This team will be 3 and 3

Maxman

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Things are definitely off to a rough start. Exhale. The bye is coming at the perfect time.

So you actually think that they will beat the Eagles in Philly, the Cowboys before a majority Cowboys crowd at home and the Pats on Monday night? Please share the drugs you're taking. They couldn't do that with every injured player returning.

I've been a Jet fan since before Joe Namath and I have no intention of changing that. But the reality is that our offensive line is the worst I've seen in a long time, they have few playmakers on either side of the ball, and they have no cornerbacks that cover anyone and no pass rush to boot (has Leonard Williams taken an invisibility potion?).

I'm just tired of the snickers and the pity that I get when people see I'm a Jet fan. Sure, I would like a trip to the Super Bowl, but right now, all I want is to cease being the laughing stock of the league.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love these empty predictions that keep getting made by the delusional homers club that never come to fruition.

Can the poster who starter this thread ressurect it after we lose the eagles game and let us know how foolish you were to predicting this?  Thanks.

No but you can bump it if it doesn't come true. Pretty lazy of you.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love these empty predictions that keep getting made by the delusional homers club that never come to fruition.

Can the poster who starter this thread ressurect it after we lose the eagles game and let us know how foolish you were to predicting this?  Thanks.

You talking about empty predictions is f*cking laughable.

How'd Jarrett "we should have drafted him" Stidham look today?

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He came in cold off the bench for 1 series.      That has no bearing on my prediction that he will flawlessy replace brady when the time comes.

Sooooooounds like you're just making excuses for a QB that came in and threw a Hackenberg-esque pick-six to this forums whipping boy.

Weird how when you make an excuse for someone it's valid, and when others try and do the same in order to make valid arguments, you lump them in the "delusional homers club".

People are being overly dramatic as usual.  The truth is we will win some games this year assuming Darnold makes it back. We might not make it to 500, and we won’t be going to the playoffs, but there is more here than what we’ve shown.

we have happened to hit three top tier defenses in a row, and yea NE smashed our defense today, but that can improve when our playcaller on D comes back.  At the very least, we can conceivably keep things competitive on that end.

Will we be able to fix the OL to give us a chance in some games?  I think so.  Good OL play is often less about raw talent and more about reps, continuity and coaching.

The season is long..  things change week to week in the NFL.  We shall see.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sooooooounds like you're just making excuses for a sh*t QB that came in and threw a Hackenberg-esque pick-six to this forums whipping boy.

Weird how when you make an excuse for someone it's valid, and when others try and do the same in order to make valid arguments, you lump them in the "delusional homers club".

You’re right.  Pats should cut him tomorrow.  1 series is more then enough playing time.

• Haha 1

Buffalo, Cleveland and New England....Combined record =  7 - 1 ?

Cleveland is hanging in there with the LA Rams tonight.  Buffalo and New England are undefeated.

The Jets are 0-3 playing one game with a QB who unknowingly had mononucleosis and the other two with a 3rd string QB.

Things look really bad right now but I want to make sure the big picture is being kept in mind.  I do think this team will get some things turned around once 2 of the 3 best players on the team, Darnold and Mosely, are back.  

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Things are definitely off to a rough start. Exhale. The bye is coming at the perfect time.

Closing in on 10,000 impressions and over 150 likes already. I am glad that I can help get the word out. People need to know that better days are coming.

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look we could have beaten a decent Bills team in game 1. And that was with Darnold. So we’re going to win some games. But not 3-3.  We might win 5 but only if there’s improvement. 

I said it so it will be true until it isn't true. I feel good about the Eagles game, so this should live at least two weeks anyway.  :)

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

You talking about empty predictions is f*cking laughable.

How'd Jarrett "we should have drafted him" Stidham look today?

One series enough to bury Stidham meanwhile Jets fans still debate whether Sanchez and Geno sucked or were victims of circumstance.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

One series enough to bury Stidham meanwhile Jets fans still debate whether Sanchez and Geno sucked or were victims of circumstance.

I'm not actually burying Stidham.  I actually liked the kid.

That waste of bandwidth was talking about how we should've have drafted Stidham a couple of weeks ago to "replace Dinkin' Darnold" and how we're going to regret passing on him now, just like he did with Johnny Manziel. 

I was, more or less, rubbing his nose in sh*t.

3 hours ago, Hael said:

People are being overly dramatic as usual.  The truth is we will win some games this year assuming Darnold makes it back. We might not make it to 500, and we won’t be going to the playoffs, but there is more here than what we’ve shown.

we have happened to hit three top tier defenses in a row, and yea NE smashed our defense today, but that can improve when our playcaller on D comes back.  At the very least, we can conceivably keep things competitive on that end.

Will we be able to fix the OL to give us a chance in some games?  I think so.  Good OL play is often less about raw talent and more about reps, continuity and coaching.

The season is long..  things change week to week in the NFL.  We shall see.

Win some games, agreed that’s possible.

Might not get to 500 (spits coffee out) you think !!!? 

Keeping things competitive is going to be a challenge for all 16 games this year.

Now my personal favourite, “Will we be able to fix the line?”. Not unless there is a Draft mid season. This unit is power sh*t. It’s not even a Pro level line, it also seems like it’s coached poorly to.

I don’t think Gase as the balls to change it. I’d play Harrison, Lewis, and Edoga it’s clear Kali, Winters, Beachum are done.

Good Oline play is about drafting superior talent, and then having them play in a unit.

Based on that, you could say the same about Dline play, is all about reps and not talent. 

This stuff is hyper homerism, We just aren’t competitive in any phase of the game right now. Specials perhaps but that’s it. 

We get to 0-6 and Douglas sells the family silver. I’d expect Adams’s and a few others traded for picks. Gase is one and done, and big Joe has a free pass.

Buckle up it’s going to be a very bumpy ride.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Win some games, agreed that’s possible.

Might not get to 500 (spits coffee out) you think !!!? 

Keeping things competitive is going to be a challenge for all 16 games this year.

Now my personal favourite, “Will we be able to fix the line?”. Not unless there is a Draft mid season. This unit is power sh*t. It’s not even a Pro level line, it also seems like it’s coached poorly to.

I don’t think Gase as the balls to change it. I’d play Harrison, Lewis, and Edoga it’s clear Kali, Winters, Beachum are done.

Good Oline play is about drafting superior talent, and then having them play in a unit.

Based on that, you could say the same about Dline play, is all about reps and not talent. 

This stuff is hyper homerism, We just aren’t competitive in any phase of the game right now. Specials perhaps but that’s it. 

We get to 0-6 and Douglas sells the family silver. I’d expect Adams’s and a few others traded for picks. Gase is one and done, and big Joe has a free pass.

Buckle up it’s going to be a very bumpy ride.

I endorse this view of our future 

6 hours ago, Nixhead said:

If the Jets don't fix that offensive line they aren't winning one of those games. Jets need everyone back that's been injured and the offensive line fixed. If all that happens I can see 1-2 or maybe 2-1 at best in their next 3 games.

I believe that's Douglas' #1 priority - fix the OL. It'll take 2 drafts/FA to complete. It'll be worth it.

13 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

This team is decimated by injuries right now. We'll come back in week 5 with Darnold, Herndon, Mosley, Williams, and Jenkins all back in the starting lineup. Thomas will also be back and Crowder will be able to slide into his normal position.

This team is going to look wildly different after the bye. 3-3 isn't likely, but it's not impossible. If we can come out of the first 6 games at 2-4, the final 10 games are not difficult - this is a long season and let's see where we stand after the second New England game.... people might be singing a totally different tune at that point.

Uhh.... herndon doesnt come back until week 6 dude.  And who is guarenteeing all those other players are coming back from injury in week 5?  

Blind loser optimist 

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

agree the bye is coming at the right time.  i also agree that both philly and the cowboys are not as good as they may seem.  the patsies?  they looked awful strong yesterday.  hopefully this week's game will knock them back a bit.

jets have got a lot of work to do in the next 2 weeks.

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I believe that's Douglas' #1 priority - fix the OL. It'll take 2 drafts/FA to complete. It'll be worth it.

Luckily he didn't get this past offseason to draft players and sign FAs.  The clock starts in February.  "Let's not get moving right away.  We have plenty of time before Darnold needs to get paid."

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'm not actually burying Stidham.  I actually liked the kid.

That waste of bandwidth was talking about how we should've have drafted Stidham a couple of weeks ago to "replace Dinkin' Darnold" and how we're going to regret passing on him now, just like he did with Johnny Manziel. 

I was, more or less, rubbing his nose in sh*t.

Dont make things up dude.  Im not at the point i want darnold replaced.  He has not played enough to get a read on what he is going to be.  But he has been enough where you dont put all your eggs in his basket.  We should take a qb in the 3rd or 4th round next year to have an option if we realize darnold isnt the guy.

You might want to go through the hand written notes you keep on my posts to fact check.  

I expect this team to realistically be 2 and 5 by week 8 and finish the season somewhere around 7 and 9 of the coach gets his act together and stops throwing players under the bus publicly it is a real bad look. That is not accountability, coaches put players into position to make plays and this coach has not done it. 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I said it so it will be true until it isn't true. I feel good about the Eagles game, so this should live at least two weeks anyway.  :)

The Eagles have never lost to the Jets. They're 10-0 vs the Jets. We're certainly due for a win against them. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=phi&tm2=nyj&yr=all