Trolling people with neg rep

Maxman

So the good news is this, the system is being used 99.99999% as intended. Thank you to everyone for making this community great.

There was one person abusing the system, and they have been dealt with. If I knew it was only one person doing it, I would have dealt with it directly first. But threads like this are always fun.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Maxman said:

So the good news is this, the system is being used 99.99999% as intended. Thank you to everyone for making this community great.

There was one person abusing the system, and they have been dealt with. If I knew it was only one person doing it, I would have dealt with it directly first. But threads like this are always fun.  :)

So, you’re saying this was an unnecessary thread and you should be scolded by joewilly then neg repped?

• Haha 1

The funny thing is, unlike some, I don't care if I am buttfumbled or down voted. To each his own. Some guys however, take themselves too seriously and take great offense when its done to them. Relax. Its a message board. If you get that pissed off over getting neg repped maybe its time to take a step back.

On a lighter note would it be possible to add a rep button that tells the other person to eff off or something equal? Might cut down on the cursing. Plus it would save a lot of time. LOL.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

The funny thing is, unlike some, I don't care if I am buttfumbled or down voted. To each his own. Some guys however, take themselves too seriously and take great offense when its done to them. Relax. Its a message board. If you get that pissed off over getting neg repped maybe its time to take a step back.

On a lighter note would it be possible to add a rep button that tells the other person to eff off or something equal? Might cut down on the cursing. Plus it would save a lot of time. LOL.

If I upvoted posts, I would upvote this. 

But I don’t. 

So I won’t. 

But it’s spot on. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

So let's just make this the all hell is breaking loose, people are getting banned thread.

5 users banned in the last few days. 2 of them were troll accounts from other teams. 3 of the bans are explained here in this locked thread: 

The other ban was a troll but here is his goodbye note. Keep up the good work @The Crusher! If Pats fans think this we are definitely doing our job!

Hey crusher, not a problem. Jets Nation is a horrible site. The foul language allowed and the football IQ of those posting is a total embarrassment. Make mine a "permanent ban". Gives me more time to spend on the Gang Green forum where intelligent football fans can have a real discussion. Over there they told me Jets Nation was horrible. I had to find out myself. I'll post letting them know they were spot on. 

Go Patriots.

Double ban that douchebag

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I thought that was what butt fumble was for 

• Upvote 1

C'mon people......some of you aren't being honest.  You know your eyes light up when you get that phone notification that someone "reacted" to one of your posts.  It validates you fandom in some strange way and makes you feel that there are others out there who share the same exact misery that you do of being a Jets fans. In a way, that little green "upvote" brings all of us miserable gluttons for punishment a little closer together.  8-)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The rep posting can be effective and useful... and it can also be very childish.  You don't have to explain a "sad" or "cofused"  emoji or say why you are tagging someone's comment.  I think when rep points are used right it's obvious those posts deserved that kind of reaction.  And then sometimes when I see an emoji on my post, I want to talk to the forum member like Andy Dufresne to Warden Norton, "how can you be so obtuse?!  Is it deliberate?"

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t get the whole rep thing but I’m relatively old so there is that. 

I have no idea why anyone gives a darn about the reps.  Isn't this all just for entertainment?  For someone to sit there and dig through someone else's posts and neg rep them is... well.... kind of weird... borderline creepy.

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t get the whole rep thing but I’m relatively old so there is that. 

Yeah I never really understood it either, and never used it.  Seems like it encourages everyone to have the same opinion and join the hive mind.  Anyone who has a unique or differing opinion is basically bullied into submission by the torches and pitchforks known as neg rep.  But I'm old too, so what do I know.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Actually I went through this a little further and it seems clear that @More Cowbell started it. Sounds so childish. Either way just put @Skeptable on ignore if you aren't able to not abuse the system here.

We are discussing football here, this shouldn't be that difficult.

You have to be kidding

You think I started this? Go look at that time stamps.

5 hours ago, thshadow said:

Seriously?  You want to argue "no he started it"?  Who gives a crap??

Here's a metaphor.  If I'm talking with my friends, and a couple of 8 years olds come by and start calling each other names, back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth - all I really want is for them to just shut up so I can keep talking to the adults in the room.  I don't care which 8 year old started it.

No problem. If someone publicly  accuses you of doing something you didn't,  I'm sure you just shut up and walk away

On 9/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, freestater said:

I'm not on Facebook either. Got enough drama in real life lol. The rep system here for me is kinda like shorthand. Instead of commenting "+1" or "this" to agree with someone,  it's more expedient to use an upvote. Same with the laugh icon. 

...and I'm closer to 50 than I care to admit. ?

Pretty much how I feel.

Sometimes i want to type "I agree, because....yadda yadda" and sometimes I just want to read. It depends on the mood I'm in/ how hungover I am.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No problem. If someone publicly  accuses you of doing something you didn't,  I'm sure you just shut up and walk away

You make a good point but I was in that thread and you have to admit it got out of hand, both of you had strong arguments on KO - both good posters with a different view on the situation, the "agree to disagree" button would have been perfect :) 

also agree that's not common for either one of you, so being the "example" is bad timing and it's not like Max gave you neg rep LOL or did he?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Don't normally do this, but this is the kind of thing we are trying to avoid here. @Skeptable @More Cowbell I don't know who started it, but you guys should just put each other on ignore rather than neg repping every single thing the other person writes. I can figure out how to remove reputation by user group, honestly though I would prefer not to spend the time on it. Please just walk away or use ignore.

image.png

lol  Holy sh*t!

You guys are emptying your clips!

shooting machine gun GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Don't normally do this, but this is the kind of thing we are trying to avoid here. @Skeptable @More Cowbell I don't know who started it, but you guys should just put each other on ignore rather than neg repping every single thing the other person writes. I can figure out how to remove reputation by user group, honestly though I would prefer not to spend the time on it. Please just walk away or use ignore.

image.png

In case you guys get bored with butt fumbling each other, here is some new butt for ya'll.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2