Trolling people with neg rep

Maxman

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The reputation system is meant to be fun. There are people here who are trolling others with nothing but neg rep. Neg rep is fine but if you are going through everyone's post and neg repping everything that they ever wrote that's not what it's for.

So if you're doing that please check your reputation in the morning. We are bringing back neg rep bombs and sending that to anyone who is abusing the system.

Have a good day.

you know me, anit butt fumble...    sometimes down vote...   toss em

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Apparently some do, even enough to complain to the owner of this board. Sad but true.

There is a fake Jet fan/Giant fan here who calls out multiple folks for “buttfumbling” him/her, crying for an explanation. 

And I think he’s an adult and if he weren’t a Giant fan I’d be embarrassed for him  

True story. 

Pretty sure I can narrow it down to 2 or 3 guys over at the Pats board.  A few of them have an obsession with the Jets.  Odd considering the results of the teams the last couple decades...  but hey, maybe it's just the Boston feeling inferior to NY thing.

It doesn’t feel right to them, Unless they are cheating & trying to pretend to be something/someone they are not

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

So let's just make this the all hell is breaking loose, people are getting banned thread.

5 users banned in the last few days. 2 of them were troll accounts from other teams. 3 of the bans are explained here in this locked thread: 

The other ban was a troll but here is his goodbye note. Keep up the good work @The Crusher! If Pats fans think this we are definitely doing our job!

Hey crusher, not a problem. Jets Nation is a horrible site. The foul language allowed and the football IQ of those posting is a total embarrassment. Make mine a "permanent ban". Gives me more time to spend on the Gang Green forum where intelligent football fans can have a real discussion. Over there they told me Jets Nation was horrible. I had to find out myself. I'll post letting them know they were spot on. 

Go Patriots.

I’m happy he’s happy .

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

The reputation system is meant to be fun. There are people here who are trolling others with nothing but neg rep. Neg rep is fine but if you are going through everyone's post and neg repping everything that they ever wrote that's not what it's for.

So if you're doing that please check your reputation in the morning. We are bringing back neg rep bombs and sending that to anyone who is abusing the system.

Have a good day.

Kid stuff. good for the moderators.

It actually helps with troll hunting. If someone has greater than 25 negative rep it’s a pretty strong indicator they aren’t a Jets fan. That and a sign up date of less than a month. Some exceptions but not many. 
Right now it might not be a good indication, alot of fans are not thrilled with the shape of the team so they aren't going to be downvoting people for pointing out the obvious which is this team sucks right now.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

*shakes cane*  ?

Thank God I don't need a cane yet ? (my Dad lived to past 90 and never needed one and I've always been in better shape than him), and I get that my commentary here is a little grumpy old manish, but I don't get the "rep" thing--if I agree with folks I say so and if I don't, I say that too.

It's funny but there is a dude here who I'm pretty sure is in his late 50's and he has, on multiple occasions, complained about a "buttfumble" and asked for chapter and verse from the buttfumbler why he was so negatively repped.

It's embarrassing.   

Maybe it's a Facebook thing (which I'd never go on).  IDK.

10 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Right now it might not be a good indication, alot of fans are not thrilled with the shape of the team so they aren't going to be downvoting people for pointing out the obvious which is this team sucks right now.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

True. But I can look at a screen and see how man negative and positive they get. Everyone gets a few negative reps here and there but also positive. I’m talking someone I catch trolling then look at their page and see 38 neg reps, 4 positives (ones they gave themselves) and a join date of less than a month? Yep, that’s a troll that has to go. Or someone who has 9 neg reps in their first 12 post? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Thank God I don't need a cane yet ? (my Dad lived to past 90 and never needed one and I've always been in better shape than him), and I get that my commentary here is a little grumpy old manish, but I don't get the "rep" thing--if I agree with folks I say so and if I don't, I say that too.

It's funny but there is a dude here who I'm pretty sure is in his late 50's and he has, on multiple occasions, complained about a "buttfumble" and asked for chapter and verse from the buttfumbler why he was so negatively repped.

It's embarrassing.   

Maybe it's a Facebook thing (which I'd never go on).  IDK.

I'm not on Facebook either. Got enough drama in real life lol. The rep system here for me is kinda like shorthand. Instead of commenting "+1" or "this" to agree with someone,  it's more expedient to use an upvote. Same with the laugh icon. 

...and I'm closer to 50 than I care to admit. ?

• Upvote 2

I love it when people complain about what others do right or wrong if you weren't a person in everyones business and it didn't bother you it wouldn't matter to you what the heck goes on with the negative rep and buttfumbling. I see it  as a cry for help from most who give it out or sheer frustration because they disagree with someone and don't know how to debate an issue.