The narrative that Gase can be excused due to back up QBs has been crushed this week..

Beerfish

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Basing on previous stops would have stopped you from hiring Bill Belichik or Pete Carroll. Just for a quick example... Not saying this is the only way to go but you can't just dismiss a HC 3 games in on his second team.

you can based on the circumstances based on his firing. Look they all lost games and were fired for that but how many had players speak out about them and how much they disliked the coach and screamed at the owner. Some people wrote that off as part of some plan he had. That is giving him way to much based on his performance here

14 hours ago, rammagen said:

you can based on the circumstances based on his firing. Look they all lost games and were fired for that but how many had players speak out about them and how much they disliked the coach and screamed at the owner. Some people wrote that off as part of some plan he had. That is giving him way to much based on his performance here

Plenty... There are many players that spoke out about Belichik at Cleveland. The media just isn't as loud in Cleveland and media isn't so sharky as it is today.

5 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Plenty... There are many players that spoke out about Belichik at Cleveland. The media just isn't as loud in Cleveland and media isn't so sharky as it is today.

Maybe but they would have wrote something if the players spoke out loudly enough. But  my point is still valid you had experienced players on the roster complaining about him as a person and then as a coach. You dont have to work for the guy you work for, but when players complain about the coaching and play calling that is not something you just write off.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/12/31/18162804/former-miami-dolphins-players-taking-shots-at-adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

this is the only thing I found about him and Cleveland some of the players were split because he shipped out their starter, nothing about play calling or players really bitching

https://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2016/02/15/bill-belichick-fired-browns-cleveland/

2 completely different narratives between the coaches and situations.  Read the articles and let me know if BB ever screamed at the owner and had to be told to shut up. 

Sorry but the idea that gase can be judged on his performance as the HC in Miami is flawed logic, people are doing that with McCarthy .......just pointing that out

27 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Maybe but they would have wrote something if the players spoke out loudly enough. But  my point is still valid you had experienced players on the roster complaining about him as a person and then as a coach. You dont have to work for the guy you work for. but when players complain about the coaching and play calling that is not something you just write off.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/12/31/18162804/former-miami-dolphins-players-taking-shots-at-adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

this is the only thing I found about him and Cleveland some of the players were splitbecause he shipped out their starter

https://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2016/02/15/bill-belichick-fired-browns-cleveland/

Media and NFL coverage is different now then 25 years ago. Not everything is covered like it is here... Players, fans and ownership wanted BB out... 

19 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Media and NFL coverage is different now then 25 years ago. Not everything is covered like it is here... Players, fans and ownership wanted BB out... 

dud you read the articles? the coverage is different because of the forms of coverage.

some of the players and fans wanted bb out because he shipped out Kosar, Ownership wanted him out because they were moving to Baltimore.

to compare Bellicheck and Gase on Cleveland and Miami are absurd. BB had a losing record but had control of the team and the direction and the other was losing and lost the players because of his attitude. 

To blame Gase's issues on the media and the coverage in the slightest is laughable, he was fired because he was a losing coach, and screamed at the owner that ha nothing to do with the media. That would have happened in 94 as well and those stories would have leaked out as well.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Adam Gase’s Offense rankings: 

Total yards: 32nd 
Yards per play: 32nd
Scoring: 32nd
First downs per game: 32nd
Passing: 32nd 
Third-down %: 31st
Run: 28th
Yards per rush attempt: 29th

Lol

Just cancel this year and tune back in when April comes around

Man, it’s almost like he was working with a third string quarterback. 

SAR I

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

His 3rd string QB started 1 game. 

I didnt see Darnold light it up week 1. It's the Mono, I know. 

Cool story though. 

Darnold looked fantastic in the preseason, he was moving the ball fluidly, passing with great precision, moving his body very well.

The reason that didn't carry over into the regular season is because Sam was in the formative stage of mononucleosis and his muscles and lungs were compromised, likely some decision-making capacities as well.

Oh, and he scored the decisive touchdown pass and subsequent two point conversion that should have iced the game.  He played well enough to win.  The D blew it.  The K blew it.  Darnold and Gase's offense, did not.

SAR I

The reality is that this thread is idiotic. Gase has had 3 weeks with 3 different QBs and one with mono. To call Gase a bust as a head coach after 3 weeks is dumb. 

With that said, after the bye he will have his QB back healthy, Bell/Anderson/Crowder, Herndon back the week after and a healthy oline that should be better than last year. So there will be no more excuses. Plenty of teams put up big offensive numbers with questionable olines and the talent the Jets have on offense. The Jets oline may not be good, but it's not a dumpster fire. 

• Post of the Week 1

assdfsd.jpg

And FYI, against Buffalo, Sam completed 28 throws (most in a game in his career) for a 68.2% completion percentage (11 points higher than his average) and a 84.9 QBR (7 points higher than average).

Sam actually had a good game against a tough defense.  Again, doing enough to win and scoring a big TD and 2pt Conversion in crunch time which wouldn't have been necessary (lousy K) or would have held up (lousy Q4 D).  So this Gase myth can stop now.

SAR I

Guys, why dont we put this to rest until next sunday.  The eagles are ranked 29 against the pass.  We should be throwing the ball up and down the field on them.  

There are too many excuses to be made right now. Next sunday at 1:00pm is put up or shut up time.  There are no excuses anymore if the offense has another dreadful performance.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Darnold looked fantastic in the preseason, he was moving the ball fluidly, passing with great precision, moving his body very well.

The reason that didn't carry over into the regular season is because Sam was in the formative stage of mononucleosis and his muscles and lungs were compromised, likely some decision-making capacities as well.

Oh, and he scored the decisive touchdown pass and subsequent two point conversion that should have iced the game.  He played well enough to win.  The D blew it.  The K blew it.  Darnold and Gase's offense, did not.

SAR I

Dont the preseason have "vanilla defenses"? 

Look, im not trashing on Darnold. My point was towards Gase. But if you're going to talk about what string QB is playing then im going to remind you that our 1st string QB did nothing in week 1. 

The offense scored 8 points. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 10:32 PM, T0mShane said:

1. This is a miserable, undesirable, trash, career-killing job. We were always going to be sorting through c-list candidates regardless, so it didn’t bother me that we ended up with Gase, who’s as accomplished a c-lister as we could have gotten. And when you consider that the A-List was Arians and Flores, I mean, the pool is fairly shallow regardless. 

2 I like Gase for the same reasons I liked Mangini—they seem to have little patience for Jets f*ckery and take pride in exiling it as they see fit. Obviously, it takes more to be a franchise builder than simply burning down the building, but at least Gase has had the wherewithal to get right to it. 

3. I’d be apoplectic if Bowles and Macc we’re still here and the team looked like this on the field. They’re the ones who made this bed. Gase, however, just waked in on it, knows it sucks, and clearly wants to purge most of what he sees. I say we have to give him a chance to do that. If it works, awesome! If it doesn’t? Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

He may not be the coach we deserve.... But he is the coach we needed at this time 

46 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

His 3rd string QB started 1 game. 

I didnt see Darnold light it up week 1. It's the Mono, I know. 

Cool story though. 

His backup quarterback lasted a quarter.  Here's the breakdown:

Falk:  7 quarters
Mono:  4 quarters
Semen: 1 quarter

Seriously, I'm upset too, but there are extenuating circumstances here.  It's been 20 years since a HC had to start 3 different QB's in the first 3 games of the season, and two of them weren't even on the team the year prior.  Bill Walsh couldn't have won the Browns or Patriots games.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Look, im not trashing on Darnold. My point was towards Gase. But if you're going to talk about what string QB is playing then im going to remind you that our 1st string QB did nothing in week 1. 

Scroll up a few posts until you see the one with the fancy chart.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Guys, why dont we put this to rest until next sunday.  The eagles are ranked 29 against the pass.  We should be throwing the ball up and down the field on them.  

There are too many excuses to be made right now. Next sunday at 1:00pm is put up or shut up time.  There are no excuses anymore if the offense has another dreadful performance.

imageproxy-php.jpg

Showtime.

SAR I

On 9/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, Philc1 said:

It’s not just the injuries the playcalling is horrible

Gase f-cking LOVES the qb under Center taking 5-step dropbacks while Kalil - the guy Gase f-cking signed- gets turnstiled 

And the constant screen passes defenses always identify pre snap Oh My God

My personal favorites are the passes behind the line of scrimmage with 8 man fronts. 

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Scroll up a few posts until you see the one with the fancy chart.

SAR I

I dont need any fancy chart when a couple days after the game I made a post about how Jamison Crowder broke a single game Jets receptions record but didnt even surpass 100 yards in the game. 

In otherwords, completing 28 passes at a 69% clip makes a chart look fancy until you realize that the Yards per attempt is just over 4 yards per pass. There are running backs in the league who rush better than that. 

To add further context, that 4.27 Yards per attempt is the worst of his young career. 

So again, let me make it clear that you're making this a Sam Darnold thing. Im making this a Adam Gase thing. Lets cut the bullcrap with fancy charts that dont provide proper context.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Other teams are playing and having success with udfas and 6th round rookies who no one has ever heard of but the guy Gase hand picked to be on this team and who 'knows the system better than anyone' is the reason gase offense sucks.

Logic astounds

You're talking about Trevor Siemian? 

You know he lasted just 1 quarter before being knocked out for the season.....right?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

On 9/22/2019 at 7:26 PM, Beerfish said:

Gardner Minshaw - 204 yards, 2 tds - WIN

Jacoby Brissett - 310 yards, 2 tds - WIN

Kyle Allen - 261 yards, 4 tds - WIN

Mason Rudolph - 174 yards, 2tds - almost win but not quite

Daniel Jones - 336 yards, 2tds and 2 tds rushing, WIN

Teddy Bridgewater - 177 yards, 2 tds - WIN

Yeah, the fact we are down a QB is no excuse for the pathetic display in this league when almost everything favours offense.

Bwaaaaaa

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont need any fancy chart when a couple days after the game I made a post about how Jamison Crowder broke a single game Jets receptions record but didnt even surpass 100 yards in the game. 

In otherwords, completing 28 passes at a 69% clip makes a chart look fancy until you realize that the Yards per attempt is just over 4 yards per pass. There are running backs in the league who rush better than that. 

To add further context, that 4.27 Yards per attempt is the worst of his young career. 

So again, let me make it clear that you're making this a Sam Darnold thing. Im making this a Adam Gase thing. Lets cut the bullcrap with fancy charts that dont provide proper context.

The Jets were up 16-0 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter.  The game was over.  The Bills were lifeless.  Mosely had just made a fantastic play in the endzone to break up a TD.  Darnold and Gase did their job.

All the DC needed to do was prevent the Bills from scoring 17 points in 16 minutes.  And he didn't do it.  Yet all I hear about for week after week is Gase This and Gase That and Darnold This and Falk That.

Enough already.  Adam and Sam did enough to win the Buffalo game which Williams blew.  Browns and Patriots game are off the table as we were starting a scrub who shouldn't even be in the NFL. 

If you want to be mad about a single missed opportunity this entire season, be mad about Gregg Williams and his failure to adjust to Mosely's injury.  That's real.  That's legit.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the fact we are down a QB is no excuse for the pathetic display in this league when almost everything favours offense.

Those are BACKUP quarterbacks.  You've got 64 quarterbacks that are legitimate NFL caliber, #33 to #64 either having prior NFL experience or being young guys that the coaching staff feels strongly about.

Luke Falk is #94 on the list.  Third string.  Practice squad.  Taxi squad.  That's not NFL caliber.  That's a grocery boy.  That's a car wash attendant.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

It depends on the opponent. The Jets also have a team that is devoid of talent. The team also has no chemistry because the coaching is so poor.

So I don't want to pass judgment too early, but I do think it's a combination of factors that's caused the team to play so poorly. Although the majority of blame belongs on Gases shoulders, I'm not ready to do anything rash. 

I think we need more than anything to get Sammy back and all our other injured players back and see how we do. Right now it looks much worse than it is.

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets were up 16-0 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter.  The game was over.  The Bills were lifeless.  Mosely had just made a fantastic play in the endzone to break up a TD.  Darnold and Gase did their job.

All the DC needed to do was prevent the Bills from scoring 17 points in 16 minutes.  And he didn't do it.  Yet all I hear about for week after week is Gase This and Gase That and Darnold This and Falk That.

Enough already.  Adam and Sam did enough to win the Buffalo game which Williams blew.  Browns and Patriots game are off the table as we were starting a scrub who shouldn't even be in the NFL. 

If you want to be mad about a single missed opportunity this entire season, be mad about Gregg Williams and his failure to adjust to Mosely's injury.  That's real.  That's legit.

SAR I

The Bills came back and won so obviously Gase did NOT do his job.

5 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The Bills came back and won so obviously Gase did NOT do his job.

Oh, now we're talking about Gase the Head Coach and not Gase the Offensive Coordinator?

Okay.  The D has looked very good this season despite being overtaxed by the ineffective third-string offense.  Gase has done an amazing job with this defense.  Go Gase.  I'm thinking extension, you?

SAR I

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

What was the score when the clock said 0:00? 

The last time I checked, the Jets were up 16-0 because the defense also scored 8 of those points. So what did this offense do, really...when the D scored a TD and a safety?

What do you mean "Darnold and Gase did their job". The last time I checked, Adam Gase is the Head Coach of the entire team. You know who did his job? Greg Williams did his job. He's been doing his job every week, and he has no cornerbacks or pass rushers! 

Gase is in charge of the entire team, but he shouldnt be. 

You can miss me with all these excuses. Gase has done absolutely nothing as a HC in this league to warrant all of the damage control. 

If your response is going to be more of the same, then you can have the floor, as Im done with the convo. Gase record speaks for itself. 

Guys, SAR,  this horse has been beat to death.  Its time for all of us to calm down, enjoy the bye week and get ready for next sunday in philly.

We will be facing a 1-3 team who has the 29th pass defense in the league and is lucky they arent 0-4.

All of our questions, fears etc will be answered that day.

Gase and Darnold will show us what they are made of.  There are no more excuses and no where else to hide.

10 days cant get here fast enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/23/2019 at 9:50 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

The offense looked terrible week one and not ready for prime time. That’s on the coach. 

The O has look inept for 3 weeks.  His record for the last 6 games is 0-6.  Think about that and …. 

http://turnonthejets.com/2019/09/new-york-jets-bye-week-the-three-things-teams-to-learn-from/

"As it stands now, we have seen the exact same offense from Gase that he ran in Miami. The same swing pass 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 3, is the same one he did with Ryan Tannehill, the same one he did with Sam Darnold week 1, the same one he did with Trevor Siemian week 2 and the same one he did with Luke Falk in week 3. When Darnold is back, the team must play to his strengths, get him on the move to mitigate offensive line concerns and show some flexibility off what didn’t work for Gase in Miami. It is about building a system that fits your players, not fitting the players into your system."

If Gase didn't see fit to change his ways after his failures in Miami, and so far through 3 games with the Jets, why does anyone think he's going to change now? To correct a problem, first you have to admit there is a problem. Gase's schemes and play calling are problems, but to listen to him THAT isn't the problem, it's poor execution by the players. So, apparently the solution is that we just have to wait until we replace the majority of the roster with players that can execute Gase's plans!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

What was the score when the clock said 0:00? 

The last time I checked, the Jets were up 16-0 because the defense also scored 8 of those points. So what did this offense do, really...when the D scored a TD and a safety?

What do you mean "Darnold and Gase did their job". The last time I checked, Adam Gase is the Head Coach of the entire team. You know who did his job? Greg Williams did his job. He's been doing his job every week, and he has no cornerbacks or pass rushers! 

Gase is in charge of the entire team, but he shouldnt be. 

You can miss me with all these excuses. Gase has done absolutely nothing as a HC in this league to warrant all of the damage control. 

If your response is going to be more of the same, then you can have the floor, as Im done with the convo. Gase record speaks for itself. 

When we were up the entire game but only by a few points we were concerned.  But when Sam hit Bell for the TD and the subsequent 2 point conversion that was it, the game was over.  Everyone in my section was relaxed, Bills fans throughout the stadium were leaving, we weren't worried.

Because a 16 point lead entering the 4th quarter in the NFL means the game is over.  Capable NFL defenses don't blow 16 point leads.  Doesn't matter what the D did to generate points in the first quarter.  It was the fourth quarter.  It's where the defense makes its money.  Two more stops and the game was over.  Instead, they let the Bills throw all over the place and score 2 TD's in the time it takes to go to the bathroom.  That's not on the O.  No offense is trying to be aggressive with a big 4th quarter lead and a D that has been dominant all day. 

Enough with the "Rex Ryan is perfect Mark Sanchez is the problem" illogical thought pattern.  Doesn't matter how we got a 16 point lead.  Doesn't matter who scored.  What matters is who blew the lead and that was on the D.  Gase and Darnold had the game won.

SAR I

On 9/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold had a 104 degree fever and wasn't even at 80% in the Buffalo game and still did enough to give us a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter.  The O didn't lose that game.  The D did.

How about we give Adam Gase the next 8 weeks, half a season, to show what he's capable of with a healthy franchise quarterback.

SAR I

Fair enough. However, if after the next 8 weeks we are 2-9? 3-8? Many posters on this site will want him gone and I'll be right there with them. I want to see how good this team can be with healthy players. I'm convinced it's not good. Something like 5-11, 6-10 anyway, but we'll see.