Is bad coaching or player injuries the bigger reason Jets are losing? Do you agree with Bob Wischusen?

jetstream23

What's the main reason the Jets are losing?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is bad coaching or player injuries the bigger reason that the Jets are losing?

• Coaching is the biggest problem
    • Injuries are the biggest problem

#1 You are almost never injury free.

#2 The jets were not bad health wise game one and played awful and the offense looked bad.

#3 No this is not 'as tough as it gets'

If we were injury free it would be blame it on the previous GM (Who you probably defended for 5 years)

Oline, not injured starting RB not injured, no one of note at Wr injured.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, but you're almost never THIS injured.

#2 The jets were not bad health wise game one and played awful and the offense looked bad.

They were beating the undefeated (3-0) Buffalo Bills 16 - 0 before Mosely left and the D collapsed.

If we were injury free it would be blame it on the previous GM (Who you probably defended for 5 years)

Quincy Enunwa

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Cleveland played tonight without the entire secondary 

all the starting corners and safeties were injured.

they signed players off the street to play( including Justin Burris) and yer were able to put a decent showing including an INT that almost gave them the win

coaching , it matters 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes, but you're almost never THIS injured.

They were beating the undefeated (3-0) Buffalo Bills 16 - 0 before Mosely left and the D collapsed.

Quincy Enunwa

Please, Enunwa is one of the most overrated jet players of the last 5 years.

This team is healthy enough to not stink out he joint.

Good coaches do things to at least look good losing.

The offense looks worse than the gailey, morton and bates offenses all of those with terrible o talent as well.

This guy is supposed to be a good offensive coach.  Is he yet another one of these guys that will be good if you are 100% healthy and have he team stocked with pro bowlers?

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are almost never down to your 6th round, 2nd year, third string, QB either.

True, but the Buffalo defense has shown through three games that they are better than last year, which is pretty damn impressive. We, also, needed our kicker to make one of the missed kicks and we're not even discussing week one as a loss.

Subjective.  I have been pretty f*cking down lately, to the point where I can't even get angry at the team or the sport of football.  I just get depressed.

It is 110% Maccagnans fault, but, to a larger degree it's on Christopher Johnson for letting Maccagnan run another off-season before firing him.

Quincy Enunwa and DT are pretty big blows to a team that now has to start Josh Bellamy and Braxton Berrios on the outside.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Cleveland played tonight without the entire secondary 

all the starting corners and safeties were injured.

they signed players off the street to play( including Justin Burris) and yer were able to put a decent showing including an INT that almost gave them the win

coaching , it matters 

And they lost.

They have the most talented roster, on paper, I've seen in years, and yet they have one win.  They, also, aren't playing a 3rd string QB.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And they lost.

They have the most talented roster, on paper, I've seen in years, and yet they have one win.  They, also, aren't playing a 3rd string QB.

But we’re still competitive with one of the best teams in football.  The jets aren’t competitive with teams like the bills.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You are almost never down to your 6th round, 2nd year, third string QB either.

True, but the Buffalo defense has shown through three games that they are better than last year, which is pretty damn impressive. We, also, needed our kicker to make one of the missed kicks and we're not even discussing week one as a loss.

Subjective.  I have been pretty f*cking down lately, to the point where I can't even get angry at the team or the sport of football.  I just get depressed.

It is 110% Maccagnans fault, but, to a larger degree it's on Christopher Johnson for letting Maccagnan run another off-season before firing him.

Quincy Enunwa and DT are pretty big blows to a team that now has to start Josh Bellamy and Braxton Berrios on the outside.

Minshaw was a 6th rounder and is a rookie, Kyle Allen for the panthers was undrafted. Falk was brought in by Gase, Falk 'knows the offense better than anyone'

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Please, Enunwa is one of the most overrated jet players of the last 5 years.

This team is healthy enough to not stink out he joint.

Good coaches do things to at least look good losing.

The offense looks worse than the gailey, morton and bates offenses all of those with terrible o talent as well.

This guy is supposed to be a good offensive coach.  Is he yet another one of these guys that will be good if you are 100% healthy and have he team stocked with pro bowlers?

Trust me, I'm not defending Gase.  He's been atrocious.  But I can't totally ignore the fact that two of the Jets losses are to undefeated teams (6-0) and that the Browns gave the LA Rams a run for their money tonight.  I think the Jets have played against 3 very good teams, particularly on Defense, and they've used a QB3 in two of those games.

This season took a ridiculous U-Turn at a point when the Jets were up 16 - 0 against the undefeated Bills.

By the way, do you know the score of the Jets vs. Pats when the Pats are using their QB2?

Jets 7

Pats 0

Backup QBs do matter on occasion, especially when you have a severely underperforming OLine like the Jets do.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And they lost.

The Browns? They have nice talent at the skill positions but their OL is not very good, which is why they have 1 win. Baker doesn't get a clean pocket much(not that he stays in the pocket a lot anyway)

8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Even down to 2nd stringers they should have some sort of compete level. They haven’t even looked competitive on offense.  The o-line isn’t missing any starters and they’ve been terrible.  The secondary isn’t missing any starters, they’re just terrible.  

Look at what the Patriots have done on both offense and defense and tell me why you think that a team playing Luke Falk should at least "look competitive".   The 14 pathetic points we put up are the most scored on NE this year, and the 30 they scored is their lowest total through three games.

The team that we played today is going to roll through the NFL this year.  Expecting anything else today, given the circumstances, is on no one else's shoulders other than Jets fans who were being unrealistic.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Minshaw was a 6th rounder and is a rookie, Kyle Allen for the panthers was undrafted. Falk was brought in by Gase, Falk 'knows the offense better than anyone'

And sometimes you hit on backup QBs.  Minshew has proven, through three games, that he belongs.

Kyle Allen, going into today, had a career rating of 113.1 with two pretty damn good games under his belt.  Then, for his 3rd game, he gets the Cardinals, who are, quite literally, the polar opposite of  the defending Super Bowl champs

Most of the times, you get Luke Falk.  A back up that you never imagined would be starting but knows the system in case of emergency (like right now).

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The Browns? They have nice talent at the skill positions but their OL is not very good, which is why they have 1 win. Baker doesn't get a clean pocket much(not that he stays in the pocket a lot anyway)

If Baker's line is not very good, then what is the abomination that Maccagnan put together considered?

7 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I voted injuries, but it is really injuries and lack of talent.

The next few weeks after the bye will tell a lot, if the team can get relatively healthy.  If it does, and the team shows little to no improvement, more and more this goes on Gase.

The Jets aren't built to sustain injuries to starters.  Very little depth.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, heymangold said:

But we’re still competitive with one of the best teams in football.  The jets aren’t competitive with teams like the bills.

The Bills are 3-0 and have, arguably, the best defense in football.

They're better than the Browns, and we were absolutely competitive in that game.  We would have won it if we had Sam Ficken a week earlier.

• Upvote 2