Yet to see 1 creative playcall

Sammybighead

6 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Scheme me a wr open once gase. Instead we have our 3rd string QB drop back and try to survey the field. Brady was getting rid of the ball in 1 second to wide open guys. That's genius playcalling.

Brady is in a system that he has had in place for nearly 20 years... of course he can make decisions in 1 sec... jesus... 

• Upvote 1

Week 1 = no rollouts. Darnold was sick though, he had mono. Gase knew he was sick, thinking the flu. The Jets were winning and played conservatively just trying to eek out a win.

Week 2 and 3 = Trevor and Luke. It has been bad, but I will give Gase a little more time before I run him out of town. The blocking issues are what they will focus on this week and they have two weeks to game plan for the Eagles.

Get a win and then things start to settle down a bit.

Also as a general rule, getting creative with play calling is something you do after you know that your guys know their assignments.  

Here the situation calls more for a simplification of the playbook, get a read on how the talent performs in a controlled fashion, make personal changes as necessary and  then slowly build it up.

I’ve seen NE do things like that on years where there was a lot of personel turnover, even on O with a qb that knew everything.  

• Upvote 2