Trolling people with neg rep

Maxman

55 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

You make a good point but I was in that thread and you have to admit it got out of hand, both of you had strong arguments on KO - both good posters with a different view on the situation, the "agree to disagree" button would have been perfect :) 

also agree that's not common for either one of you, so being the "example" is bad timing and it's not like Max gave you neg rep LOL or did he?

I don't  have a pro problem with Max or really anyone. I had the same disagreement with Jet Nut in the tread but he's a good guy and even though he and I disagree, we are able to have a discussion  without giving each other negative rep because we disagree.  With that other poster, yeah, it got out of hand and I was getting negative rep on just about anything I wrote about it at one point but whatever. I'm not rehashing it anymore. I've moved on.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  have a pro problem with Max or really anyone. I had the same disagreement with Jet Nut in the tread but he's a good guy and even though he and I disagree, we are able to have a discussion  without giving each other negative rep because we disagree.  With that other poster, yeah, it got out of hand and I was getting negative rep on just about anything I wrote about it at one point but whatever. I'm not rehashing it anymore. I've moved on.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Lol, ok preachy! You've literally done to me what Max just described in his first post; went through old posts of mine for the sole purpose of 'neg repping' me because I disagreed with one of your posts and buttfumbled it. Now, in the grand scheme of things I agree with you and feel the whole thing takes on a bit too much seriousness for some folks and winds up just getting silly. But I couldn't stand idly by here and let you proselytize like you're above the fray, because you're not. 

Amen bro.  Dude kills most threads he posts in.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 9/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, Maxman said:

The reputation system is meant to be fun. There are people here who are trolling others with nothing but neg rep. Neg rep is fine but if you are going through everyone's post and neg repping everything that they ever wrote that's not what it's for.

So if you're doing that please check your reputation in the morning. We are bringing back neg rep bombs and sending that to anyone who is abusing the system.

Have a good day.

Reputation, reputation, I've lost my reputation!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Lol, ok preachy! You've literally done to me what Max just described in his first post; went through old posts of mine for the sole purpose of 'neg repping' me because I disagreed with one of your posts and buttfumbled it. Now, in the grand scheme of things I agree with you and feel the whole thing takes on a bit too much seriousness for some folks and winds up just getting silly. But I couldn't stand idly by here and let you proselytize like you're above the fray, because you're not. 

Fair enough I give you that. Thanks for the heads up I will try and be a better member and poster appreciate the heads up. 

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Amen bro.  Dude kills most threads he posts in.

Bwahhhhhh Mr.Buttfumble/Mr.Innocent  himself,dude lives in a glass house and throws all kinds of stones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

suspicious family matters GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

YOU need to ignore ME dude/dudette. 

But you say you are taking the high road and choose to ignore others... but never do...  but they should know when you’re not going to so they can ignore you.

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No need, you on the other hand should try something, anything to make you a happier better person. 

Why fight with other NY Jets fans, makes zero sense. 

And the signature projection / personal attack.

Honestly confused how you aren’t banned daily. Sympathy I guess.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Get rid of negative rep. Keep upvote only. Solves alot of problems and still allows good posters/posts to get the recognition they deserve.

Just my $0.02.

No.

If someone's feelings are too sensitive for getting a negative vote, then they shouldn't be on the internet. Period.

Sure, some people abuse the system, but the number of people who do are small in comparison to the people who use it properly, and they are dealt with.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1