Big Joe D...Where are you?

1 minute ago, #90 said:

And, what does Joe Douglass have to say about his boy The Offensive Guru and his train wreck of a team?

Are we really going to have to sit through 3 years of Head Gase? Brutal.

You do know he wasn’t hired until mid-June, right?   Just how much do you expect him to do?

So be Joe D....what would you have done since mid-June?

And what would you do now?

• Upvote 4

You are right C Mart..... He is on a roll...Trading a draft pick to NEW ENGLAND for a 31 year old WR who has a pulled hamstring and is coming off Achilles surgery, Keeping only one PK in camp and then watching his waiver wire special miss a PAT and FG vs Buffalo. Keep picking up DL men on waivers when we need CB and OL. Letting Rex Hogan talk him into signing every scrub from the colts secondary. Great start.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, #90 said:

You are right C Mart..... He is on a roll...Trading a draft pick to NEW ENGLAND for a 31 year old WR who has a pulled hamstring and is coming off Achilles surgery, Keeping only one PK in camp and then watching his waiver wire special miss a PAT and FG vs Buffalo. Keep picking up DL men on waivers when we need CB and OL. Letting Rex Hogan talk him into signing every scrub from the colts secondary. Great start.

So if your Douglass, and you took this job 3 months ago how are you improving this roster. What players would you have signed to make this roster better? Free agency was already over so which players got cut that Douglas should have claimed but he didn't. Serious question. 

Kalil hasn't worked out but atleast JD saw the weakness and tried to address it. Gase can bench him. (Which I believe will happen over the bye)

This is Maccs mess. Not Douglas. If you want to bash him, go for it, just realize you sound stupid.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, #90 said:

And, what does Joe Douglass have to say about his boy The Offensive Guru and his train wreck of a team?

Are we really going to have to sit through 3 years of Head Gase? Brutal.

You have to wonder if Joe D is going to give Gase a lot longer leash than he otherwise would have considering Gase helped bring him into the organization.  OTOH, is Joe D even in charge of hiring/firing the HC?  Maybe CJ makes these decisions?

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You have to wonder if Joe D is going to give Gase a lot longer leash than he otherwise would have considering Gase helped bring him into the organization.  OTOH, is Joe D even in charge of hiring/firing the HC?  Maybe CJ makes these decisions?

Adam gase is the one that will fire joe d, not the other way around.  Do you think adam gase hired a guy that will fire him?  

Gase is going nowhere for a long time no matter how bad this team is.

There was nothing Joe Douglass could really do to improve this team in the off season short of some minor moves. He wasn't here for FA, and wasn't here for the draft.

He convinced Kalil to come out of retirement and so far that has looked bad. But he had little other options to improve the O-Line. 

He comes from two really good organizations that have a history of strong drafting. I'm actually interested to see what this guy can do in his first off season. 

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

There was nothing Joe Douglass could really do to improve this team in the off season short of some minor moves. He wasn't here for FA, and wasn't here for the draft.

He convinced Kalil to come out of retirement and so far that has looked bad. But he had little other options to improve the O-Line. 

He comes from two really good organizations that have a history of strong drafting. I'm actually interested to see what this guy can do in his first off season. 

Yet he actually made the team worse

—Signs a completely incompetent kicker that everyone knew couldn’t put the ball in the ocean

—signs Kalil one month before the season when he already had a competent Center 

—trades a pick for a totally washed up receiver and to the Patriots!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Adam gase is the one that will fire joe d, not the other way around.  Do you think adam gase hired a guy that will fire him?  

Gase is going nowhere for a long time no matter how bad this team is.

Douglas has far more job security than Gase. The Jets gave him a 6-year deal at big money to prise him away from the Eagles, and they are not going to eat that anytime soon.

Not sure how long Gase's deal is, but it's probably 3 or 4 years max - so he's much easier to move out after 1 or 2 years, if need be.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Calling out Joe D right now doesn't make sense. The owner gave Macc the draft and free agency. Once he did that he gave away this year. Joe D will be on the clock when this season ends.

Doesn’t deserve to be called out, but some visibility may help. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Doesn’t deserve to be called out, but some visibility may help. 

Yeah the Jets are good at visibility when things are good and then hiding when it goes bad. We saw Joe's house and family on One Jets Drive when he started. Hopefully he breaks the cycle and is accountable like they want the players to be.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yet he actually made the team worse

—Signs a completely incompetent kicker that everyone knew couldn’t put the ball in the ocean

—signs Kalil one month before the season when he already had a competent Center 

—trades a pick for a totally washed up receiver and to the Patriots!

Maybe if he had a full FA/draft to make other moves those moves wouldn't have had to be made.

I had no problem with the Kalil move. Harrison is below average and Macc completely ignored the O-Line for years. The move hasn't worked, but I was a fan of it when it was made.

Plenty of teams were high on that kicker, didn't Minnesota trade a 5th rounder for him?

The DT trade was a late round pick in a desperation move probably because he had familiarity with Gase, whatever. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, C Mart said:

You do know he wasn’t hired until mid-June, right?   Just how much do you expect him to do?

So be Joe D....what would you have done since mid-June?

And what would you do now?

He had a chance to obtain Clowney. He has a chance to trade for a Ramsey, or perhaps another quality corner. hell, Patrick Peterson can play after week six. His job is too improve the team, any way he can . With cornerback and pass rush being such obvious weaknesses, he needs to do something of significance.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Signing Vedvik is a firable offense

I’ll tell you I can’t argue with you.

F**kin up the K situation so badly sure is a head scratcher.  I don’t mind if it’s just a K that blows a big kick, that happens to virtually every team.

This error with Vedvik occurred while Douglas showed that he had absolutely no foresight to hedge against what happened actually happening.  And that is very troubling.  Then the next move for this stiff Kahlil.  I understand that the NFL cupboard was bear at that point, but Jeez, you’re supposed to be some OL talent evaluating genius even playing the position yourself and you bring that refuse in?

Sure there is always the “trying to catch lightning in a bottle excuse”, but OL is supposed to be your forte, you couldn’t see that this guy is more than done and hand him $8Mill?

I swear, and this comes from being a fan of this cursed franchise for way too long, I could see Douglas’ ultimate RESULTS in building a roster only being a few notches better than Maccagnan.  That he loses most of his supposed gifts at evaluating talent....only because that seems to eerily happen to just about anyone who takes a Jet job, even if they have had strong success in the past it’s as though that person who once was is now an imposter.

And if that’s how this all plays out, I can’t say I’m totally done with this team, I’ll never say that, but I will hope for them to move to Antarctica or at least Canada, get rid of the “NY” in front of their name...that way I don’t have to be a fan anymore.

1 hour ago, genot said:

He had a chance to obtain Clowney. He has a chance to trade for a Ramsey, or perhaps another quality corner. hell, Patrick Peterson can play after week six. His job is too improve the team, any way he can . With cornerback and pass rush being such obvious weaknesses, he needs to do something of significance.

Make those trades..What are you giving up?

21 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Make those trades..What are you giving up?

I have no idea, that's not my job. Let him scour the tape and find a promising young corner who hasn't gotten enough playing time, because of veterans ahead of him. im pretty much sick of the giving up draft capital argument. I understand it. i fundamentally agree with it. the facts are with that philosophy we all could be dead and buried by the time the jet's field a winning team.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I’ll tell you I can’t argue with you.

F**kin up the K situation so badly sure is a head scratcher.  I don’t mind if it’s just a K that blows a big kick, that happens to virtually every team.

This error with Vedvik occurred while Douglas showed that he had absolutely no foresight to hedge against what happened actually happening.  And that is very troubling.  Then the next move for this stiff Kahlil.  I understand that the NFL cupboard was bear at that point, but Jeez, you’re supposed to be some OL talent evaluating genius even playing the position yourself and you bring that refuse in?

Sure there is always the “trying to catch lightning in a bottle excuse”, but OL is supposed to be your forte, you couldn’t see that this guy is more than done and hand him $8Mill?

I swear, and this comes from being a fan of this cursed franchise for way too long, I could see Douglas’ ultimate RESULTS in building a roster only being a few notches better than Maccagnan.  That he loses most of his supposed gifts at evaluating talent....only because that seems to eerily happen to just about anyone who takes a Jet job, even if they have had strong success in the past it’s as though that person who once was is now an imposter.

And if that’s how this all plays out, I can’t say I’m totally done with this team, I’ll never say that, but I will hope for them to move to Antarctica or at least Canada, get rid of the “NY” in front of their name...that way I don’t have to be a fan anymore.

You can't argue that taking a chance on a kicker or a center when we needed emergency replacements for both, isn't actually a fire-able offense when the GM hasn't even been able to run an off-season yet?

The f*ck?

1 minute ago, genot said:

I have no idea, that's not my job. Let him scour the tape and find a promising young corner who hasn't gotten enough playing time, because of veterans ahead of him. im pretty much sick of the giving up draft capital argument. I understand it. i fundamentally agree with it. the facts are with that philosophy we all could be dead and buried by the time the jet's field a winning team.

Didn't think you would. 

They did that's why they traded for Hairston

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Didn't think you would. 

They did that's why they traded for Hairston

We can't keep trotting out cornerbacks who are incapable of covering their guy. this is the N.F.L.  Get someone, Joe. A 1st for ramsey. No. A 2nd, and a 4th in this years draft, and a third the following year.Maybe.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2