Big Joe D...Where are you?

8 minutes ago, genot said:

We can't keep trotting out cornerbacks who are incapable of covering their guy. this is the N.F.L.  Get someone, Joe. A 1st for ramsey. No. A 2nd, and a 4th in this years draft, and a third the following year.Maybe.

haha...yeah, Jax is jumping all over that...:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Douglas is fine. However the visibility thing is important. He was a big hire for the franchise (at least told to us by the #footballpeople). Hopefully he doesnt fall into the Maccagnan habit of secluding himself and just doing scout work, while appearing every April. Gase passively passing blame off on others isnt a great front man. Douglas has been a ghost since camp, which is mildly concerning.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Calling out Joe D right now doesn't make sense. The owner gave Macc the draft and free agency. Once he did that he gave away this year. Joe D will be on the clock when this season ends.

He’s in charge NOW! Clean house, make trades to acquire draft picks. The season is already lost. Who’s kidding who! 

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

You can't argue that taking a chance on a kicker or a center when we needed emergency replacements for both, isn't actually a fire-able offense when the GM hasn't even been able to run an off-season yet?

The f*ck?

You think Harrison would have not played better than Kahlil? 

You think you couldn’t get a high school Kicker to put up better looking kicks than the one and done guy?

Im not going to judge Douglas on these initial transactions and of course it’s not a fireable offense.  But to question his judgement, and not liking it as it specifically relates to those 2 transactions, is totally in bounds.

Hey what Jet fan wouldn’t be angry now.  It’s obvious that most of this team has to hit the bricks.

It's obviously very early, but so far I am not impressed with Douglas.

Signing Kalil, signing Vedvik, and trading for Demariyus Thomas have all been bad moves.  I realize he doesn't have much to work with based on the timing of his hire, but all of these moves are proving to be horrendous.

Kalil looks like he's done.  How much effort went into seeing what he has left in the tank?  Pre-signing work out, tape from last year?

Vedvik was a complete and utter disaster all preseason, and his poor kicking cost the Jets a win in Week 1.  Almost everyone on this board called this a bad move.  How does a professional GM not see it?

If DT had anything left in the tank, no way the Pats trade him to us.  He was done 2 years ago, and he is a complete waste of a 6th round pick.  I'd rather take a shot on a young unproven player like Burnett who would not have cost the Jets any picks.

So far, no good.  He definitely hasn't earned my trust yet, and this is judging strictly on the moves he has made personally.

By the way, I had the same concerns with Mac his first year (called the bad moves of signing a washed up Revis to a record contract, and signing a slow, past his prime Harris to a monster deal).

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Douglas is fine. However the visibility thing is important. He was a big hire for the franchise (at least told to us by the #footballpeople). Hopefully he doesnt fall into the Maccagnan habit of secluding himself and just doing scout work, while appearing every April. Gase passively passing blame off on others isnt a great front man. Douglas has been a ghost since camp, which is mildly concerning.

Not in the NFL. You rarely hear from or see other teams GM during the season other than a mid-season presser 

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

We should fire Douglas already?

That's a real post by someone here??

Holy sh*t.

I’m the guy who questioned everyone for being so sure about Darnold. I didn’t want Gase. I also thought people here were over the top with their excitement over the Douglas hire.

But the crap I’m reading here the last 2 weeks is beyond belief dumb.

Darnold is out with mono, the backup QB got hurt in the second game. We’re playing a PS guy in Falk. What the hell were people expecting?

Honestly, I was angry with Gase, Darnold and the offense after the week one performance, but for so many to actually turn against Darnold now, and call for Gase and Douglas to be fired at this point of the season has me questioning what I’m actually doing here. It turns my stomach how ridiculous this fan base can be.

As much as I question Darnold, I’ve always rooted for him to succeed. I don’t want the Jets to have to look for another QB. I don’t know when he’s coming back, but I’m telling you, this board of loons is very close to turning on him the way they have on Gase and Douglas. 

I’m starting to think a lot of people here enjoy being angry and miserable more then they do rooting for the Jets.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m the guy who questioned everyone for being so sure about Darnold. I didn’t want Gase. I also thought people here were over the top with their excitement over the Douglas hire.

But the crap I’m reading here the last 2 weeks is beyond belief dumb.

Darnold is out with mono, the backup QB got hurt in the second game. We’re playing a PS guy in Falk. What the hell were people expecting?

Honestly, I was angry with Gase, Darnold and the offense after the week one performance, but for so many to actually turn against Darnold, and call for Gase and Douglas to be fired at this point of the season has me questioning what I’m actually doing here. It turns my stomach how ridiculous this fan base can be.

As much as I question Darnold, I’ve always rooted for him to succeed. I don’t want to have to look for another QB. I don’t know when he’s coming back, but I’m telling you, this board of loons is very close to turning on him the way they have on Gase and Douglas. 

I’m starting to think a lot of people here enjoy being angry and miserable more then they do rooting for the Jets.

Couldn't have said it better myself.