accordingly. It's so bad I can't even get upset anymore.

That's exactly where I've moved to.  Not even angry or bummed about this.  Kinda numb.

I think I'm in the apathy stage.  Acceptance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I don't even know what to think anymore, and I'm the most pessimistic Jets fan on the planet. Never liked the Gase hiring. He lost his players in Miami and I can see the same thing happening here.

In Gase's defense, he's stuck with an offensive line that couldn't stop a Pop Warner team from nuking the LOS and killing the QB. 

In his defense again, nuke a bunch of starters with injuries on a roster anything but deep.

I got sucked back in this season with hope and have been rewarded accordingly. It's so bad I can't even get upset anymore.

I’m afraid I did to, it’s not happening again.

This is the first season ever for me, that I knew 100% it was over after week 1!

What a total shambles, I’m also now very wary that Sam isn’t all that either. He also seems fragile which isn’t good for a QB.

If Sam isn’t a franchise QB, we may as well be an expansion team we are that bad.

On a positive note we seem set At ILB 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SAR I said:

For what?

Designing conservative gameplans around a hospital patient (Buffalo), a backup (Cleveland), and a third-string scrub (New England)?  Once in the last 20 years has a head coach had 3 different starting quarterbacks in the first 3 weeks of an NFL season.  Gase was handed a challenge when it came to our Maccagnan roster; he was thrown in a minefield with the QB situation.

Let's see what happens Weeks 4-8 before judging the man.  You people are idiots.

SAR I

Agreed....its a new coach,new scheme. It takes a while for players  to get used to it.

Same thing happened when Gase took over the Dolphins.  It looked a mess the first 4 weeks  or so and the fans were calling for Gases head. Then all of a sudden it clicked and the Dolphins were  playoff bound!

 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Flying High said:

Agreed....its a new coach,new scheme. It takes a while for players  to get used to it.

Same thing happened when Gase took over the Dolphins.  It looked a mess the first 4 weeks  or so and the fans were calling for Gases head. Then all of a sudden it clicked and the Dolphins were  playoff bound!

 

I'm honestly trying to give him the benefit of the doubt given all the injuries so I'm keeping an open mind,...but Sam being out until almost mid season means his 3 games under his belt reaches into late November. We's be done this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...